• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 2 GC >>>>>>>>>Burnout 3 PS2/XB

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Yes, you have an option from the pause menu to return to the nav screens during any mode, which of course exits you from the current race.

And every race/crash mode in singleplayer has a replay, you've just got to let the footage roll at the race/crash results screen afterward.

BO2 crash mode vs. BO3 crash mode: I don't think much has changed in essence. Both aren't much more than an interesting diversion from the main Burnout racing events and both BO2 and BO3 crash modes have their "perfect lines" for each crash junction which really aren't that hard to figure out. I didn't have any more trouble grabbing golds on most of the BO2 crash junctions than I do on BO3 crash junctions thus far.

And I don't think the x4 multiplier is the biggest culprit for making them seem easy...more like crashbreakers + aftertouch control which gives you a second chance at completing a crash junction "right" rather than having to try again from the start.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm confused. How does the 4x multiplier ruin crash mode? Sure, it might make it easier to get golds, but that doesn't stop multiplayer crash being fun, or simply trying to get a high score.

Assume everyone goes for the 4x as minimum - then you're all on the same baseline, and its a straight battle for points again.

Gregory

Banned
I find it sad how barely anybody cared about Burnout 1-2, which were just as good games as Burnout 3 basically. But now because EA has marketed the hell out of the game everybody loves it and it`s selling like crazy. It`s similar to what happened with GTA3, except GTA3 was a big improvement, BO3 is not.

EA can make any game monstrously big it seems.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Gregory said:
I find it sad how barely anybody cared about Burnout 1-2, which were just as good games as Burnout 3 basically. But now because EA has marketed the hell out of the game everybody loves it and it`s selling like crazy. It`s similar to what happened with GTA3, except GTA3 was a big improvement, BO3 is not.

EA can make any game monstrously big it seems.

People did realize that BO1 and 2 were good games though, just not casual gamers. That really is a benefit of working with EA. They KNOW how to market games and have been very successful in doing it. Come on, slapping "Acclaim" on any game these days (prior to their death, I suppose) was enough to keep it from selling.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
norinrad21 said:
ugh, who allowed EA to release such crap, everything burnout 3 does, BO2 does it much better and with style, minus the online feature.

Burnout 3 on the GC would probably have looked and played better on the GC too.
What a fucking stupid thread. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom