• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

63nES5K.jpg

Big love sploatstein!

Also, we should catch up next weekend when the lady is up, me, you and E could double date for a coffee or something.

I'll pay.

Obviously. :p

Edit: or triple date even if we do it Saturday when Mike and Z are here innit.

Ashes

Banned
they spell it wrong too, the pricks

Depends on if you want to get all etomological roots and shit. it's derived from the latin humor.

I hate that I think I know this is correct. And yet don't know if I was served with bulshit from whosoever taught me it. And also that my sheer laziness compels me not check this. I suggest you take on this probably correct fact, and adjust your joke accordingly. Or not as the case may be.

Symphonia

Banned
no one has complained about the weather yet
Maybe not but we've thrown abuse around, complained and moaned about the littlest things, belittled religious beliefs - we're only one weather-related comment away from crumpets and tea exploding from the very seams of this thread.

banofypie

Banned
Maybe not but we've thrown abuse around, complained and moaned about the littlest things, belittled religious beliefs - we're only one weather-related comment away from crumpets and tea exploding from the very seams of this thread.

That stereotype only exists in the eyes of Americans these days, and as such, I implore you to reword it before this thread turns on you for being of foreign descent.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I have noticed that unless I quote you you don't read my posts! I gave you some concern and everything 😔

Awwww sorry! I scanned and missed. Let's have looksee:

It's moving so quickly!!

Screaming Meat, that sounds like a crap thing to have to go through. I'd say it's all political correctness and things like that, but it's not. It's just someone overreacting and instead of being an adult and going straight to you to discuss it, acting like a child and going straight to teacher. Perhaps she is very insecure about her job? Either way, it's not what you need. Be very circumspect around her now, obviously! Hopefully no real damage to your job...?

Well, the HR lady was kind of embarrassed to bring it up because I've known her for years and she knows that I wouldn't have said anything like that maliciously. Still, she had to go through the process and I do have to apologise (which I will do Friday when I'm not so hacked off).

I guess your right about feeling insecure, but it was neither directed solely at her nor delivered in a condescending tone. I was trying to lighten the mood before delivering a message from my boss that they all already knew. I guess I misjudged the situation (as per usual).

I don't know what circumspect means, but I don't think genital mutilation will help.

There. You got more words than anyone! :D

SmokyDave

Took the day off on Monday to take kiddo to the dermatologist (baby eczema can kiss my ass) and afterwards we took a walk around Wollaton Park. I've been to Wollaton Hall countless times but never really taken in the ridiculous scale for some reason. Made me wonder why you'd want a residence of that size. I had a similar feeling about the Palace of Versailles.

I reckon I'd be happier living in a nicely decorated 5 bedroom house.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
63nES5K.jpg

Big love sploatstein!

Also, we should catch up next weekend when the lady is up, me, you and E could double date for a coffee or something.

I'll pay.

Obviously. :p

Edit: or triple date even if we do it Saturday when Mike and Z are here innit.

Ho mah gawd yeah ! Just let us know. E's super bad at the mo so got to take that into account (waking up in tears most nights and I'm having to do most things for her - actually going to be registering as her carer. Which is nice. )

Awwww sorry! I scanned and missed. Let's have looksee:

Well, the HR lady was kind of embarrassed to bring it up because I've known her for years and she knows that I wouldn't have said anything like that maliciously. Still, she had to go through the process and I do have to apologise (which I will do Friday when I'm not so hacked off).

I guess your right about feeling insecure, but it was neither directed solely at her nor delivered in a condescending tone. I was trying to lighten the mood before delivering a message from my boss that they all already knew. I guess I misjudged the situation (as per usual).

I don't know what circumspect means, but I don't think genital mutilation will help.

There. You got more words than anyone! :D

The main thing is that it's only a slapped wrist that will go away sharpish. The apologising will be a pain but at least it means it's done with.

8bit

Knows the Score
I also have found memories of the makro card, especially when my dad got the fabled food and non food option.

Been working at different sites on campus today, we've got shuttle buses that transport you around so it's been nice getting driven around instead of having to cross town of my own accord.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The main thing is that it's only a slapped wrist that will go away sharpish. The apologising will be a pain but at least it means it's done with.

Very true. I've got tomorrow off, so I shall spend the next 24 hours coming to terms with the fact that I will have to apologise even though I genuinely don't think I should have to. XD

I'm new to this management lark as you can probably tell.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I also have found memories of the makro card, especially when my dad got the fabled food and non food option.

Been working at different sites on campus today, we've got shuttle buses that transport you around so it's been nice getting driven around instead of having to cross town of my own accord.

I see bourgeoisie!

Very true. I've got tomorrow off, so I shall spend the next 24 hours coming to terms with the fact that I will have to apologise even though I genuinely don't think I should have to. XD

Principles are the first things that have to go!

Happy now Chinner. Everyone's posting! It's a Christmas miracle!

I like Chinner when he's not trollface.

Oh and just to say my new lunchtime games are Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Speedball 2. It's 199x in my head!

The Makro card! Oh my god the ticket to heaven.

Yes! I'd be tempted to get one for me to just get stuff if say, transport and space made it worth it. I'm pretty sure the GF goes through enough tea to make the 1200 bags make sense. Also the 3kg of hot chocolate power yes please.

Just office drinks this time sadly, but we have restocked our choccie digestives.

I'll have a tea. Milk and two sugars, please.

Sure, it's on the side now. You'll have to come to Sheff, it might get cold.

As it's not too bad a one, swallowing the pride really is the hardest bit I guess. Shouldn't be too bad to try and turn it in to a nice little apology that you say that you do really value her as part of the team, try and spin a little positive out of it. Or, she's the sort of person who'll be a nob whatever you say, in which case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Principles are the first things that have to go!

Is that a euphemism for "balls"?

Oh and just to say my new lunchtime games are Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Speedball 2. It's 199x in my head!

Those are some fine choices. Speedball 2 is so damn good!

As it's not too bad a one, swallowing the pride really is the hardest bit I guess. Shouldn't be too bad to try and turn it in to a nice little apology that you say that you do really value her as part of the team, try and spin a little positive out of it. Or, she's the sort of person who'll be a nob whatever you say, in which case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I'm sorry I called you a Phone Monkey."

How do I say that without laughing in her face? XD

8bit

Knows the Score
Dreading having to play Super Nashwan! I'm not sure our goalie, Brian, is going to survive...
My usual strategy was to identify the best player on the other team and savagely beat him. I miss when sports games were not so serious.

Just received an email informing me that I've been granted access to the web of science, the reality pales considerably in comparison to how I'm imagining it in my head.

NinjaBoiX

Ho mah gawd yeah ! Just let us know. E's super bad at the mo so got to take that into account (waking up in tears most nights and I'm having to do most things for her - actually going to be registering as her carer. Which is nice.)
Aww, sorry to hear that E isn't doing too well at the moment mate, that sucks. :( But yeah, Mike and Z are getting here about lunchtime next Sat (13th) so we'll maybe go and get something to eat, the six of us.

We can meet close to Ancoats to make it easier for E, maybe Piccadilly or Northern Quarter. I was going to suggest Katsouri's but Deansgate is possibly a bit of a mooch for E if she's having an off day. Anyway, we'll see closer to the time innit.

Looking forward to it!

Symphonia

Banned
Wrong, a Big Bang .gif can help any situation. To be honest, although I like sugar and milk in my tea, I so rarely have tea that I'm in no position to argue how best it's made.

Reknoc

Wrong, a Big Bang .gif can help any situation. To be honest, although I like sugar and milk in my tea, I so rarely have tea that I'm in no position to argue how best it's made.

True, a Big Bang Theory gif really does defuse a situation as everyone forgets about it and decides that the person trying to remind us that the big bang theory exists is clearly a terrible person and our ire on them is clearly more important than whatever it was we were arguing about.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ho mah gawd yeah ! Just let us know. E's super bad at the mo so got to take that into account (waking up in tears most nights and I'm having to do most things for her - actually going to be registering as her carer. Which is nice. )

Fuck. Sorry to hear that, man.

True, a Big Bang Theory gif really does defuse a situation as everyone forgets about it and decides that the person trying to remind us that the big bang theory exists is clearly a terrible person and our ire on them is clearly more important than whatever it was we were arguing about.

Truth. Awful show watched by awful people.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Aww, sorry to hear that E isn't doing too well at the moment mate, that sucks. :( But yeah, Mike and Z are getting here about lunchtime next Sat (13th) so we'll maybe go and get something to eat, the six of us.

We can meet close to Ancoats to make it easier for E, maybe Piccadilly or Northern Quarter. I was going to suggest Katsouri's but Deansgate is possibly a bit of a mooch for E if she's having an off day. Anyway, we'll see closer to the time innit.

Looking forward to it!

Top sharp!!

Fuck. Sorry to hear that, man.

Ta. She's starting yet another drug soon, but at the moment she's on up to 200mg of tramadol a night. I spend what time I can with her and then video games and my record player save my life! Hopefully this one works. She's got all the mental strength I don't have but my body works so we balance each other out 😄

Also, comedy is rubbish. There's too much comedy around these days. A serious life is an authentically lived life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom