• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
How come y'all didn't teach Musha how to play? Gender is no excuse: I know several girl MTG players who are better than I could ever hope to be.

That being said I'm not allowed to play games with JackellenBelle. She makes me watch movies when we are together. =|

f0rk

Musha what should I cut in my UWR sideboard to fit in a second Stony Silence? Playing in a win-a-box tomorrow need advice fast

Qasiel

How come y'all didn't teach Musha how to play? Gender is no excuse: I know several girl MTG players who are better than I could ever hope to be.

That being said I'm not allowed to play games with JackellenBelle. She makes me watch movies when we are together. =|
I'd easily teach Musha to play but she has no interest. Things happen.

Because I have no inte.......

I'd easily teach Musha to play but she has no interest. Things happen.

yeah what he said.

Musha what should I cut in my UWR sideboard to fit in a second Stony Silence? Playing in a win-a-box tomorrow need advice fast

I think you should get your Daredevil card and play it along with the Koenigsegg CCX card and then deliver a winning combo of Master Baker along with the three of spades.

No interest in Magic: The Gathering?!

My goodness, we're going to need some dudes in lab coats to get to the bottom of this.

Why is this a thing? Is it that weird that I'm not into it?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So last week was a bit of a mindfuck for me, I'm sorry I didn't respond to everyones advice, I did take it all in though.

My week away was somewhat eventful but I didn't really have the epiphany I desired, what I did realise is that I'm not well, I thought going home would be this lovely little montage of me improving mentally and addressing my problems and well, it wasn't and didn't happen.

I drank alot, I smoked alot, I got myself into a sorta fight on purpose purely to get hit in the face a few times. I saw a few old faces and some were better, some worse.

Seeing my family was okay, my sister is still doing shite, it's like she's not as as bad as she was, but her problems are still the same, they just tread lightly around her and give her what she wants when she starts to get moody, in her room she had scraped things into her desk which were all pretty troubling and she wore long sleeves for most of the trip, think you can guess why.

For the most part I tried to keep my problems away from them as I didn't want to bring them down any more.

The day I left I fought back tears when I went for a bit of lunch with my mum, I told her how crap I felt and that I just didn't care about anything and she said it was worth trying the pills I had previously decided against using. I felt bad leaving on a slightly sad note, but I just couldn't hold it back!

The day after I got back I went straight to the doctor and they said it might be the right thing to do so I'm now on a fluoxetine and my doctor says I'll be on them for around 6 months roughly.

In regards to work I've been stripped of all responsibilities I had previously, I'm only working in one pub and I will have way less to worry about. On the plus side it's less stress and effort and I'll have less hours to work but on the minus I feel like I've let myself down a bit.

I had a chat with my boss about this and he seems fairly cool about it all which is good, now I feel like I can start to rebuild. In terms of long term plans, I'm thinking about moving again, I need a new city to befriend, I'm thinking Bath

What do we think of Bath GAF?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sounds like you made some bad choices just like every single one of us here has at some point, but you've hit the light at the end of the tunnel and found yourself with a second chance. I think you'll be all right.

And I also think the city you should choose is Manchester. Because reasons.

NinjaBoiX

I took the cover off my iPhone last night because YOLO. It seems naked now and the feel of the cold, clinically-machined steel against my skin is arousing.

It feels wrong but so right.

I also think the city you should choose is Manchester. Because reasons.
Listen to JB Tash, he's a smart cookie.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I took the cover off my iPhone last night because YOLO. It seems naked now and the feel of the cold, clinically-machined steel against my skin is arousing.

It feels wrong but so right.

Listen to JB Tash, he's a smart cookie.

Manchester's always the right choice.

RANDOM REMINDER ALERT

Mancgaf meetup February 22 or environs!'!!!!!

Readers please note

NinjaBoiX

Manchester's always the right choice.

RANDOM REMINDER ALERT

Mancgaf meetup February 22 or environs!'!!!!!

Readers please note
You're doing god's work Sploat, I couldn't ask for more.

sqBmE.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Sounds like you made some bad choices just like every single one of us here has at some point, but you've hit the light at the end of the tunnel and found yourself with a second chance. I think you'll be all right.

And I also think the city you should choose is Manchester. Because reasons.
I don't have any family there though, so it would be hard to kinda...get on my feet
If you want to work in a pub it's got to be Glasgow.

Fuck that, my PLH won't mean anything there

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Imma see how this goes down in here: The King's Speech seemed to me like an Adam Sandler movie as envisioned by the makers of Downton Abbey.

NinjaBoiX

Imma see how this goes down in here: The King's Speech seemed to me like an Adam Sandler movie as envisioned by the makers of Downton Abbey.
Yeah, I was kind of lukewarm on it. I didn't really buy into the central drama TBH, some monarch overcoming a speech impediment is not my idea of a nail biting narrative.

It did look really good and the writing/performances/etc were excellent. It was a well made movie, it just didn't really interest or excite me.

I'm watching food network, Ching He Huang is mint. She's such a minx too:

mlrauE4.jpg

Bonus pic with ma boi Ken Hom:

bZeQChm.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I was kind of lukewarm on it. I didn't really buy into the central drama TBH, some monarch overcoming a speech impediment is not my idea of a nail biting narrative.

It did look really good and the writing/performances/etc were excellent. It was a well made movie, it just didn't really interest or excite me.

The King's character arc was exactly the same as any one of Sandler's. Even the supporting cast fill the same roles as the sidekicks in any number of his movies.

What I'm really saying is: Adam Sandler deserves an Oscar. ;)

Y
I'm watching food network, Ching He Huang is mint. She's such a minx too:

mlrauE4.jpg

Yummy. She's a dish etc.

I'm off to play act as an adult. Think well of me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Awful start to the day. Someone left the bath running, didn't even tell me so they didn't realise how far the seeping went so there I have to go and run around rescuing as many items as possible from getting damp. To make matter worse parents are away in the valleys of Wales so their mobiles don't work. Can't even enquire where the hell they put the tape so I can tape over light switches to prevent me accidentally turning them on.

The responsible one has taken all the towels to the laundrette. How safe are they there. I mean I don't use one since we have a washing machine but I guess this is his way of trying to pay us back for his mistake, but he's off to Westminster so I guess he's leaving them there and picking them up later. It was a lot of towels and I didn't even have time to count them.

urrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh………

NinjaBoiX

Awful start to the day. Someone left the bath running, didn't even tell me so they didn't realise how far the seeping went so there I have to go and run around rescuing as many items as possible from getting damp. To make matter worse parents are away in the valleys of Wales so their mobiles don't work. Can't even enquire where the hell they put the tape so I can tape over light switches to prevent me accidentally turning them on.
Just isolate the lighting circuit chief, better safe than sorry.

Go to your mains board and flick off the switch/pull out the fuse. If the board isn't labelled correctly or at all, the switch/fuse will almost certainly be 6A, possibly 10A if it's an old box.

Edit: by the way, anyone with a 360 may want to check out the sale this week. The Witcher 2 and Dark Souls for less than a fiver each!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Girlfriend is out for the rest of the afternoon. It's game time!
Such a depressing flick..
It does hit pretty hard at certain points but I wouldn't call it a depressing film. If anything it's too fucking real, which is what made it really stand out to me.
URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

urrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh………
Hey, I really like your new avatar.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Girlfriend is out for the rest of the afternoon. It's game time!

Wife is away for the rest of the week. It's - er - minding the shop, cleaning the house, cooking, tidying the shed, fixing the wardrobe, rehanging curtains time!

Might get to game time come Thursday.

(actually, I'm not as grumpy as all that, it's a lot of work but a nice break from routine, and means I can get up at 6am without waking up the missus.)

EDIT: Time to close the shop for the day. Despite howling wind and (briefly) torrential rain, we had a record number of people in at one time (15, beyond that it gets too intimate) and did OK on sales. Can pay the bills which is the main thing.

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
Anybody on here have a fitbit?

I've had mine for a couple of years, and I really like it. It'll be cool if there are some other britgaffers out there that use them too that I could add to my leader board.

Symphonia

Banned
My 'friends' from work bailed on me so I'm in alone playing videogames and drinking. I'm not complaining mind, gives me a chance to crack on with Shadow Fall's campaign. I'm yet to give it a proper go.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Know how you feel Cyanide. I am sitting here wifeless (temporarily, see above) and there's a 3DS about a foot away looking at me.

Or maybe I could unpack and wire up the Wii instead?

What I've really got to do is some cleaning/tidying 'cos there's visitors tomorrow evening. Now, what should I do?

Don't do the cleaning, that's for sure.

There's naff all on telly, I'm not bingeing a series right now, don't think I've got any games on the go right now so not sure what to do. Oh, got Mario and Luigi on 3DS but not sure if I'm in the mood.

Fuck it let's order Dominos.

Symphonia

Banned
Sheep, pick up the 3DS and play to your hearts content and just think about cleaning because, if anything, it's the thought that counts.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Sheep, pick up the 3DS and play to your hearts content and just think about cleaning because, if anything, it's the thought that counts.

You're dead right Cyanide that is the thought that counts. Unfortunately the main thought is "I really ought to do the cleaning"!.

Just broke out the ironing board - that shows intent at least.

Symphonia

Banned
Cooking awesome cottage pie for the 5 of us, later than intended but nearly ready now. So darn excited!
I was going to order in again but thought fuck it, and rustled myself up a homemade chicken and bacon pasta bake with garlic bread, with a tub of B&J 'Cookie Dough' for dessert. You honestly can't beat home cooking.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Cooking awesome cottage pie for the 5 of us, later than intended but nearly ready now. So darn excited about holiday tomorrow!

Good on you Musha. All my cottage pies (owing to picky eaters in the family) have to be different at each end which is a bit of a challenge. Vegetable-free at the right and vegetable-rich at the left, or is it the other way round - never can tell.

Anyhow, doing a massive roast for 3 gens of family tomorrow night and then I'm planning to experiment with curries a bit for the rest of the week and see if I can get it right for when Mrs p gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom