• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

the flaming lips did that, i do believe.
Flaming Lips had all the tracks for an album across 4 CDs.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of.
Not heard of James Blake. Any good?
Yeah, kind of an acquired taste, but he's amazing if it floats your boat.

You may recognise this:

James Blake - Retrograde
God I adore this tune, it's just incredible. That hummed melody throughout will stick in your head, so haunting. Then the cello with that mental flange on it towards the end, gawd...

Or maybe his Feist cover:

James Blake - Limit To Your Love
The bass will make your puny speakers cry.
Hipster-ish electronica dubstep.
Argh! That word!

But basically, yeah.

:|

Hystzen

Nothing like having a shit and reading some comics with music.

Hmm think it time I return to Dark Souls2 not played it after finishing when first came out. I tend to wait for few patches change balance of shit

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, shut up whinging Cheez, I go to Salford every morning. It's not that fair at all!

Good luck fella.
Was kind of hesitant to describe him as such, but if you listen to a few tracks a pot of moustache wax will magically appear in your bathroom cabinet.
4H8ern5.gif

Was kind of hesitant to describe him as such, but if you listen to a few tracks a pot of moustache wax will magically appear in your bathroom cabinet.

And I just realised I'm dating a hipster. Shoot me now.

Also the only people who don't seem to like the word hipster are hipsters

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

He's got the beard of a hipster but he's all together too manly and not musically niche enough. If he had that beard and Mikeside's record collection then I'd call him a hipster.

Question - how many striped T-shirts does he own?

NinjaBoiX

For Jed, action shots for added excitement:

1Z8woKE.jpg

y1pp2l9.jpg

jfMbQKj.jpg

What's a Salford?
It's a terrible, terrible place swarming with troglodytes and slime surfers.
Nah, Andy's beard is 100% man. I bet not a smidge of wax touches his face furniture.
This is probably true. I've always hated the word, but then keep getting it pointed out to me that I probably am one.
I do own a striped tee. It's Penguin too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
For Jed, action shots for added excitement:

1Z8woKE.jpg

y1pp2l9.jpg

jfMbQKj.jpg

It's a terrible, terrible place swarming with troglodytes and slime surfers.

Nah, Andy's beard is 100% man. I bet not a smidge of wax touches his face furniture.

This is probably true. I've always hated the word, but then keep getting it pointed out to me that I probably am one.

I do own a striped tee. It's Penguin too.

ahhh, just what I was after :)

I saw a picture of my first crush on Facebook yesterday, she's still gorgeous. 10 year old me had GREAT taste. I was thinking about it afterwards though, this girl (without knowing) really shaped the man I became. I was just a wee kid and she was in the year above me in primary school (I was year 5, she year 6) and she was into cool stuff. She liked Nirvana and Eerie Indiana and wore baggy green khakis and had a purple streak in her hair.

From that moment on, I knew I was a greebo.

Sometimes I fantasize about writing letters to the influential crushes from my past, thanking them for making me who I am now. But that would be weird as fuck.

NinjaBoiX

Girls who scratch vinyl man...

BrDzZNF.jpg

I don't even really know why, they peel my carrots.

You could say I can't put my finger on it.

*ahem*

He's got the beard of a hipster but he's all together too manly and not musically niche enough. If he had that beard and Mikeside's record collection then I'd call him a hipster.

Umm none I think

Does he own socks? this is vital.

He does, and they don't always match

He has moustache wax and uses beard oil :/

NinjaBoiX

"Pretty girls?"

*posts a shot from 10ft away with her eyes shut and one with half her head cut off*

He did have a fixie at one point but doesn't do much road cycling so sold it.

He was on about buying a flat cap the other day.

I'm doomed aren't I.
You'll have to start wearing kooky vintage clothing, granny jewellery and putting your hair up in rollers so you match.

Pretty girls?

I'm gay, but there's something about this girl Janet Grogan, on X-Factor this year. The contrast of her black hair and bright blue eyes is really striking. Super pretty.

Agreed, I thought she was hot too. Plus great voice.

You'll have to start wearing kooky vintage clothing, granny jewellery and putting your hair up in rollers so you match.

Is that what female hipsters wear?? Count me out.

What's wrong with Hipsters?

Everything

Nervous times today. The other half (Mrs. Ex? Nah, that doesn't work as a nickname does it) is effectively launching a TV channel today, the Sheffield local one. This is hilarious because a) she's more southern than me and will be the first person on with a half hour news programme and b) the fact it's launching
more things I can't write here

SmokyDave

b) the fact it's launching
more things I can't write here

...well, that's a headscratcher. Launching, after being fully funded by ISIS? Launching, despite the fact that six corpses have been found under the studio? Launching, despite the fact that doing so will bring about the apocalypse?

...well, that's a headscratcher. Launching, after being fully funded by ISIS? Launching, despite the fact that six corpses have been found under the studio? Launching, despite the fact that doing so will bring about the apocalypse?

I cannot confirm or deny those things, only suggest that fully funded by ISIS would mean there would be resources behind it and finding corpses would have involved organisation to check anything before starting. I of course have made no criticism and whatever you choose to read in to that is your own doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom