• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 3 - Xbox or PS2?

ElyrionX

So which version will you guys be buying? Has there been any reports on the differences between both versions? I have both consoles so I would probably go with the Xbox version (custom soundtrack, better visuals....).

239298.jpg

IgeL

I think the only negative thing in the Xbox version is that you can't use the right stick for gas/brake like you can in PS2 version (or in an early preview PS2 version at least). And there's no way to customize the controls (probably the same in PS2). Custom soundtracks + Live weigh the balance in Xbox's favor.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
teepo said:
buy the wheel, get burnout3 for the ps2 and wait for gt4.

wazoo said:
ps2 for the wheel

Jesus Christ it's like no one is paying attention around here....

I just found this out today but for some stupid reason, EA has demanded Criterion take the force feedback wheel support out of the game. Thus, Burnout 3 does not support ANY of the Logitech wheels unfortunately

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=11211&page=2&pp=50&highlight=burnout

After playing the PS2 version at E3, I'm very confident in the PS2 version.

Graphics are nice and sharp I haven't seen the Xbox one but sometimes PS2 ports on Xbox look blurry for some reason.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
SolidSnakex said:
It just seems like such a common sense feature that most people think it'll be there (including myself). Although I guess I can thank EA, that's just one less game to get. I wonder if Underground 2 will support it?

Yeah I agree. It does seem like a commen sense feature. But once you get word DIRECTLY from one of the key devs at Criterion that it's not in the game, it's kinda hard not to take what he says at face value. Know what I'm sayin? :(

Why the hell would anyone possibly want the PS2 version if they own both consoles? Xbox version all the way (for the reasons already stated). Plus the PS2 analogue sticks are way too loose for a game like Burnout whereas the Xbox ones are much better and tighter.

Having said that I would not hesitate to pick up the PS2 version if you don't own an Xbox. This game will rock whatever console it's on.

noXbox Live so if I want to play online, PS2 version it it.. Plus it's not like this was ported down from Xbox. Burnout started out as a PS2 game.

isamu

Red Dolphin said:
Why the hell would anyone possibly want the PS2 version if they own both consoles? Xbox version all the way (for the reasons already stated). Plus the PS2 analogue sticks are way too loose for a game like Burnout whereas the Xbox ones are much better and tighter.

Having said that I would not hesitate to pick up the PS2 version if you don't own an Xbox. This game will rock whatever console it's on.

What, even if by small chance, if we find out the PS2 version actually looks better than the Xdude version?

isamu

wazoo said:
isamu said:
Jesus Christ it's like no one is paying attention around here....

/quote]

Why does it mean. No wheel support or no FF support ??

It does not make any sense.

No FF support...which is what all the Logitech wheels have. If you wanna play with a wheel you have to use one of those third party cheap plastic wheel like the Mad Catz MC2...which is also available on the dude.

Forsete

Its not coming out on GC?

Anyway..
SCPH10010U.jpg

With 200+ hours (over half the time spent with the DS2 before I finally bought the wheel) of GT3 and several hours of GT4P, you have to love the DS2 as the best driving controller (other then the Logitech wheel).

Shompola

Banned
fortunately we weren't forced to use the DS2 for 200h just to get used ti :p

Xbox all the way.

" So you can still use the logitech wheel as a regular wheel.

If it true, that is pretty lame."

Logitech wheel is USB!!!!!

ourumov

It will be fun that it appeared later on GC with FF support...(remember the GC has a FF wheel made by logitech no one seems to care about)...

WAIT FOR THE GC version !!!!

ourumov

Just popped my demo copy of Burnout 2 to see if it was SOOOOO great to play with a FF wheel.
Well, I have to admit that it rocks to have some kind of feedback but it is a pain on some tracks.
The Surfers Bay (that track that seems from Vice City and has tons of jumps) is a good example. When your car jumps and you are on the air, the force feedback totally dissapears and then you can move it freely. This sucks since when you land it's not very easy to control the car.

I am sure the game will support the FF wheel unofficially.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Wait... You can play the PS2 version online? Good sh!t.

The PS2 has been the lead platform for all the previous versions.

Same w/ this one?

Shompola

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:

Same w/ this one?

What is your point? PS2 version was also the inferior one in all the previous versions of the game series.

DaCocoBrova said:

Same w/ this one?

I think with this version they were pretty much developed simultaneously unlike previous versions of the game. So there's very little chance of the PS2 version being better then the XBox version as its not a port but developed from the ground up on both platforms. Burnout 1 and 2 were still better graphically on Xbox even though they were just ports. Its always been pretty minor anyway so I don't think anyone is going to be disapointed with the PS2 version. What I do hate is the Dual Shock's shitty analogue sticks. You need precision analogue sticks for games like Burnout and the Dual Shocks just don't cut it IMO. GCN controller was also excellent for past Burnout games.

wazoo

You can poll pretty much everybody on this board and have a 99% for xbox, the end result will that most of the sales of Burnout 3 will be on ps2, considering most Burnout sales come from Europe, aka Sony's land.

isamu

wazoo said:
You can poll pretty much everybody on this board and have a 99% for xbox, the end result will that most of the sales of Burnout 3 will be on ps2, considering most Burnout sales come from Europe, aka Sony's land.

Don't forget the Socom II players that will be giving Socom II a much needed break in favor of BO3. PS2's online userbase is ENORMOUS!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
wazoo said:

Well, I believe there are quite a few people on this board who actually have a choice (ie they own both a PS2 and XBox). Most people don't have that choice though, and most people own a PS2. Not just in Europe, but in the US as well.

isamu

Take this with a grain of salt....

...and I hope you're sitting down......

I just read on another forum....that Sega and Criterion have secretly been working together on both BO3 and OR2!!!!

According to what this guy(who is sworn to secrecy and made me promise not to mention what the name of the forum is...it's not NTSC-Uk btw) says...we will be able to incorporate OutRun 2 into BurnOut 3 and vice versa! Supposedly, if you own BO3, you will be able to import OR2's tracks and cars into BO3 and use them online and in crash mode! Or....if you own OR2, you will be able to import BO3's cars and tracks, race them online and use them during all the extra modes like Heart, etc!!! OR2 and BO3 owners will alledgedly be able to RACE EACH OTHER online regardless of which game you own!!!!!!!!!!!!

More on this later...I am in shock!!!!!! I literally can't move!!!!!!!!!!!

shuri

Banned
The clerk at OfficeDepot also told me we'll be able to import Mechs from Steel Battaillon. More on this later today

edit: i'll be getting the xbox version

Shompola

Banned
that sounds a little bit too far fetched. importing licensed stuff i.e. ferrari cars into anohter game sounds a bit weird.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
PS2 version for me, mainly because I don't own an Xbox :p.

But if I had to choose one of the two if I owned both consoles, I'd still choose the PS2 version. The reason i'd choose it is online, I refuse to pay a monthly (or yearly) fee for online gaming on top of my internet bill.

Top Bottom