• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That's legit but also a sort of compliment as Prince was reasonably sexy back in the day. Did you ever see the Dave Chappelle Prince plays basketball sketch?

I dunno, I've seen Purple Rain. A guy with a squeaky voice, a New Romantic/Purple-obsessed stylist, and who needs a leg up to get onto a motorbike ain't my idea of sexy. That's just me though.

Nah, I've only seen (like most of the internet, I imagine) the "Rick James, Bitch" skit.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I dunno, I've seen Purple Rain. A guy with a squeaky voice, a New Romantic/Purple-obsessed stylist, and who needs a leg up to get onto a motorbike ain't my idea of sexy. That's just me though.

Nah, I've only seen (like most of the internet, I imagine) the "Rick James, Bitch" skit.

I've not seen that, but every interview with him I've seen he's at least a baritone. And a bit odd, but hey. At least he didn't 'love children'.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I always thought Hitler was into cats...

178042151_e8d5a92cc9_m1.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
there was a cat in the news that got kicked in the face (and lost an eye) because it had a hitler mustache.

unfortunately sploatee is still figuring out human consciousness so he wasn't able to express it to his best ability.

Who he? Me? Me she not he.

And I know lots about human consciousness thankyouverymuch. Lots and lots.

Mikeside

there was a cat in the news that got kicked in the face (and lost an eye) because it had a hitler mustache.

unfortunately sploatee is still figuring out human consciousness so he wasn't able to express it to his best ability.

This makes me so incredibly angry.

Torrent that shit brah. Does it have ads when it's on Sky?

It does have adverts
and I don't watch it on Sky because fuck adverts
, but it doesn't particularly matter how I watch it if I either have to get up stupidly early or go to bed stupidly late to be able to watch it before work

Fuck you work :c

The most annoying thing is that they're not straight up spoiling it, just being vague, but not vague enough for me to not be able to glean stuff from it. Like, they're trying not to give away details, which then makes me feel like a dick for getting annoyed about it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
There's only one way to fight them - read the book so you can't be spoiled ;)

I end up watching a downloaded copy about 9ish anyway, I just don't like watching live on telly, I resent having to sit down at an appointed time.

Edit: having read or seen no spoilers, I already know that dis one gun be gud

There's only one way to fight them - read the book so you can't be spoiled ;)

I end up watching a downloaded copy about 9ish anyway, I just don't like watching live on telly, I resent having to sit down at an appointed time.

It took me like 8 months to read the first book, I'd never finish :c

Being able to record is good for that, having to fast-forward through adverts is still a ballache though. Which I realise is such a minor thing to complain about but I'm English so I'm gonna complain as much as I fucking want

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You cliquey pieces of shit are apparently too busy to make an RPG but have enough time to pirate Game of Thrones, smh. Also sploatee abusing animals is not cool.

What is the IRC we are using for E3? Trying to bookmark all my chat rooms before the conference.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You cliquey pieces of shit are apparently too busy to make an RPG but have enough time to pirate Game of Thrones, smh. Also sploatee abusing animals is not cool.

What is the IRC we are using for E3? Trying to bookmark all my chat rooms before the conference.

Eh?! When did I say it was?! Point it out to me.

And I've already said that I'm in for RPGness. I guess I'm just not important enough to you, American man.

Yes! I'm going to miss MS and EA, but from UBI onwards I'll be watching live all night!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I want in on the RPG. I can write words, write music and I have a great line in flow charts. Can't download RPG Maker because I have no computer...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Pirating GoT only uses up an hour a week, learning rpg maker would take at least four hours. Ain't nobody got time for that

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
4 hours? Maybe if you're a scrublord. I got on well with one of the super old versions a long time ago, even with a bunch of new bells and whistles it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
Yes! I'm going to miss MS and EA, but from UBI onwards I'll be watching live all night!
BGBW PM the IRC if you have to, iirc it was something are rizon.net last time I was in there (probably last e3).
Eh?! When did I say it was?! Point it out to me.

And I've already said that I'm in for RPGness. I guess I'm just not important enough to you, American man.
Well as long as you aren't a cat hater, British woman.
I want in on the RPG. I can write words, write music and I have a great line in flow charts. Can't download RPG Maker because I have no computer...
I just bought the expanded bundle with XP and VX included so I might be able to gift someone one of those versions on Steam. Marc & BGBW did you get a chance to try out the software yet? I will play around with the settings for the actual design part this week but if you creative types want to draft a script, maybe start with a basic plot outline and a cast of characters, that would be helpful. Sploatee, Screaming Meat you want to work on that?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
4 hours? Maybe if you're a scrublord. I got on well with one of the super old versions a long time ago, even with a bunch of new bells and whistles it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.BGBW PM the IRC if you have to, iirc it was something are rizon.net last time I was in there (probably last e3).Well as long as you aren't a cat hater, British woman.I just bought the expanded bundle with XP and VX included so I might be able to gift someone one of those versions on Steam. Marc & BGBW did you get a chance to try out the software yet? I will play around with the settings for the actual design part this week but if you creative types want to draft a script, maybe start with a basic plot outline and a cast of characters, that would be helpful. Sploatee, Screaming Meat you want to work on that?

Not a cat hater at all, Mr Jackben. It's just that I find it hard to emotionally connect with things through the insanity of the newsphere. FWIW I prefer the company of animals to most humans.

I'm up for this - should we all add each other on Skype? Might be easier than using here. Maybe. I dunno!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks buddy. And I'll PM a few people my skype info, last thing I need is some dick picks or goatsee popping up on my screen.

I can't promise that won't happen. I get scared on Skype and naturally cleave my buttocks in twain. It's a defense mechanism, similar to how squids spray ink.

Aaaaaaanyway

What's the time limit on plot, characters etc? Did we decide to stick with the Word Search type deal or are we still up in the air about stuff?

I still think that Chinner should be the antagonist, although perhaps he should be more of "Well Intentioned Extremist" because... Well, dammit, I like his posts.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Dear Vashetti

I have noticed you have bought Borderlands 2. Please can you say that you are enjoying it and confirm that I am missing the point and wrong and need to play it more.

PS Final Fantasy X - I am 5 hours in and have just fathomed out the levelling system. I'm liking it so far. There's gratuitous boob for Lulu, but there's also a surfeit of six packs on just about every male character, so it's not too bad.

Many thanks and best regards

Sploatee

The IRC is in the OP. #BritGAF on rizon.

Cheers man, bookmarked for next Monday!

PS Final Fantasy X - I am 5 hours in and have just fathomed out the levelling system. I'm liking it so far. There's gratuitous boob for Lulu, but there's also a surfeit of six packs on just about every male character, so it's not too bad.

Many thanks and best regards

Sploatee

Never played X before huh? It's got a typical slow start like most JRPGS (though the Zanarkand opening is awesome!), but it soon picks up the pace!

Embarrassingly it's the only FF I've completed (had VIII on the go for about 15 years). Brilliant ending too!

SKINNER!

Banned
Ooooh snap, the Retron 5. Want it so baaaaad!! Finally a good reason to get rid of my FC3Plus too. Price is a little steep though...I could probably get a Wii-U with that price
lol

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cheers man, bookmarked for next Monday!

Never played X before huh? It's got a typical slow start like most JRPGS (though the Zanarkand opening is awesome!), but it soon picks up the pace!

Embarrassingly it's the only FF I've completed (had VIII on the go for about 15 years). Brilliant ending too!

Nope, never played it before and my only other JRPG experience was with Persona 4 Golden which I despised as much as it is possible to. But so far it's much less irritating to me and also quite charming. So I'm happy.

Reknoc

Nope, never played it before and my only other JRPG experience was with Persona 4 Golden which I despised as much as it is possible to. But so far it's much less irritating to me and also quite charming. So I'm happy.

once you're done with X there's a treasure trove of actually decent FF games on PSN.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ooooh snap, the Retron 5. Want it so baaaaad!! Finally a good reason to get rid of my FC3Plus too. Price is a little steep though...I could probably get a Wii-U with that price
lol

The Retron is cool if you have the actual games, I can't be arsed tracking that stuff down now in 2014 though. PC + usb classic controller ports is all you need.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

If you have access to a DS, Dragon Quest 4 and 5 are my favourite JRPGs ever (5 is the best of the best, 4 is v good still). Plus there's Chrono Trigger which is vastly overrated by nerds but also excellent. I've only played a couple, but the FF games aren't nearly as good as the DQ I've played.

Reknoc

If you have access to a DS, Dragon Quest 4 and 5 are my favourite JRPGs ever (5 is the best of the best, 4 is v good still). Plus there's Chrono Trigger which is vastly overrated by nerds but also excellent. I've only played a couple, but the FF games aren't nearly as good as the DQ I've played.

woah, didnt think i'd agree so much with a pokemon hater but this is 10000000000% accurate. DQ5 is GOAT.

9 is also a good if you're like me and hate RPGs with static character costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom