• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys aren't careful we'll be invaded by popgaf and their irrelevant diva gifs.

As a fan of pop music I'd like to distance myself entirely from popgaf and the unneccesary level of praise over the wrong choice of singers, declaring of deities and inability to communicate without smarmy OH NO SHE DI-NT gifs

Is it still like that? It's still like that isn't it

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Our daily art! BONUS EDITION

The amazing cover to Ziggy Stardust (in fact all of Bowie's 70s albums have amazing covers, especially Station to Station. The rest of them are some of the worst ever)

jb_ziggystardust.jpg

And my favouritest piece of art ever - The Large Glass or The Bride Stripped Bare By Her Bachelors, Even by Marcel Duchamp. Duchamp generally is just incredible but I will limit it at this. Happy shitty Tuesday!

Duchamp_LargeGlass.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
I recently decided to get the Modern English album with Melt With You on it. They were surprisingly decent, I always thought they were a one hit wonder.
On the rare occasion I got pissed off, why would I want to get more pissed off by listening to bad music?
An outlet for anger like anything else. I'll admit even I rarely listened to No Ca$h at the time. I listened to a ton of Choking Victim and Bad Religion though.

As a fan of pop music I'd like to distance myself entirely from popgaf and the unneccesary level of praise over the wrong choice of singers, declaring of deities and inability to communicate without smarmy OH NO SHE DI-NT gifs

Is it still like that? It's still like that isn't it

Every thread 'they' ever start or enter en masse is the same.

NinjaBoiX

Hey Meaty, how are you getting on with our collective mixtapes?

Plus, arts:

tRwWKI8.jpg

David Despau - 3 Colours_Yellow

jaakSCE.jpg

Studio Qube - Fade To Red

8TJV53u.jpg

Nik Ainley - The Unbearable Lightness Of Being

FNn9pdA.jpg

Kako - Samurai

7bjo0FE.jpg

Kyung Soon Park - Adventures

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok first few games of Titanfall done.

First thoughts - ooh my it's fast and crazy. The 360 version seems to run fine to me. Looks like 60fps (well it's faster and smoother than Destiny anyway)

Really good! Heart pumping fast and doing well already!

AcridMeat

Banned
Artsy fartsy stuff. Seeing that post ninj made me think of this image.
jungle%20fantasy%20art%20golem%20artwork%20waterfalls%20soft%20shading%201680x1050%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_90.jpg

Couldn't find the original on his page but I have the full size thing somewhere on my computer.

I first saw it from an upload of Modeselektor - I Love You which is a tremendous song.

@Sploatee I was so excited for Titanfall for so long, played it for about a week and life happened and I drifted away from it. When I came back (PC) a couple weeks later the servers were dead. :(

Chinner

Banned
I'm ashamed to admit that I've only started to listening David Bowie recently. I now recognise lot of songs from him that I didn't previously... but yeah, he owns.

RiggyRob

The advert for it is certainly as annoying.

Did you ever see the 5 minute advert that pretends they're on a film shoot? I happened to see it as part of a cinema trailer- absolute dogshit. Not funny, not informative, you see at most 10 seconds of off-screen gameplay - I was just stunned that someone not only thought that it was a good idea but let it go on for five minutes.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Artsy fartsy stuff. Seeing that post ninj made me think of this image.
jungle%20fantasy%20art%20golem%20artwork%20waterfalls%20soft%20shading%201680x1050%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_90.jpg

Couldn't find the original on his page but I have the full size thing somewhere on my computer.

I first saw it from an upload of Modeselektor - I Love You which is a tremendous song.

@Sploatee I was so excited for Titanfall for so long, played it for about a week and life happened and I drifted away from it. When I came back (PC) a couple weeks later the servers were dead. :(

That's a shame. I don't know how long it'll last me but it really makes an amazing first impression, doesn't it? It's all WHOOOOSH and BOOOOOOM!

I'm ashamed to admit that I've only started to listening David Bowie recently. I now recognise lot of songs from him that I didn't previously... but yeah, he owns.

I can do you a recommended listening list if you want!

you don't have to want.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Is that because of Metal Gear?

Hey Meaty, how are you getting on with our collective mixtapes?

I've not put Dropbox on ze laptop yet!

And my favouritest piece of art ever - The Large Glass or The Bride Stripped Bare By Her Bachelors, Even by Marcel Duchamp. Duchamp generally is just incredible but I will limit it at this. Happy shitty Tuesday!

Duchamp_LargeGlass.jpg

That's awesome. I don't know Art but I know what I like.

That's a shame. I don't know how long it'll last me but it really makes an amazing first impression, doesn't it? It's all WHOOOOSH and BOOOOOOM!

Absolutely. I imagine it's a nice change of gears from Souls. I hope the entertainment half life doesn't kick in for ya.

you don't have to want.

Ashes to Ashes and Heroes better be on there!

Symphonia

Banned
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

Such a tune. I've been in a proper rock/pop-punk mode today, and I haven't got much work done, bar a logo I did this morning. Today has been dedicated to reading up on PHP, Ajax and MySQL. I figured I might branch out in to web design. But I'm reading shit like this...

RiN2W7Bh.jpg

...and I ain't a clue what any of it means. Fuck this.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Eek!

Edit - I changed my mind - I'd just say the whole of Lodger. Low and "Heroes" are more known but I always prefer Lodger.

But my favourite Bowie song was sung by Iggy Pop - Mass Production. It's so bleak! I love it. I just had a google of the lyrics. It's totally a heroin song, but it's just really churny and dramatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqhI1w1CwlQ

Chinner

Banned

you don't have to want.

I've listened to a few of his albums already, but yeah sure.

Screaming Meat said:
Is that because of Metal Gear?

Nope. I've been intending to listen to him for years. Just forced myself, and yeah he is a big cultural icon so it's hard not to miss him referenced somewhere!

moka

See, this is what I need to learn.

Mate. Stop all of this reading malarkey.

Get yourself on a computer and start by actually designing shit. You'll hit a bump or two along the way but it's fairly easy to find solutions to these problems on Google. This is how I recommend you learn web design, I feel like it helps with retaining information. You'll read this book and then when it comes to applying it, you won't know where to start.

Wanna learn SQL? Get MySQL or PostgreSQL installed or something and start messing around with databases. Run queries, do joins, rip your hair out because you don't get joins.

Good luck.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Eek!

Edit - I changed my mind - I'd just say the whole of Lodger. Low and "Heroes" are more known but I always prefer Lodger.

But my favourite Bowie song was sung by Iggy Pop - Mass Production. It's so bleak! I love it. I just had a google of the lyrics. It's totally a heroin song, but it's just really churny and dramatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqhI1w1CwlQ

Oh, Sploat. Iggy is an utter twat.

He's also one of my all-time favourite goddamn frontmen and lyricists. Raw Power is such an amazing record. Evy loves him too. Lust For Life gets her dancing. :D

8bit

Knows the Score
I was going to say something about data vs. presentation but here's some ducks instead. Happy Tuesday kids!

When's Jedeye back, if ever, BTW?

tumblr_ng6pczbvFL1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Hystzen

*pops head in
sees cyanide post a A Day To Remember track starts to contemplate if delete every song of theirs on my iTunes now
Pops out *

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I didn't really care for the PS4 20th anniversary edition (sorry chaps, but frankly it's ugly) but for £20 I wouldn't have complained.

But even such a bargain wouldn't convince me to go back outside in the cold.

Volotaire

I didn't really care for the PS4 20th anniversary edition (sorry chaps, but frankly it's ugly) but for £20 I wouldn't have complained.

But even such a bargain wouldn't convince me to go back outside in the cold.

I could live down 2 weeks of the flu for that. Shame I didn't notice the thread earlier.

Symphonia

Banned
>Ask a simple one-sentence question.
>Get a five-paragraph answer.
>?????
>Profit.

No, I just get told that I talk too much. Riiiight.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
>Type using image board style quotes on a message board.
>Make sure to use the South Park underpants gnome meme.
>Oh wait, this isn't a numbered list so that doesn't work.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
>Ask a simple one-sentence question.
>Get a five-paragraph answer.
>?????
>Profit.

No, I just get told that I talk too much. Riiiight.

I can believe it.

EDIT: To be a bit more constructive... you seem to talk about yourself a lot. Sometimes that is advantageous, other times indulgent. You can't please everybody!

Symphonia

Banned
I'm pretty close now.

You guys always take me for granted. Always take the piss. One day, you'll be sorry. It's better to make friends happy than piss off enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom