• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Damn house here nearly caught fire when the candle holder decided to spontaneously combust. Thankfully, I was there to the rescue, because my father and sister just left the house, so yeah, I was lucky.

NinjaBoiX

1qcRtHU

BwcTkEgCYAA-NYJ.jpg

QF1Havw.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
So I had to pick someone up from the airport late last night and I didn't get home until 2.30am. Decided to watch the first epsiode of Bojack Horseman when I got back hoping - at worst - that it would put me to sleep.

Jesus Christ, it was so painfully awful that I actually stayed awake throughout the entire dragging episode to see how much worse it can get.

jimbor

Banned
So I had to pick someone up from the airport late last night and I didn't get home until 2.30am. Decided to watch the first epsiode of Bojack Horseman when I got back hoping - at worst - that it would put me to sleep.

Jesus Christ, it was so painfully awful that I actually stayed awake throughout the entire dragging episode to see how much worse it can get.

It's so bad that if you told me Afoni had written it, I'd have believed you.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's so bad that if you told me Afoni had written it, I'd have believed you.

He's not able to post, is he?

So Hahahahahahaha last of us best game ever Nintendo for children and adults who were held back a year as a children dark souls is overrated ohohohoh

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just got to speak to Aurore at the International Baccalaureate again, she has the sexist accent in the world "ello sir, my name is Aurore, ow can I elp you today?"

MELT

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I did a site search to see if anyone was talking about Royal Blood, I'm probably (like fucking definitely) going to the Newcastle gig.

French accents can indeed be sexy. Don't know why Ubisoft has decided to give everyone British accents in their Assassin's Creed French Revolution game but oh well: I was never going to play that merde chaude anyway.

Had a weird evening last night. Got in from work and pretty much immediately fell asleep. I stirred at 11PM and knew I'd dun goofed because I was wide awake and wasn't going to feel tired any time soon. Was starving so I had that tuna pasta bake and watched a stream of Expendables 3. The script is terrible, the action was not bad. I hated pretty much all of the young faces they'd brought in (most of them come from MMA) and wanted the baddie Mel Gibson to win.

After that was over I thought about booting up my PS4 and then realised I had nothing I wanted to play so I went on to the PSN store, debated getting Diablo 3 and decided instead to get Pure Pool, a game where you play pool.

This game get's the dapperbandit Seal of Quality and I can certify that it is chilled as fuck. I have never seen a game with shinier balls. The game is very visually attractive, things like the texture of the baize are stunningly detailed. You wouldn't necessarly think playing virtual Pool could be addictive but I was there for a good couple of hours. Gameplay is very simple, you aim at the cueball with the left stick and pull the right stick back and release it forward to hit with the desired amount of force. An on screen visual aid gives you an idea where the ball you are trying to pot and the cue ball will go after you've taken your shot. I've only played a little bit, hopefully there is a Hardcore/Extreme mode that turns the visual aids off so you have to trust your instincts like a human does. Such a mode would also make online multiplayer (something I haven't played yet) more challenging and authentic. There might be other locations but so far all the action takes place in this one bar. A depth of field effect makes the background a little blurry but you can see people hovering at the bar and enjoying themselves. Part of the chill factor comes from the game's music which is subtle and classy. If it was a real bar it probably would have been ruined if someone went to the jukebox and selected
_insert your favourite band here_

Eventually I decided to stop so i could savour this game's greatness another time that wasn't four o'clock in the morning. I went back to bed and got up three hours later and now I'm at work.

This game though, it's better than Fez. It's better than The Last of Us. It's probably better even than Persona 4 Golden, although Pure Pool hasn't made me cry or ejaculate yet.

I only have one criticism. The SFX for striking and potting balls is a little muted. They should have gone for stock snooker audio to get that rich CLICK of a ball being struck and hearty CERTHUNKbrrrrrrPUK of a ball being potted. Only a 9.2/10 then.

EDIT

I realise I haven't provided any footage.

Feast your eyes on these balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwiOinzw-k

jimbor

Banned
There is a French girl on the reception desk at work, she's not all that attractive, but her voice man...

BrDzZNF.jpg

I'm enjoying the Frenchies at the moment. I hate smoking but good damn if these sexy French chicks don't make it look cool. I've also come to the realisation whilst on my hols that I have a French girls nose. I think I'm okay with this.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm enjoying the Frenchies at the moment. I hate smoking but good damn if these sexy French chicks don't make it look cool. I've also come to the realisation whilst on my hols that I have a French girls nose. I think I'm okay with this.

French girls voices are second only to Spanish girls on scooters as the hottest thing ever.

NinjaBoiX

French is basically the sexiest language in the world, their accent pipes my frosting. I'm also partial to a bit of Italian and Spanish.

A gentle Scottish lilt has recently becoming rather appealing to me as well.
I did a site search to see if anyone was talking about Royal Blood, I'm probably (like fucking definitely) going to the Newcastle gig.
I'd be up for Newcastle, that could suit me really well actually. I only said The Ritz as it's on my doorstep, but depending on who else fancies it I'd be willing to travel.

Tickets go on sale on Friday and I reckon they'll disappear inside an hour so we best be quick, but I'm sure we'll...

...figure it out

:p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah, quite a few of us

Michael Ironside!

Why do you ignore me so?

1. Did you listen to March To The Sea yet? Baroness <3

2. If you are now diablo 3 person on ps4 feel free to join me and J9 if you want to. You don't have to because you are puny level 4 but we can protect you.

Skele7on

Banned
French is basically the sexiest language in the world, their accent pipes my frosting. I'm also partial to a bit of Italian and Spanish.

I'd be up for Newcastle, that could suit me really well actually. I only said The Ritz as it's on my doorstep, but depending on who else fancies it I'd be willing to travel.

Tickets go on sale on Friday and I reckon they'll disappear inside an hour so we best be quick, but I'm sure we'll...

...figure it out

I went and saw Royal Blood at my local bar last week, it was crazy....

figure it out live from new slang

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I expect Nintendo's showing will be identical to Hyper Japan thus

Smash Bros
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Captain Toad's Treasure Trackers
Tomodachi Life
Art Academy Pokémon Edition

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hmm, a few games there I'd like to have go at, Mortal Kombat X primarily.

Me too. Ready to queue for Bloodborne and The Order but I imagine the indie games will be more my thing. I'd like to see Mike Bithell's latest and also meet the Futurlab people seeing as I have a bit of a fancrush on their games.

ps I saw a stream of the pool game. It did look good.

Oh and BGBW, E and I have decided to get a Wii U to replace our Wii. We're just waiting for a price drop. Captain Toad was the tipping point. Love that little fella.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
London meet is that actually within EGX? or just in London? I might be up for that!

I think there's a thread Musha posted with all of the details.

I'm permanently social so happy to say hello to anyone and everyone!

Don't I recognise you from DestinyGAF?

Skele7on

Banned
I think there's a thread Musha posted with all of the details.

I'm permanently social so happy to say hello to anyone and everyone!

Don't I recognise you from DestinyGAF?

Oh cool will have to look it up and see the details!

Yeah same, would be nice to put faces to names ect.

Yeah I am very much a DestinyGAF Admin :)

Mikeside

Michael Ironside!

Why do you ignore me so?

1. Did you listen to March To The Sea yet? Baroness <3

2. If you are now diablo 3 person on ps4 feel free to join me and J9 if you want to. You don't have to because you are puny level 4 but we can protect you.

Sorry milady.
Haven't listened yet, but I'll put it on right now!
I'm well up for some diablo-ing. Maybe tonight?

What days is everyone going?

I'm going on the Friday with a group of friends.

I'll be going on Thursday.
Also Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Also to the GAF meet on the Saturday.

Son Of D

I'll be at EGX on Saturday. If Bayonetta 2 is playable you're likely to see me there.

I'll be coming along to the post EGX meet as well. In all my quiet glory before getting incredibly drunk and talking bullshit.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

...figure it out

I'll be buying 2 tickets whatever happens, as long as I can. Although I have a regular scheduled meeting on Friday morning I may actually try to get it moved so I can get the tickets.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry milady.
Haven't listened yet, but I'll put it on right now!
I'm well up for some diablo-ing. Maybe tonight?

I'll be going on Thursday.
Also Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Also to the GAF meet on the Saturday.

Sort it aaaaaaaat!

Why not! I'll check with E to see what we're doing tonight. I think J9 is raiding but yup if you see me online just message me. :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Sweet. Imma check these out later. In return:

Duos That Make Impressive Rackets #56: Ruins

Duos That Make Impressive Rackets #109: Shitwife

Duos That Make Impressive Rackets #223: Jucifer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom