• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of D

I'm thinking Pikmin 3. Most people - on GAF - who I've said that to have been supportive so I assume that's the right decision. It's amazing, they tell me.

thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif.gif

Great game. I'd have done it if I didn't get the £8.95 error from earlier in the year. Speaking of games, I really should get to adding BritGaffers on PSN/NNID/Steam.

Reknoc

man Wolfenstein is so fucking good god damn. so easy to not care about the shitty writing and weird freakish anime eyes everyone has because I'm two busy mowing down nazis with the best shotguns I've used in gaming for while. Maybe zenimax should dissolve iD into MachineGames.

edit: gamertags!

Reknoc - PSN/NNID/Steam

8bit

Knows the Score
There was a spreadsheet with tags somewhere, I think I'm sninuk on Nintendo & stx38 on PSN. 360 hasn't had live for years.

Marc

Ended up getting the RPG maker despite my misgivings on Steam, gonna start on a NeoGAF game focused on BritLand. Going to figure out how it all works anyway so doubt I will get very far.

If any fellow lego-loving Britgaffers are feeling generous, my missus's custom mixel model could do with your support in the competition thread here! Hers is the cute yellow 'Shnuffalo'.

Voted, good luck. :)

Great game. I'd have done it if I didn't get the £8.95 error from earlier in the year. Speaking of games, I really should get to adding BritGaffers on PSN/NNID/Steam.

PSN: ErebusMC

Mostly just playing RockSmith currently.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, if people are going to enter the RPGM contest I think it will be a good opportunity to see what the program can do so any ideas for a BritGAF collab are realistic.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cool, I'm not up for making one myself but definitely in for a collaboration.

Ps Wolfenstein is uber gut. It makes me want to run out and slaughter fascists. Which is itself a form of fascism, I suppose.

When is your birthday:11th may
Where do you live: Reedham, village in Norfolk
Where are you from: Cromer, different part of Norfolk.
What do you do: IT manager
What is your quest: Currently, to buy a new house.
Favourite actor/actress: Daniel Day Lewis
Favourite band/artist: Led Zeppelin
Favourite TV show: The Sopranos
Favourite crisps: Sea salt and balsamic Kettle crisps
Favourite biscuit: milk chocolate Hobnobs
Least favourite Pokémon: luvdisc
Stalactites or stalagmites:Stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches:diagonal

Vashetti

Banned

Welcome man :D

Volotaire

Norfolk eh, Norfolk

I know nothing of Norfolk

Greetings :D

Norfolk eh, Norfolk

I know nothing of Norfolk

And a good job too, we don't encourage strangers knowing our ways. We tried to build a wall between Kings Lynn and Great Yarmouth but the foreign devils in Londinium wouldn't let us, so to compromise we refuse to allow any motorways be built in order to stem the tide of you ten fingered freaks trying to take our wives and cousins.

Norfolk itself is a beautiful part of the country, very much like New Zealand as depicted in the LoTR films, if of course Gods Steamroller had flattened the shit out of it.
Oh and we all drive Tractors..exclusively.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Gahhh, left my iPod at home and Spotify is blocked at work. Music folks, recommend me some good full albums that youtube has. Work suitable, so fairly chill and/or boppy please.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think Spain was mentioned once while I was in school. We learnt about Korea and Japan because of the World Cup in Geography.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Currently have Radiohead KoL In the Basement, great session. Nothing will top the Fiest live show I watched last week.

That session makes me very happy.

I'm listening to lots of Prince and Michael Jackson at the moment. Gonna party like it's 1989!

NinjaBoiX

Ah, I'll hold off on Killzone, I want to buy it super cheap.

And I'm after this grip:

PSvitagrip0.jpg

So hard to find :(

I've got one of these, and it makes the 1000-model much more comfortable to play for long periods of time.

That said, the extra battery in the grip seems to have gone kaput over the weekend (I'm hoping it's just the indicator light that's broken), so I'm not sure I can really recommend it...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You should be listing to Ultimate Prince and dancing to Controversy. That is what you should be doing.

I can't do Prince. I don't know why, it just never clicked. Might well be my weird "if too many people like it, it must be shit" rule. He released a cd through the Daily Mail ferchrissakes, I can't support that and still have a punk ethic. I'd have to give my safety pins back.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I can't do Prince. I don't know why, it just never clicked. Might well be my weird "if too many people like it, it must be shit" rule. He released a cd through the Daily Mail ferchrissakes, I can't support that and still have a punk ethic. I'd have to give my safety pins back.

That's New Prince, the religious homophobe.we don't like him and he makes us sad.

Old Prince (up to say the early 90s) was like the Lady Gaga of his day, I suppose , crossed with James Brown. Flamboyant, openly pansexual nd genderbendy and all about the carnival . His records do sound about as 80s as you can get though, so you do need to get used to the casio keyboards.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I went to a pretty noisy pub once with the wife. As we entered, we saw these three huge guys who started laughing in our general direction (not unusual). As we passed, I thought I heard one of them call my wife a bitch. Now, I'm not one for physical confrontations, especially when there are three guys and they all have about a foot of height on me, but I'm also not one to have my wife insulted. I went up to these three guys as alpha as humanly possible and asked them what they said. Turns out they were talking to me. They said I looked like "Prince", which at the time I kinda did (if you squinted and didn't mind the lack of crushed velvet and velour wardrobe).

Never been able to listen to him since.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Check out the new Wolf Alice EP then put on All Saints' Greatest Hits. That's what I've done so far today

Oh yes good thinking, I meant to buy the EP yesterday but got distracted. Have also listened to the new Alpha Male Tea Party record which is immense and beautiful.

Currently listening to this TuneYards live thing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8FML8QhcZo

That's New Prince, the religious homophobe.we don't like him and he makes us sad.

Old Prince (up to say the early 90s) was like the Lady Gaga of his day, I suppose , crossed with James Brown. Flamboyant, openly pansexual nd genderbendy and all about the carnival . His records do sound about as 80s as you can get though, so you do need to get used to the casio keyboards.

Yeah but I think Lady Gaga is shit too :p nah, his old stuff was alright as singles go I guess.

I'm such a judgey git sometimes!

8bit

Knows the Score
1 hr 45 minutes of James Brown : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjsHSG_FdkY

Al Green Greatest Hits : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiSaF_oqP4

Buena Vista Social Club : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaerapRPS64

Thievery Corporation - The Richest Man In Babylon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN9tulBHr8Y

Bonobo - The North Borders : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eqQ6eSoCIU

The Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw5AiRVqfqk

Boards of Canada - Geogaddi : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PATygq52TI

NinjaBoiX

Full albums you illiterate bastid! Can't be effin about changing tracks manual like.

Good call on the tune yards though, thassa choon.
OIC.

Here then, take these with my sincere apologies:

Chilled:

The Roots - Organix

Bouncy:

Manu Chao - Clandestino
Currently listening to this TuneYards live thing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8FML8QhcZo
Good man, I'm going to see them with Michelle at Gorilla at the end of June.

The singer, she be cray, love it.

Mikeside

I can't get into Prince.

How's the new Wolf Alice? I haven't heard it yet.

2 ballsy alt rock tracks followed by two soppy ones, all four are great again, but the first two are the real gems.

I really want them to record You're A Germ and Your Love's Whore for the next one

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Prince?! I'll just stick to my Thriller and BAD audio cassettes thankyouverymuch

My friend had Dangerous on CD! You didn't even have to fast forward to get to Black or White!

I went to a pretty noisy pub once with the wife. As we entered, we saw these three huge guys who started laughing in our general direction (not unusual). As we passed, I thought I heard one of them call my wife a bitch. Now, I'm not one for physical confrontations, especially when there are three guys and they all have about a foot of height on me, but I'm also not one to have my wife insulted. I went up to these three guys as alpha as humanly possible and asked them what they said. Turns out they were talking to me. They said I looked like "Prince", which at the time I kinda did (if you squinted and didn't mind the lack of crushed velvet and velour wardrobe).

Never been able to listen to him since.

That's legit but also a sort of compliment as Prince was reasonably sexy back in the day. Did you ever see the Dave Chappelle Prince plays basketball sketch?

Yeah but I think Lady Gaga is shit too :p nah, his old stuff was alright as singles go I guess.

I'm such a judgey git sometimes!

You? Never!!

----

ps posting here because I know(ish) you folks more than I do the OTers but public announcement-

If anyone is up for joining our Smite club that'd be ace. We even do voice chat. There are no limits to our powers. Mr Reknoc has joined us in the past and may do yet again but basically it's way more fun playing with people you know. If you don't know what it is - it's essentially a MOBA but with a 3rd person over the shoulder camera view, a surprisingly nice community and lots of play modes other than the traditional map - we usually play Arena which is a frantic race to get your minions to the enemy base and is great fun.

Ok. Barracking is over but hey this is a gaming forum, no? You can run it on pretty much any PC btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom