• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I went and saw Royal Blood at my local bar last week, it was crazy....

figure it out live from new slang
Mint, they're well good live.
Royal Blood are pretty sexy. Only heard "Come On Over", mind.

Duos That Make Impressive Rackets #463: Lightning Bolt.
Frantic! Really good fun.
Sweet. Imma check these out later. In return:

Duos That Make Impressive Rackets #56: Ruins

Duos That Make Impressive Rackets #109: Shitwife

Duos That Make Impressive Rackets #223: Jucifer
Not a fan of Ruins really, a bit too nuts for me, I found the vocals kind of obnoxious. I loved the Sex and the City visuals though, lol.

Shitwife are cool, loved the drumming and they have an infectious energy about them.

I LOVED Jucifer though! I bet you knew I'd say that, haha. Great rhythm, super scuzzy guitars and sassy female vocals. So up my street.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Frantic! Really good fun.

If you ever get the opportunity, go see them live. It's mental. They insist on playing in the crowd rather than on stage, and usually some one ends up dragging the drum carpet around (with the drums and the amp on) while they carry on playing.

Not a fan of Ruins really, a bit too nuts for me, I found the vocals kind of obnoxious. I loved the Sex and the City visuals though, lol.

Worth another shot. It makes Sex and the City somewhat bearable.

Shitwife are cool, loved the drumming and they have an infectious energy about them.

They're amazing, like a live Aphex Twin. I'm playing with them on the 19th. Hopefully, beforehand cos they'd be a bitch to follow.

I LOVED Jucifer though! I bet you knew I'd say that, haha. Great rhythm, super scuzzy guitars and sassy female vocals. So up my street.

smug.gif

White Stripes are a given. Jack White has a great ear for tunes and dirty sounds. Love his Bobcat Goldthwaite voice too.

Black Keys have never clicked with me. Not sure why though.

I thought that Deap Valley riff was White Stripes! Is it on an advert or something? Really like that sloppy, beastly blues sound.

I recognised the vocal line in that Sleigh Bells song, although I'm not sure from where. At first it was okay, I really liked the dirt on the production. Then that ending kicked in and it was so damn noisy, I loved it!

I've tried The Kills before but it didn't float my nuts, but that Fried My Little Brains is pretty tasty. Gonna have to delve more thoroughly.

Thanks for the choons, Ninj!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OK the mrs is out, time to check out these music links. Hmmm Ruins? -CLICK-

WTF

WTF

I don't know if I like this but I keep listening to it. WHAT IS IT?! I think my definition of "heavy" just shifted by 17 degrees

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, that Deap Vally tune was used on a BBC ad, so was the Sleigh Bells tune actually!

The Kills were class, then a bit shit, then class again. Basically, check out Keep On Your Mean Side and Midnight Boom and you won't go for wrong.

Imma link this mothafuckin' repost yet again because it's legit one of my favourite tunes of all time. It's like a shot of musical adrenaline:

The Kills - M.E.X.I.C.O

It's not even 2 minutes long but it manages to cram in abrasive punk and bubblegum pop in that time and the last 20 seconds is utterly amaze. Plus, I love the lyrics, particularly this part:

"If I go missing don't you worry for me,
I'm just writing my side of the story,
Just like Jackie I've been biting my lip,
I been scoring my mind with whatever I can find,"

Buzz buzz, I don't think I'll ever tire of it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Holy shit have you heard this Meat - http://youtu.be/vnPMFhz-RhU

Ruins on VHS in a tiny club in 1993 playing a 9 minute song. My mind totally blew at around

{{argh argh fuck a giant fucking spider just climbed up the wall in front of me as I was typing, holy shit that was massive. hoovered the bastard}}

around 6 minutes. It's amazing.

Damn that spider shit me up.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
OK the mrs is out, time to check out these music links. Hmmm Ruins? -CLICK-

WTF

WTF

I don't know if I like this but I keep listening to it. WHAT IS IT?! I think my definition of "heavy" just shifted by 17 degrees

yesYEEEES!

Ruins, baby. Mental Japanese Bass/Drums duo. They've been around for decades, so there is plenty of shit about.

Yeah, that Deap Vally tune was used on a BBC ad, so was the Sleigh Bells tune actually!

The Kills were class, then a bit shit, then class again. Basically, check out Keep On Your Mean Side and Midnight Boom and you won't go for wrong.

Imma link this mothafuckin' repost yet again because it's legit one of my favourite tunes of all time. It's like a shot of musical adrenaline:

The Kills - M.E.X.I.C.O

It's not even 2 minutes long but it manages to cram in abrasive punk and bubblegum pop in that time and the last 20 seconds is utterly amaze. Plus, I love the lyrics, particularly this part:

"If I go missing don't you worry for me,
I'm just writing my side of the story,
Just like Jackie I've been biting my lip,
I been scoring my mind with whatever I can find,"

Buzz buzz, I don't think I'll ever tire of it.

Now. Now now. Now now now. That is deeee-irty as all fuck. SOLD.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OMG Shitwife are amazing too. Have they really got no recordings yet?? This is the greatest thing until the next awesome thing I hear. Love it.

OK this last link is gonna have to be good to top this other shit.

fakedit: it was pretty good but I'm going back for more shitwife live vids. Wow

Rich!

what the fuck is on with the weather recently? raining like a bitch this morning and then suddenly scorching hot for the rest of the day!

anyhow, my parents are selling their house (which I currently live in too). £450k is the target price recommended by the estate agents. Using that they are going to buy a 3 bedroom house for around £280-300k and rent it out. Using the income from that, they will be able to pay the rent on this farmhouse in the countryside they have put a deposit down on, and live very comfortably with their current working income and actually have much more to spend on a monthly basis. A good amount will be reserved for renovating the place and for future plans.

that leaves £100k...which will be used to buy a flat for me (will eventually pay rent when I get my work situation sorted, but to begin with I'll live there free and just pay the bills). We're starting looking this week at potential areas (we want a brand new place as theres some kind of 10 year warranty/cover my parents can get?), and hopefully I'll be viewing places soon enough

gonna be good

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Shitwife are amazing too. Have they really got no recordings yet?? This is the greatest thing until the next awesome thing I hear. Love it.

OK this last link is gonna have to be good to top this other shit.

fakedit: it was pretty good but I'm going back for more shitwife live vids. Wow

As far as I'm aware they've only got a few cassettes in circulation. They deserve far more recognition than they get. They are so fucking good and so damn loud. The drummer is unbelievable. They're playing Camden on 19th September, I believe.

Edit: meat have you heard Ladyscraper?

I have not, but I will check it out when I get a sec. Thanks!

NinjaBoiX

Bus seat etiquette:

Do you think it's rude to switch seats on a busy bus when an empty double becomes available? Or do you feel that crowding someone when there is space elsewhere is rude?

Some dude just got up and shifted to empty double, then like 10 seconds later more people got on and he had someone next to him anyway.

Personally I think it's rude to move, as if they can't wait to get away from you.

Discuss.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Bus seat etiquette:

Do you think it's rude to switch seats on a busy bus when an empty double becomes available? Or do you feel that crowding someone when there is space elsewhere is rude?

Some dude just got up and shifted to empty double, then like 10 seconds later more people got on and he had someone next to him anyway.

Personally I think it's rude to move, as if they can't wait to get away from you.

Discuss.

I move. I like having the space.

Mikeside

I don't really care whether a stranger wants to sit next to me on the bus or not, tbh.

I wouldn't move because I thnik it's better if two people who actually know each other get a whole free seat.

Reknoc

I move, I tend to get off near the bus's terminus anyway so it's better if I'm on the inside and I really don't like having to get up for someone in a crowded bus. Also I sometimes really really wish people would do the same, especially if it seems like they poured deodorant into a bath tub and bathed in before going out, or didn't put any on.

NinjaBoiX

Side question:

What about someone who sits next to you even though the bus is almost empty? I've got to be honest, I always find that kind of strange.
I don't really care whether a stranger wants to sit next to me on the bus or not, tbh.

I wouldn't move because I thnik it's better if two people who actually know each other get a whole free seat.
Good man Mike. The rest of you are socially awkward weirdos. :p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Side question:

What about someone who sits next to you even though the bus is almost empty? I've got to be honest, I always find that kind of strange.

Good man Mike. The rest of you are socially awkward weirdos. :p

Yes. Creepy. Do not like.

You already know I'm a socially awkward weirdo. I play videogames!

Oh edit tron:

I've started playing guitar again. Meat and Jed I don't know how it would happen but it would be super cool if somehow we could bring the music together.

SKINNER!

Banned
I tend to stay unless the person sitting next to me stinks of shit/BO/piss.

Again, it doesn't really bother me unless they stink of shit/BO/piss and/or they put their hand on my knee.

I've started playing guitar again. Meat and Jed I don't know how it would happen but it would be super cool if somehow we could bring the music together.

I was thinking about this yesterday (had some free time and practised my bass last night) but decided that it wouldn't sound great if we all didn't have the same recording equipment...assuming we were going to individually record our pieces and put it all together using computer magic.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
As far as I'm aware they've only got a few cassettes in circulation. They deserve far more recognition than they get. They are so fucking good and so damn loud. The drummer is unbelievable. They're playing Camden on 19th September, I believe.

I have not, but I will check it out when I get a sec. Thanks!

It's actually the 6th which I would go to were I not on tour the following day :(

//

Anyway, JLaw isn't the only one who can get hacked, some jackanape hacked the Parachute For Gordo vault and stole selfies and the heaviest song we've ever written and leaked the fucker: http://youtu.be/eENLMGCZInQ

ruh-roh

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Bus seat etiquette:

Discuss.

Move every time. I was on a bus once, started busy and then emptied out. But the person stayed sitting next to me, it was so annoying I just wanted to tell them to fuck off. I'm a big dude, I have wide shoulders, it's uncomfortable trying to stay small so you're not elbowing the person next to you. Personal spaaaaaace motherfucker.

Yes. Creepy. Do not like.

You already know I'm a socially awkward weirdo. I play videogames!

Oh edit tron:

I tend to stay unless the person sitting next to me stinks of shit/BO/piss.

I was thinking about this yesterday (had some free time and practised my bass last night) but decided that it wouldn't sound great if we all didn't have the same recording equipment...assuming we were going to individually record our pieced and put it all together using computer magic.

I would be down for doing something. We could always follow my credo that if we can't make something beautiful due to skill/tech we can certainly make something gleefully ugly.

SKINNER!

Banned
Parasite Guido.

lolol

I would be down for doing something. We could always follow my credo that if we can't make something beautiful due to skill/tech we can certainly make something gleefully ugly.

Cool! I'm in either way. Let's get a huge collab going and get a "Do They Know It's Christmas" thing going...except a lot better and with not everyone on vocals.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Move every time. I was on a bus once, started busy and then emptied out. But the person stayed sitting next to me, it was so annoying I just wanted to tell them to fuck off. I'm a big dude, I have wide shoulders, it's uncomfortable trying to stay small so you're not elbowing the person next to you. Personal spaaaaaace motherfucker.

I'm up for this. My playing is really ugly anyway. Stupid guitar I'm gonna beat you up, etc.

Bus seat etiquette:

Discuss.

I don't bother moving, but I wouldn't be offended if the person next to me did. But I don't get buses that often so this doesn't affect me that much.

I've always said we should start a BritGaf band

I was thinking about this yesterday (had some free time and practised my bass last night) but decided that it wouldn't sound great if we all didn't have the same recording equipment...assuming we were going to individually record our pieces and put it all together using computer magic.

We should still try it out, having different recording equipment might give it a really cool and unique edge!

Bagsy being lead vocalist :D

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Parasite Guido.

lolol

Cool! I'm in either way. Let's get a huge collab going and get a "Do They Know It's Christmas" thing going...except a lot better and with not everyone on vocals.

Actually, getting a cover of Do they know it's Christmas read for december might well be do-able! Who wants to be band leader, in charge of kicking arses?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's actually the 6th which I would go to were I not on tour the following day :(

//

Anyway, JLaw isn't the only one who can get hacked, some jackanape hacked the Parachute For Gordo vault and stole selfies and the heaviest song we've ever written and leaked the fucker: http://youtu.be/eENLMGCZInQ

ruh-roh

Ah, right. I thought they were playing the Unicorn...?

Shit dude! Is it morally wrong if I listen to that later?:

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh edit tron:

Bagsy being lead vocalist :D

Yesyesyesyesyesyes

I'm up for this. My playing is really ugly anyway. Stupid guitar I'm gonna beat you up, etc.

That's... that's MY technique!

Right, if we're gonna do this we need to be organised. We want it done by beginning if December so -

By End of September have agreed who will be taking part, who will be doing what

By end of October have arrangement agreed and have rehearsed separately and together (over Skype?)

By end of November have it recorded

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Right, if we're gonna do this we need to be organised. We want it done by beginning if December so -

By End of September have agreed who will be taking part, who will be doing what

By end of October have arrangement agreed and have rehearsed separately and together (over Skype?)

By end of November have it recorded

Sounds like a good idea, def think that skype convos would be a good idea so we can break it all down. Quite an exciting little plan :D

Skele7on

Banned
yawwwwwwn!

Morning, super tired today, did my NFL Fantasy draft last night....

I got a great team though!

How are we all today?

I am excited, two more work days then I'm off for the week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom