• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the first film was shit so im not sure what that gives me as far as the second film is concerned

The first film had issues because it spent so much time trying to set up the story that 40 minutes in everyone was still in the Shire. It also paid fan service to a lot of scenes from the book that were arguably more childish than LotR like the whole bit with the trolls. Then, in preperation for the expanded plot, had some whole diversion in Dol Guldur which confused the plot. Then there was the poor creative decision of creating a CGI Orc antagonist without a Cockney accent, despite everyone being impressed with the makeup work WETA did with the Orcs in the original triology.

The second film is better because it doesn't have to take ages expaining the plot to you, and has much less of the kiddy stuff.

EDIT

I like how the previous page came full circle on Hobbits.

afoni

Banned
my issue is the fact that two films became three when most of the first film was just pointless filler

it's just the most fucking inane creative decision ever

all for the cashmoney

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
my issue is the fact that two films became three when most of the first film was just pointless filler

it's just the most fucking inane creative decision ever

all for the cashmoney

If I was single, you were real and a woman or similar and I was able to get over your discriminatory comments on hobbit feet, I would totally propose to you right now.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Oh yeah and Jackben there were minorities in the Hobbit, there's a token black girl in the crowd in Laketown when Thorin convinces the Mayor to grant them passage to the Loney Mountain. The camera actually focuses on her 2-3 times as if to say "See! Tolkien's universe is a diverse and tolerant place after all!"
Hahaha.

I'd need to rewatch the first film to weigh both but I'm going to say the second was better just because what they got right was really awesome. Despite a lot of GAF I really enjoyed the barrel scene, I liked everything with Smaug and the bad melted gold CGI didn't bother me much. I look forward to the final film, hopefully it is the highest in quality as they have the best material left to cover in the book so no excuse to pad it out with filler.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This can't be ignored any longer.

What in the name of fudge is that thing in your avatar? It looks like a leeches mouth or something.

Lamprey Eel. One of God's little fuck you's to humanity (Goblin Sharks being another).

Suits my name I feel. I've used it on pretty much every other message board I've been on. In fact, I had one as my Avatar when I first joined but someone moaned about it. To be fair, that one looked more like a cock with teeth.

it's a lamprey

Si, correctto.

Lamprey Eel. One of God's little fuck you's to humanity (Goblin Sharks being another).

Suits my name I feel. I've used it on pretty much every other message board I've been on. In fact, I had one as my Avatar when I first joined but someone moaned about it. To be fair, that one looked more like a cock with teeth.

Si, correctto.

How lovely.

I have an idea to change my avatar but there's something about having a duck avatar on BritGAF, it's like you're part of the higher echelon, I wouldn't want to confuse anybody into thinking I'm not better than them.

Danj

Asus are shit. Why can they not fix the stock level problems with the T100? At this rate I'm gonna end up buying an iThingy instead. I don't want an iThingy, dammit!

Addnan

To the people who told me to go to Hawskmoor. Thank you. We loved it. Amazing steak, cooked perfectly. The one in Seven Dials is nice place too.

Symphonia

Banned
Some fat chavvy girl who was sat outside smoking, with her baby next to her, gave me a look of disgust earlier today as I walked out the Jobcentre. I really couldn't help but laugh in her face and point out what a hypocritical twat she is and pointed out the sheer irony of it all. The look on her face as I walked away was priceless.

afoni

Banned
Some fat chavvy girl who was sat outside smoking, with her baby next to her, gave me a look of disgust earlier today as I walked out the Jobcentre. I really couldn't help but laugh in her face and point out what a hypocritical twat she is and pointed out the sheer irony of it all. The look on her face as I walked away was priceless.

you're a good person

Symphonia

Banned
You plebs are just as bad for responding to his performances time after time.
What? I don't care if what I did was a bad thing, if someone's going to laugh at me for being in the exact same situation as them, then they deserve to have it pointed out to them how stupid they are. It's almost a good deed, but not quite. I made up for it by giving someone my day ticket for the bus, though, saved them some money. Dapper, I'm not on about the kid. I have no opinion on that matter. It's just the way she gave me the look as if to say 'Dirty bastard livin' on the dole' that ticked me off.

What? I don't care if what I did was a bad thing, if someone's going to laugh at me for being in the exact same situation as them, then they deserve to have it pointed out to them how stupid they are. It's almost a good deed, but not quite. I made up for it by giving someone my day ticket for the bus, though, saved them some money. Dapper, I'm not on about the kid. I have no opinion on that matter. It's just the way she gave me the look as if to say 'Dirty bastard livin' on the dole' that ticked me off.

lol man I'm taking the piss because you made yourself an easy target there, that's all.

But you probably shouldn't judge the jobless by their hatchet faces, it makes you sound like a grade A arsehole

afoni

Banned

What? I don't care if what I did was a bad thing, if someone's going to laugh at me for being in the exact same situation as them, then they deserve to have it pointed out to them how stupid they are.

man i dont even get how you dont realise how much of a dickhead you come across as

bragging about getting in someone's face over nothing

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
ZcSCcPH.png

So. What's everyone doing tonight? Just got back from Ikea, had the meatballs. Tasty.

My gf wants to go out somewhere, but I'm feeling lazy and want to stay in and watch Netflix. I feel like the compromise is that we go to a place where she can drink and I'll take my tablet and watch Netflix on there. :/

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So. What's everyone doing tonight? Just got back from Ikea, had the meatballs. Tasty.

My gf wants to go out somewhere, but I'm feeling lazy and want to stay in and watch Netflix. I feel like the compromise is that we go to a place where she can drink and I'll take my tablet and watch Netflix on there. :/

That sounds reasonable :)

Lil bit of CoD, then tinker tailor soldier spy. Then bed.

That sounds reasonable :)

Lil bit of CoD, then tinker tailor soldier spy. Then bed.

Sounds like a nice plan.

If only my gf thought like you. I figure I'll delay going out until around 10pm so we don't stay too long. I fancy a burger though so maybe Byron would work. She can drink there and I can eat a burger. Not sure she will see it that way though.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Watching bloody Sunday with a few beers.

Symphonia

Banned

Continuing with my rewatch of The Office US and a Chinese.

Yep.

Symphonia

Banned
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Demon's Souls on the cheap?

I really, really want to see why this game gets so much praise.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Demon's Souls on the cheap?

I really, really want to see why this game gets so much praise.

Find a CEX

Or go on Amazon.

If you go to CEX you may have to endure shit music, body odour and acne-ridden staff in t-shirts a size too small. But you'll probably get a bargain.

Also, Dark Souls is supposedly the better game whereas Demons's Souls is harder.

Don't play them if you have rage issues on top of the others.

Symphonia

Banned
Find a CEX

Or go on Amazon.

If you go to CEX you may have to endure shit music, body odour and acne-ridden staff in t-shirts a size too small. But you'll probably get a bargain.
I sometimes wonder how I manage to wake up in the morning. Amazon is the most obvious answer. As for the part about CEX...well, I'll withdraw my job application.

I've never heard that! I think that's the theme in the original, I'm on Dark Arisen which a solitary lady wailing.

Really? The Dark Arisen copy is the only version I've ever seen and I contemplated buying it simply because of that song.

The Wind is Pushing Meeeee!

Awesome stuff.

My PS3 hasn't seen service since I got my PS4 though, it looks all sad and dusty.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Really? The Dark Arisen copy is the only version I've ever seen and I contemplated buying it simply because of that song.

The Wind is Pushing Meeeee!

Awesome stuff.

My PS3 hasn't seen service since I got my PS4 though, it looks all sad and dusty.

It is the menu music, right? My memory is a little shot, but I've not heard a single electric guitar in thirty hours of playing it.

That tune seems very old school Ca(m)pcom, though.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
For Dark Arisen the theme was replaced. The original is completely out of place, nonsensical and ridiculous. And it's also the most awesome thing ever to grace my ears since Daytona.

Get on my level.

S'guy is pushing me, into da current agan
Simples as wan, tu, twee
frying into fwee, like a dangaaaaaaaan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom