• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on you Musha. All my cottage pies (owing to picky eaters in the family) have to be different at each end which is a bit of a challenge. Vegetable-free at the right and vegetable-rich at the left, or is it the other way round - never can tell.

Anyhow, doing a massive roast for 3 gens of family tomorrow night and then I'm planning to experiment with curries a bit for the rest of the week and see if I can get it right for when Mrs p gets back.

This is why I just do the veggies separate. Much easier. My only issue is not liking onions, onion salt just isn't quite the same

NinjaBoiX

Cooking awesome cottage pie for the 5 of us, later than intended but nearly ready now. So darn excited about holiday tomorrow!
I had cottage pie today, Mrs Sainsbury made it. Nothing beats homemade, but It was still pretty tasty.

Happy trails Soturi, have a wicked time. Pass holiday wishes onto the fella too. Have shitloads of fun you guys! :p

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
This is why I just do the veggies separate. Much easier. My only issue is not liking onions, onion salt just isn't quite the same

Not liking onions. Oh dear. That cuts out rather a lot.

Next time you're down this way give me a bit of notice and you can meet my mate Joe. He doesn't like onions either. Strange lad.

EDIT: It's kind of quiet this Saturday evening, are you guys all out somewhere? I'm curious about the posting pattern of BritGaf as it goes by days and evenings, can't fathom how to work it out myself though.

Not liking onions. Oh dear. That cuts out rather a lot.

Next time you're down this way give me a bit of notice and you can meet my mate Joe. He doesn't like onions either. Strange lad.

EDIT: It's kind of quiet this Saturday evening, are you guys all out somewhere? I'm curious about the posting pattern of BritGaf as it goes by days and evenings, can't fathom how to work it out myself though.

In an attempt to find something to watch, the other half just put on loads of Flight of the Conchord songs on YouTube. Rock and roll Saturday night.

Symphonia

Banned
I've come to learn there is no posting pattern where BritGAF is concerned. People are at work, at university, out with family or friends, or just too drunk to post. There's a load of reasons why. I have noticed a lack of activity now compared to August/September, though.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Gracious me. Is nobody around? More-or-less done the ironing and struggling to get the duvet cover on the right side out and GAF is just dead apart from religion threads.

I suppose we al need some down time.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I have been playing Baldur's Gate 2 literally all day. My brain is actually boggled. So that's why I've not been posting at least...

8bit

Knows the Score
I was at a Burns Night in an English pub in Switzerland.

How much is a pint in the UK these days anyway?

Symphonia

Banned
I'm off to see Frozen today and, good golly, I cannot wait.

excited-baby.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since yesterday marked one month after Christmas and I know there will be no post today id just like to say I'm disappointed that no Secret Santa present arrived.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
'morning GAF. It is wet and miserable here. In the probable absence of customers I'm going tz\o have to do accounts or something.

Mr. Sam

Lost my passport last night. In New Cross. I bloody hate New Cross. Waiting for the bar I was in to open so I can give them a call and see if anyone has handed it in.

I'm off to see Frozen today and, good golly, I cannot wait.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/excited-baby.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

Took you a good while, I'm surprised it's still in cinemas. It's pretty bloody fantastic though - I saw sixty-six new films last year and Frozen was comfortably one of the best.

Symphonia

Banned
Took you a good while, I'm surprised it's still in cinemas. It's pretty bloody fantastic though - I saw sixty-six new films last year and Frozen was comfortably one of the best.
It was a combination of lack of funding and inconvenient timing on both my and my baby-mothers parts. Today has been a long time coming, that's for sure.

NinjaBoiX

Morning ladies and gents, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Weather is miserable up here too Phi, I'm just going to chill at home today methinks. I'm back into Skyrim at the mo, I think I'll get stuck into that today.
Since yesterday marked one month after Christmas and I know there will be no post today id just like to say I'm disappointed that no Secret Santa present arrived.
That sucks mate, it's definitely gone missing. You get double presents next year brah.

Also, Food Network crush of the day, Alie Ward:

ySt52Gb.jpg

TYmocTh.jpg

I'll let you guess. ;)

And as I've been posting in The Social Network thread:

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - In Motion
:D

Mr. Sam

Why, when there are several much better David Fincher films?

Lost my passport last night. In New Cross. I bloody hate New Cross. Waiting for the bar I was in to open so I can give them a call and see if anyone has handed it in.

They have my passport! High fives all round. But now I have to go back to New Cross. Swings and roundabouts.

Symphonia

Banned
Why, when there are several much better David Fincher films?
Fight Club is my favourite Fincher film, followed by Zodiac, but I really enjoyed Social Network. Great acting, well written and a cracking soundtrack. The entire film makes you realise just how much of a cunt Zuckerburg actually is. Brilliant, and smart, but still an utter cunt.

NinjaBoiX

Edit: ^ Cyanide, they used a great deal of poetic licence with their portrayal of Zuckerburg. I don't think it was an entirely accurate account of events.

Karen O mane, gotta love that vocal. She's so animalistic with her delivery, I love it.

Ah, one of GAF's top games for giving an unnecessarily hard time to. I lost so many hours to Skyrim.
I'm a sneaky, cloak and dagger wood elf who dabbles in the dark arts. Bow and arrow all the way mainly, the odd bit of throat slitting aside.

It makes the game more fun for me, the melee combat is kind of shit. It's a lot more satisfying to skulk around in the dark firing pointy death sticks from the shadows.

Symphonia

Banned
Cyanide, they used a great deal of poetic licence with their portrayal of Zuckerburg. I don't think it was an entirely accurate account of events.
Oh, I know they exaggerated a lot of the time but the basics, like him fucking his best friend over, is true and really hits home how greedy Zuckerburg is.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So I got my new rota after talking to my boss, I got it on friday and it said "FROM 24TH JANUARY, TOM SHIFT 1, X SHIFT 2 AND Z SHIFT 3"

Now my sunday shift had been moved from 1pm-5pm to 5pm-close at another pub, so I enjoy a nice morning of games and tv only to receive a text from my colleague asking where I am, I tell her what I put above and she says my boss told her that I'm working..

After 5 minutes of texting the boss he says it must be his mistake and he is working and that I'm not working tonight either..

I don't know if he's annoyed or not, but it wasn't me at fault so I'm gonna go ahead and enjoy this day off guilt free.

Anybody got suggestions of films on Netflix or cheap games I should enjoy, I played the Stanley parable yesterday and am now enjoying papers please, but it's a bit tiresome after 10 days.. Is crysis 3 worth a visit?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Um, in response to a discussion which finished a while ago about Terrence Malick....

I watched Tree of Life just now. I thought it was very good and probably my favourite film of his, because it puts in the foreground all of the things that I think he really cares about (life, death, redemption, "God", nature etc...). It's more a visual poem (the kind of thing you see more often in a gallery) than a narrative film, but its very beautiful and uplifting if you give it a chance (and you can get past the fact that it's very upfront about what kind of film it is).

It's made me feel all high-falutin', so instead of sharing a song, I'm going to break tradition and share a bit of Beckett.

Samuel "Quite a happy chap said:
It's the last words, the true last. Or it's the murmurs: the murmurs are coming, I know that well. No, not even that. You talk of murmurs, distant cries, as long as you can talk. You talk of them before and you talk of them after. More lies: it will be the silence (the one that doesn't last) spent listening, spent waiting (for it to be broken, for the voice to break it). Perhaps there's no other, I don't know. It's not worth having, that's all I know. (It's not I, that's all I know.) It's not mine. It's the only one I ever had? That's a lie: I must have had the other, the one that lasts - but it didn't last. (I don't understand.) That is to say it did: it still lasts. I'm still in it. I left myself behind in it. I'm waiting for me there. (No, there you don't wait, you don't listen.)

I don't know: perhaps it's a dream, all a dream. (That would surprise me.) I'll wake, in the silence, and never sleep again. (It will be I?) Or dream (dream again), dream of a silence, a dream silence, full of murmurs (I don't know, that's all words), never wake (all words, there's nothing else).

You must go on, that's all I know.

They're going to stop, I know that well: I can feel it. They're going to abandon me. It will be the silence, for a moment (a good few moments). Or it will be mine? The lasting one, that didn't last, that still lasts? It will be I?

You must go on.

I can't go on.

You must go on.

I'll go on. You must say words, as long as there are any - until they find me, until they say me. (Strange pain, strange sin!) You must go on. Perhaps it's done already. Perhaps they have said me already. Perhaps they have carried me to the threshold of my story, before the door that opens on my story. (That would surprise me, if it opens.)

It will be I? It will be the silence, where I am? I don't know, I'll never know: in the silence you don't know.

You must go on.

I can't go on.

I'll go on.

Happy Sunday!

Son Of D

Cleared out my attic over the weekend and found a few things I thought I'd lost which brought back some bittersweet memories.

How was the weekend for everyone else?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ah, hope more sweet than bitter.

Good, thanks. A lovely pampering day yesterday. Turns out my glasses prescription was way wrong and that's why I've been constantly dizzy for the last month. I bought some fancy new glasses and I can't wait to have them in a couple of weeks.

Emma was really bad on Friday but better this weekend, so actually been able to be "hang out" a bit more (not in that way). Umm. Watched a couple of films, played some games, done a bit of amateur painting and now trying to learn how to program, yet again, while listening to lovely music.

Not yet feeling the Sunday horror but it won't be long now, probably kick in about 8pm.

This song is how I feel on a Sunday night (it's an amazing song):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zn5h_AT-NA

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I haven't got FB, I'm afraid. Is business good? I imagine it's quite a hard market to make a name for yourself in and keep a share of.

I'm a sneaky, cloak and dagger wood elf who dabbles in the dark arts. Bow and arrow all the way mainly, the odd bit of throat slitting aside.

It makes the game more fun for me, the melee combat is kind of shit. It's a lot more satisfying to skulk around in the dark firing pointy death sticks from the shadows.

Stealth and arrows is a great way to play. I've been through so many characters it's ridiculous. I didn't mind the combat took much. The simplicity reminded me of the original Prince of Persia, which I always loved (ie block and stab and... Well, that's it). I rarely play fighter builds in these sorts of games anyway.

My favourite was a pure stealth/illusion build. Hardly killed anyone directly, I either had them kill each other or I just calmed them and walked past. It made the game quite a puzzle at times, at least before I maxed out all the illusion perks, then it became pretty trivial... Except, of course, when it came to dragons....

SteveWD40

Stealth and arrows is a great way to play. I've been through so many characters it's ridiculous. I didn't mind the combat took much. The simplicity reminded me of the original Prince of Persia, which I always loved (ie block and stab and... Well, that's it). I rarely play fighter builds in these sorts of games anyway..

Stealth Archer was brokenly awesome at later stages, especially with mods on PC for more archery perks (bleeds and such). You would crit insta kill most targets, re-hide and do the same thing again.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Stealth Archer was brokenly awesome at later stages, especially with mods on PC for more archery perks (bleeds and such). You would crit insta kill most targets, re-hide and do the same thing again.

Man, I wish I had a PC, some of the mods look incredible.

Stealth/archery has always been the go to way to play Elder Scrolls, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom