• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

I cannot confirm or deny those things, only suggest that fully funded by ISIS would mean there would be resources behind it and finding corpses would have involved organisation to check anything before starting. I of course have made no criticism and whatever you choose to read in to that is your own doing.
Well, I'm going to assume that it's the apocalypse thing then, as you haven't categorically ruled that out, and I'm utterly unable to detect nuances in text. As a result I shall spend the next three hours as though they were my last. Grumbling at Nintendo fans on the internet.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
ISIS pay my bus fare
9VSU1Ct.gif

Volotaire

Well, I'm going to assume that it's the apocalypse thing then, as you haven't categorically ruled that out, and I'm utterly unable to detect nuances in text. As a result I shall spend the next three hours as though they were my last. Grumbling at Nintendo fans on the internet.

I am ready for your grumbles.

Skele7on

Banned
What's wrong with Hipsters?

Nothing that you would of even heard of anyway.

Hi GAF, work is lame, moved seats, now back is to whole office, still gonna GAF though fuck those guys.

Worst thing of all that I have been split up from my team and like I'm pretty much on my own on this bank of desks.

It really is starting to fuck with me, I never knew I was such a social creature till now...

RiggyRob

Nothing that you would of even heard of anyway.

Hi GAF, work is lame, moved seats, now back is to whole office, still gonna GAF though fuck those guys.

Worst thing of all that I have been split up from my team and like I'm pretty much on my own on this bank of desks.

It really is starting to fuck with me, I never knew I was such a social creature till now...

Ooh, I'd hate that. It was bad enough having my back to a frequently used door so I had to alt-tab whenever someone came through, I just wouldn't feel like I could do anything in privacy if my back wasn't against a wall.

I probably look like a right goody-two shoes now sitting right at the front of lecture theatres cause I can't hear the lecturers.

I've progressively given less and less of a shit about who can see me gaffing as I've approached my departure date. It's gonna be a tough bastard if I can't secretly visit and post in the office of wherever I end up.

There's been a rank smell on our pod of desks all day and it's gotten progressively worse. We've told facilities, they reckon it's a dead mouse stuck somewhere.

It's so bad now it's making me gag and I keep having to leave my desk.

If it's still there tomorrow I'm gonna go straight home.

jimbor

Banned
There's been a rank smell on our pod of desks all day and it's gotten progressively worse. We've told facilities, they reckon it's a dead mouse stuck somewhere.

You gagged when I farted in the car back from Newcastle meet. I think your gag reflex may be over sensitive.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Well, looking at the features FFXV is going to have, I'm disappointed. I was actually looking forward to it, but now...looks like I only have Type 0 HD in my sights.

Skele7on

Banned

That is something else, where do you work that gets mice?

Who is coming London meet Saturday?

You gagged when I farted in the car back from Newcastle meet. I think your gag reflex may be over sensitive.

To be fair your farts were something else dude, eggybob nearly vomed as well

That is something else, where do you work that gets mice?

Who is coming London meet Saturday?

A really nice building right next to St Paul's. Who'd have thought it eh. Pesky critters get in everywhere.

Skele7on

Banned
A really nice building right next to St Paul's. Who'd have thought it eh. Pesky critters get in everywhere.

Jeez, those must be some rich mice, must have had one hell of a big party and died.

I can just imagine now a bunch of mouse bankers having a heavy one and Steve the wildcard taking it a bit too far.

mouse_icon.jpg

RIP Steve

Fucking hell, fucking hell.

So the thing I mentioned before, well, it's fucking up in ways I never thought of. Fucking hell. I'm absolutely seething at how people could make this that bad and her be in the middle of it all and the face people see as everything goes wrong. She's laughing it off but I'm ready to storm in to the office and start effing and blinding. You may notice from my tone. I don't know how she's so calm, it's incredible.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I know the feeling of getting mad on behalf of someone you care about being shafted. It sucks when people who don't deserve it become the scapegoat too. I've felt impotent like that because you really want to yell at someone but you aren't directly involved...but you really want to because how could they fuck over this person you care about like that?!

The positive take away is that she is keeping calm under pressure which is really impressive. That and your reaction means you really care about her, and that is really sweet.

Haha ta both. I'm calmer now, needed to vent. My temper is WELL MANAGED. Honest. Still amazed they went ahead without any rehearsals etc. Phew.

I mean, I know not all jobs are good, but you hope for a minimum standard of competency...

Mikeside

Haha ta both. I'm calmer now, needed to vent. My temper is WELL MANAGED. Honest. Still amazed they went ahead without any rehearsals etc. Phew.

I mean, I know not all jobs are good, but you hope for a minimum standard of competency...

I think this is literally the fist time I've ever known you to be in any way vexed.
You're usually a "sarcastically laugh it off" kind of a guy.

Hope all goes OK and your girlfriend becomes a mega star, catapulting you to living the Sheffield equivalent to a high life.

I tend to online, but that's as things aren't going wrong. It tends to be technical stuff that sets me off - when things aren't working, often big ambitious tech things, I can snap when I'm busy. I may have told a friend to fuck off on his birthday for bugging me when I was trying to get some pain in the arse broadcast gear going for a thing once.

Drinks were bought afterwards as an apology.

i feel like shit, really really low. creatively i'm going nowhere, both my writing and composition is lacking right now and career wise i am currently travelling 80 minutes round trip to get paid £6.75 and no idea how to progress or whether it's even worth progressing. i need to get out of retail but no idea how. looking at it support jobs at the moment, is there any point in applying if i have no qualifications in the field? any ideas gaf?

Mikeside

i feel like shit, really really low. creatively i'm going nowhere, both my writing and composition is lacking right now and career wise i am currently travelling 80 minutes round trip to get paid £6.75 and no idea how to progress or whether it's even worth progressing. i need to get out of retail but no idea how. looking at it support jobs at the moment, is there any point in applying if i have no qualifications in the field? any ideas gaf?

You can probably get a position doing first line support following an online test or something.

Do you have plenty of IT experience?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I dunno about jobs, but can I listen to your stuff?

Is 15 minutes for a 3km run good? Thats what I managed today.

The aim is to get to 10km soon.

I do 8km in 30mins on my cross trainer. But apparently that's quite different to running. I walk a mile in 20mins so that sounds like a slow pace, but you have to start somewhere! Good on you for starting to exercise

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hate how all the budget phones are still relatively expensive. I just need a temp phone for a good half a year.
What's your budget? You can get a fairly decent Android phone for sub £100 if you don't care about using a more obscure brand like ZTE.

Volotaire

What's your budget? You can get a fairly decent Android phone for sub £100 if you don't care about using a more obscure brand like ZTE.

Ehhh... I'm looking at the 50£ mark. At the moment, I'm trying Ebay for a Nexus 4 , Moto G, or I might just hope the Lumia 520 train. I might have to go offbrand but hopefully a good deal appears. The Lumia is 50-60 but I can't see myself using it after the problems I've heard from people on this particular one. And the 512MB RAM.

EDIT: seems like no Nexus 4 either.

Mikeside

no work experience, though i currently work at maplin so there's some IT knowledge stuff there. day to day knowledge might get me through, maybe.

How experienced are you with Windows XP and 7, Office 2003, 2007 & 2010, general troubleshooting, Active Directory, using things like Teamviewer, diagnosing networking issues, etc?

You don't have to be good at all these things, but decent experience with Windows and Office are going to be essential to getting past an interview & I'd say if any of the above is something you're not confident with (except maybe Active Directory, which a lot of first line guys probably don't have knowledge of until they start the job) then dive in and try to get some experience on your home PC and by fixing friends PCs before you start applying for jobs.

How experienced are you with Windows XP and 7, Office 2003, 2007 & 2010, general troubleshooting, Active Directory, using things like Teamviewer, diagnosing networking issues, etc?

You don't have to be good at all these things, but decent experience with Windows and Office are going to be essential to getting past an interview & I'd say if any of the above is something you're not confident with (except maybe Active Directory, which a lot of first line guys probably don't have knowledge of until they start the job) then dive in and try to get some experience on your home PC and by fixing friends PCs before you start applying for jobs.
i have plenty of experience with office and windows, i have never heard of the other two so i shall do some research. an entry position would be all that i need as it's a better career and pays better than anything right now. i think i could do it, so i shall get a CV together and apply.
cheers for the help!

Mikeside

i have plenty of experience with office and windows, i have never heard of the other two so i shall do some research. an entry position would be all that i need as it's a better career and pays better than anything right now. i think i could do it, so i shall get a CV together and apply.
cheers for the help!

No worries buddy. Good luck & let us know how it goes!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why does everyone walk so slowly? I'm forever weaving in and out of people. I've got comparatively wee little stubby legs too.
I was behind two student yesterday walking side be side in the middle of the pavement, thus blocking the ability to walk around them and every time they moved to the side to let someone coming towards them past they moved back to the middle. If you know you are in the way then stop doing that!? Jesus christ. Note to self, if you are ever in charge of hiring don't employ any student from the year 2014, they are all daft.

NinjaBoiX

The leopard marmite gif reminds me of this:

q3Hn2wY.jpg

Richie has really long legs though, he had no excuse not to keep up the pace!
Note to self, if you are ever in charge of hiring don't employ any student from the year 2014, they are all daft.
This is true. Some of the jobs we get called out to at the student village man, you just wonder how they got into uni in the first place.

I had one the other day, "don't know how to use the microwave, can someone come and show me?" For fuck's sake, there is like 10 buttons on there and not one of them will make it blow up I promise. Just have a fiddle man, where's your sense of adventure!

And that's besides the spoilt little daddy's girls complaining that their full length mirror is too small or that the shade of paint in their bedroom clashes with their nail polish or some other menial shit.

To be fair, many of them are away from home for what, only a few days properly for the first time?

And to be fair, many of them are also morons. Who refused to pay attention when their parents went "right, listen, you'll need to know..."

NinjaBoiX

Yeah I get that, I just hate this pathetic attitude of, "I can't do it, help" at the very first sign of trouble. Like, their parents must've wiped their arse for them.

That microwave one, I was like, "see the buttons with the time increments on? OK, now see that big button at the bottom that says START?" Jesus Christ, how do you not walk into things all the time?

Slow walking people are also the bane of my existence. Because I'm so tall and thin I can walk real fast and weave in and out of people on the street. But it's a major hassle when there's a group blocking the pavement and I have to walk artificially slow right behind them until there's a gap in the traffic and I swerve round them or they cotton on that I'm in a hurry and let me past.

I used to fly out a lot to my dads and my experience in terminals allowed me to perfect something I call the airport walk, which is just marching really fucking fast in proximity to people with those wheelie bags. Like, if I'm on my way to baggage reclaim, I can outpace someone in a hurry on a travelator without being on it myself. Intense stuff, makes me wonder what I could achieve if I did actual excercise.

Anyway. I have an interview today and I learnt on the weekend that the office I'll be working isn't the Walton I know, but another Walton that'll take an hour to get to on the train. Mega mad. The agency guy I've been speaking to has been a diamond though, very helpful, negotiated a better rate for me without me asking him too, so if I get this job I'll be paid double what I was at P&G. The only sticking point is the bloody commute, such a hassle. This has tipped me over the edge into learning to drive.

Does anyone else suffer from slow-walking partners? I have a habit of walking a fair bit ahead without her before I realise or get called back. When say, in London, she'll pick up the pace because you have to, but anywhere else? NOPE.

8bit

Knows the Score
Anyway. I have an interview today and I learnt on the weekend that the office I'll be working isn't the Walton I know, but another Walton that'll take an hour to get to on the train. Mega mad. The agency guy I've been speaking to has been a diamond though, very helpful, negotiated a better rate for me without me asking him too, so if I get this job I'll be paid double what I was at P&G. The only sticking point is the bloody commute, such a hassle. This has tipped me over the edge into learning to drive.

It's in his best interest to get you the best rate possible as the more you get, the more he gets.

NinjaBoiX

Does anyone else suffer from slow-walking partners? I have a habit of walking a fair bit ahead without her before I realise or get called back. When say, in London, she'll pick up the pace because you have to, but anywhere else? NOPE.
Nah, she has pretty nimble to be fair. She's even shorter than me too. (IKR?)

Shorty girls are the best in a number of ways, not least so I don't look even more like a hobbit with alopecia.
It's in his best interest to get you the best rate possible as the more you get, the more he gets.
Yeah, it took me a while to click on to why my agency was so eager to push for a better rate for me. It just kind of came out of nowhere.
Hadn't considered that.

He may not be a diamond then but he's nice on the phone.
Dat superficial phone patter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom