• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm quite liking it actually. I've laughed out loud (in a nice way) a few times at the cheesy voice acting and the way characters finish conversations and then bloody sprint away from each other. I like the characters too. Maybe my JRPG problem was more limited to Persona 4 Golden.

Yup, that's a product of it being such an old game (it came out in 2001). It was their first attempt at a proper 3D Final Fantasy and voice-acting.

Reknoc

I thought Borderlands 2 looked gash from the second I first saw it, which was apparently after they improved it. The idea of a Vita Borderlands is no entirely unappealing though, well no more than any more borderlands is, think I'd rather they make one from the ground up for the Vita though, instead of shoddily porting stuff to it.

Oh well, at least Tecmo-Koei keep my vita alive.

How are you getting on with it?

The beginning is deliberately slow and it takes a while to teach you all about the combat system, but eventually you are given fairly free reign and the game opens up a lot.

This is some FFXIII-ass defense. "opens up a lot" = after hours of going down a road you finally come to a barren wasteland.

theaface

How's everyone doing? Almost caught up on my sleep after a week long trip to Vegas. What a place! Probably the first holiday I've been on where I could easily see myself going back there in a couple of years. Crammed a lot in, including:

Helicopter ride over (and in) the Grand Canyon
Seeing (and meeting) Penn & Teller at the Rio
Visiting a ranch and horseback riding in the wilderness
Seeing Le Reve - The Dream at the Wynn
Seeing Blue Man Group at the Monte Carlo
Eating like kings
Shopping
Sunbathing

So much more still to do, but that'll have to wait til next time.

How's everyone doing? Almost caught up on my sleep after a week long trip to Vegas. What a place! Probably the first holiday I've been on where I could easily see myself going back there in a couple of years. Crammed a lot in, including:

Eating like kings
Shopping
Sunbathing

Cliche I know, but I want to do Vegas/West Cost road trip with some good friends for my stag do one day. Would you say the helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon is worth it then, as opposed to just walking around on foot?

Well erm, I just bought a Nerf Gun. Because reasons.

NinjaBoiX

Eating like kings
Shopping
Sunbathing

Sounds like you had an awesome time man!

I need to go some day.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
[thread=827716]If people are willing to pull their socks up we could enter BritGAF RPG into this. Or just make an individual short game for practise.[/thread]

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
[thread=827716]If people are willing to pull their socks up we could enter BritGAF RPG into this. Or just make an individual short game for practise.[/thread]
Man that would be awesome. You also just taught me that you can link within GAF without pasting the URL just by referencing the thread number and using a thread tag. Very cool. I would be willing to help with this project but we'd need to set up times to talk on IRC and delegate jobs to each person to work on a piece of the project since I'm in a different timezone and you guys are sleeping when I would be most active.

theaface

Would you say the helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon is worth it then, as opposed to just walking around on foot?

I would. It was my first time in a chopper, and it was just brilliant. Our pilot was an ex motorcycle cop, SWAT, sniper and uncover agent. Basically Captain Badass. He was playing the Mission Impossible theme as we ascended over the strip, which put grins on all our faces.

We also got to set down in the canyon and have a little picnic which was both pleasant and a welcome relief for my fiancée who had become decidedly motion sick by that point. Didn't have any troubles, myself.

We flew over the skywalk and it looked pretty underwhelming, to be honest.

Mr. Sam

Weekend sorted:

fzl9AG5.jpg

Mikeside

I'm loving Mario Kart 8. I claimed WW as my free game and am regretting it a little bit. Wish I'd gone for Pikmin.

Still need to pick up Mario 3D and DK, but I'll wait until they're dirt cheap as I'm on a mission to not spend money on vidyagames this year.

Chinner

Banned
i would have probably waited until after E3 if i was going to make a risky purchase such as buying a wii u. hope you don't get a floater bro

Reknoc

Still need to claim my free wii u game, but I already have the good ones and the rest are just minigame collections, and Sonic.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CeX opened up in my town, yesterday. Oh man, it's gonna be glorious to see if I can get a cheap WiiU or 3DS.

Enjoy the smell of sweat in the store and fags when you open the box of anything you buy.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Enjoy the smell of sweat in the store and fags when you open the box of anything you buy.
I'll be all like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man when he opens the sewer cover when I get something.

"Oooh, l love that smell. Reminds me of biscuits and gravy."

Unfortunatly, it's what the Americans consider a "biscuit".

Man that would be awesome. You also just taught me that you can link within GAF without pasting the URL just by referencing the thread number and using a thread tag. Very cool. I would be willing to help with this project but we'd need to set up times to talk on IRC and delegate jobs to each person to work on a piece of the project since I'm in a different timezone and you guys are sleeping when I would be most active.
different timezone!? u even a britgaf mate?

seriously though, i can compose some music for our brpg if needed.

theaface

If any fellow lego-loving Britgaffers are feeling generous, my missus's custom mixel model could do with your support in the competition thread here! Hers is the cute yellow 'Shnuffalo'.

Mikeside

I've got an idea for a game that should be fairly manageable to make in RPG maker. Don't want to give too much away, but is there anyone who would be potentially able to create some contemporary-setting pixel art in the nearish future?

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm thinking Pikmin 3. Most people - on GAF - who I've said that to have been supportive so I assume that's the right decision. It's amazing, they tell me.

Yeah, Pikmin 3 is great. My second favourite Wii U game after Lego City.

I would suggest getting a Controller Pro though.

--

edit!

I think I've come down on the side of Watchunderscoredogs being a bad game, it's got loads of content and is compelling enough to explore (I was playing Chess against someone in game and I managed to steal the only decent song I've found in game (Tortoise - High Class Slim Came Floatin' In) from a passer by) but overall it's kind of shoddy.

What else?

Mario Kart is nice, looks fabulous. Picked Game & Wario as the freebie but it's an horrible insult to the Wario Ware games.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I'm in! I want to write stuff!

----

BEE-BEEP BEE-BEEP GAMING NEWS BEE-BEEP BEE-BEEP

Borderlands 2 - I am jealous of you Dave. I canny do it. I hereby curse Iron Galaxy to prick their fingers on a spinning wheel on their sixteen birthday and fall asleep until true love's kiss (a patch!?).

Child of Light - getting near the end now I think. Probably going to be able to get 100% of trophies. It's a fairly good game all told but my initial flush of love has worn off. I would give it a solid 7 out of 10.

Trials is really good in short bursts. I can almost bunny hop now!

Hardstone (as it is called around here) is like a life parasite. Hope everyone got the new card back, it's purdy and it shines!

Wolfenstein is great. Graphics are a bit shonky but the art design is amazing. Actually good characters and everything.

BOOP-BOOP BE-BOOP FILM NEWS BOOP-BOOP BE-BOOP DING

Edge of Tomorrow is OK and made me want to play Titanfall.

Maleficent is good and I want to be Angelina Jolie.

**ENDS**

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
^ Borderlands 2 patch is coming soon.

I hope it fixes it. It's really frustrating - usually FPS games are rubbish via Remote Play but Wolfenstein via RP runs about 5x better than BL2. Anyway, grumble grumble.

---

Slightly OT but I'm listing a wad of stuff on eBay this afternoon - anyone interested in an OLED Vita, some Vita games (including DJ Max Technika Tune which I imported via Play Asia and then realised I don't like K-Pop) or a big hardback collect-y edition of Miyazaki's Nausicaa?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I hope it fixes it. It's really frustrating - usually FPS games are rubbish via Remote Play but Wolfenstein via RP runs about 5x better than BL2. Anyway, grumble grumble.

---

Slightly OT but I'm listing a wad of stuff on eBay this afternoon - anyone interested in an OLED Vita, some Vita games (including DJ Max Technika Tune which I imported via Play Asia and then realised I don't like K-Pop) or a big hardback collect-y edition of Miyazaki's Nausicaa?

Mostly idle curiosity, but how much for the Vita?

Vashetti

Banned

---

List the Vita games for sale :)

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Yeah, Pikmin 3 is great. My second favourite Wii U game after Lego City.

I would suggest getting a Controller Pro though.

Only play Pikmin 3 if you have a wiimote and nunchuck. It is a fantastic game, but without the pointer controls it isn't worth bothering.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Mostly idle curiosity, but how much for the Vita?

Dunno yet, am just about to list it on eBay. It's boxed, very well looked after and lots of additional paraphernalia - grip, stand, case, 4GB mem card, screen protector and the stand which charges it and a DS4. One sec - will check how much they go for on ebay. Prob not worth it for ye to be honest. I'm gonna start the listing at £50 with an aim to get close to £100 if lucky. You can get one without all the guff for cheaper, prob. But make an offer if you wanna.

List the Vita games for sale :)

DJ Max Technika Tune
Muramasa Rebirth
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Dynasty Warriors Next
Killzone Mercenary

I went a bit mad buying Vita games at one point because I found the boxes really cute. I don't know why I even bought some of them to be honest.

8bit

Knows the Score
Only play Pikmin 3 if you have a wiimote and nunchuck. It is a fantastic game, but without the pointer controls it isn't worth bothering.

I disagree, I couldn't get used to the pointer controls. The Controller Pro made it more like the Gamecube controls.

Vashetti

Banned
DJ Max Technika Tune
Muramasa Rebirth
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Dynasty Warriors Next
Killzone Mercenary

I went a bit mad buying Vita games at one point because I found the boxes really cute. I don't know why I even bought some of them to be honest.

How much for Killzone?

Oh and what kind of grip do you have?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
How much for Killzone?

Oh and what kind of grip do you have?

Umm. I don't know, just one from GAME. I've listed it as part of the Vita so it's probably not for sale. You could probably find a better one tbh.

Say £12 for Killzone - that looks about right judging off eBay. You might wanna check PS store first though in case download is cheaper.

Vashetti

Banned
Umm. I don't know, just one from GAME. I've listed it as part of the Vita so it's probably not for sale. You could probably find a better one tbh.

Say £12 for Killzone - that looks about right judging off eBay. You might wanna check PS store first though in case download is cheaper.

Ah, I'll hold off on Killzone, I want to buy it super cheap.

And I'm after this grip:

PSvitagrip0.jpg

So hard to find :(

theaface

Ah, I'll hold off on Killzone, I want to buy it super cheap.

And I'm after this grip:

PSvitagrip0.jpg

So hard to find :(

Have you considered one like this? I have one almost identical (albeit all in black) which I also bought from Amazon and I've been really pleased with it.

In other news...

If any fellow lego-loving Britgaffers are feeling generous, my missus's custom mixel model could do with your support in the competition thread here! Hers is the cute yellow 'Shnuffalo'.

The vote is absolutely neck and neck on the final day of voting, so I'd really appreciate it if any other BritGaffers could give my other half's model a little push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom