• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

e90Mark

WTS

The Good Dinosaur Digital Movie - SOLD

i5 6600k - Used, 2 months old. $220 shipped

19-117-561-TS

Hey everyone! Going through the thread now that I am home from work I look and realize the community at large has made their decision on what was true or not and there’s probably no proof that I can produce that will possibly prove what I said or change anyone’s opinion on my posts. Hell, I know that what I’m saying might not be clear, especially on the internet. And I don't blame any whatsoever for not believing me. What I can give to provide some backing to what I'm saying is a screen grab of my order at Best Buy which is all I really have on my end to show what I’m saying (linked below).

http://i.imgur.com/fklhTPV.png?1

I simply thought, based upon comparing my communication from Best Buy during the day to others I’d read around the internet, that I was assured a copy of the game and posted too far in advance of having it in my hands. The issue as I was told by the store as I was picking my item up was simply they over sold their available stock, even after I had received multiple emails that my item would be ready on 2/19 (the multiple emails should have alerted me something was up as I haven’t ever encountered that with Best Buy in-store pickups in the past). I was offered a $20 gift card and took it as a token from the store. I never circled back on the forums because I was pretty upset about it in all honesty and we also had a family outing for my daughter that night so other responsibilities took priority.

I’ve been a part of the buying and selling community for a long time with lots of good feedback (hell I even took part in the curation and creation of the feedback list for a time), and feeling like I’ve lost the trust of the community is pretty hard for me. I like to think that I’ve dealt with the community respectfully over the years and have really tried to be an upstanding part of it.

With that being said, I want to show the B/S/T community what it means to me. The only way I could think of doing that was to raffle off something (I think that’s allowed?). $80 in Nintendo eShop gift cards. This should cover the cost for one person of the entire Fire Emblem Fates experience (at least digitally). Your choice of the full version of Birthright or Conquest, the DLC version of Birthright or Conquest, and the upcoming Revelation DLC.

To enter into this raffle just PM me between now and 9pm EST tomorrow. In the event that you don’t have a 3DS or Wii U you can choose to receive a PSN or XBL card for that same amount. Just let me know in the PM if you want the PSN or XBL card instead of the eShop card and we'll make it work. I will randomly choose one winner and I’ll announce who has won here in the thread tomorrow, and PM them their prize. I do value the community and would not want to break that trust and bond. Thanks everyone for letting me be a part of it.

Hey everyone! Going through the thread now that I am home from work I look and realize the community at large has made their decision on what was true or not and there’s probably no proof that I can produce that will possibly prove what I said or change anyone’s opinion on my posts. Hell, I know that what I’m saying might not be clear, especially on the internet. And I don't blame any whatsoever for not believing me. What I can give to provide some backing to what I'm saying is a screen grab of my order at Best Buy which is all I really have on my end to show what I’m saying (linked below).

I simply thought, based upon comparing my communication from Best Buy during the day to others I’d read around the internet, that I was assured a copy of the game and posted too far in advance of having it in my hands. The issue as I was told by the store as I was picking my item up was simply they over sold their available stock, even after I had received multiple emails that my item would be ready on 2/19 (the multiple emails should have alerted me something was up as I haven’t ever encountered that with Best Buy in-store pickups in the past). I was offered a $20 gift card and took it as a token from the store. I never circled back on the forums because I was pretty upset about it in all honesty and we also had a family outing for my daughter that night so other responsibilities took priority.

I’ve been a part of the buying and selling community for a long time with lots of good feedback (hell I even took part in the curation and creation of the feedback list for a time), and feeling like I’ve lost the trust of the community is pretty hard for me. I like to think that I’ve dealt with the community respectfully over the years and have really tried to be an upstanding part of it.

With that being said, I want to show the B/S/T community what it means to me. The only way I could think of doing that was to raffle off something (I think that’s allowed?). $80 in Nintendo eShop gift cards. This should cover the cost for one person of the entire Fire Emblem Fates experience (at least digitally). Your choice of the full version of Birthright or Conquest, the DLC version of Birthright or Conquest, and the upcoming Revelation DLC.

To enter into this raffle just PM me between now and 9pm EST tomorrow. In the event that you don’t have a 3DS or Wii U you can choose to receive a PSN or XBL card for that same amount. Just let me know in the PM if you want the PSN or XBL card instead of the eShop card and we'll make it work. I will randomly choose one winner and I’ll announce who has won here in the thread tomorrow, and PM them their prize. I do value the community and would not want to break that trust and bond. Thanks everyone for letting me be a part of it.

I'm with the other guy. It's not needed.

Do you have any kind of refund receipt? They would have refunded you right? Could you not post that? If you paid with a debit card, could you take a PARTIAL screen shot of your account showing the refunded amount?

You don't have to, but I would settle for that for sure.

AzerPhire

I technically did, though. He offered to buy and I offered to sell. I just revoked my offer when I found out he deserved negative feedback for his scheming.

I don't see how that should qualify for negative feedback. He did nothing to warrant it in the case of trying to buy your DS.

Flandy

I'm with the other guy. It's not needed.

Do you have any kind of refund receipt? They would have refunded you right? Could you not post that? If you paid with a debit card, could you take a PARTIAL screen shot of your account showing the refunded amount?

You don't have to, but I would settle for that for sure.

Click the imgur link :p

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
All those Nvidia vouchers that have Rainbow Six are Expiring soon!

WTB- Rainbow Six:Siege PC for 20$

PM if you have a copy for sale at that price!

Aselith

This situation seems like the game buying equivalent of posting "first" in a thread and ending up not being first. Really no reason to post it and it can only cause you harm. But, I think most people just gave it a sensible chuckle and moved on.

Soulflarz

Banned
All for refund receipt, in the case you're being honest, really, no need to raffle to us, I mean yeah, if what you're saying is true :x

zulux21

count me in the group that while I would love to win some gaming credit, don't feel a raffle is needed (and wouldn't blame you one bit if you pulled back the offer of a raffle)

WTS:
PS3 60 GB Model (The 60 GB HDD has been replaced with a 250 GB HDD)
Firmware is Habib 4.55 with Cobra
CECHA01 model made in Japan
PS3 has played a total of 3 games in it's entire lifespan. Comes with 1 Sixaxis controller.
One week into owning this, someone came into my dorm room and tripped over a cable, knocking my PS3 down (it fell a foot). The tray that covers the media card slots broke off. As well, there are your usual scuffs and such you'd expect on a 10+ year old system. System works fine however.
Continental US Only. Make an Offer.

Dell Venue 8 Pro Model 5830 (64 GB) - $100
Continental US Only. Shipping included.
Comes with a slim-shell cover case. Love this tablet, but it has been gathering dust for months now.

WTB:
The Division PC Key

bigkurz

Banned
WTB fire emblem fates special edition. Help a brother out....I've had two cancelled orders from Best Buy :/

Willing to pay above MSRP...but don't make it too bad.

WTS

I am upgrading my NAS and want to sell my DS212J. I will go ahead and include the 2 1.5TB drives (I think they are WD green drives). Please PM me if you are interested.

NeoGAF Plus Seller! I'll be listing more items in the coming days, but as of right now, the only item I have to list is:

$30 Straight Talk Wireless Refill Card (1500 minutes, Unlimited Text, 100 MB Data) for $25 OBO

This was purchased incorrectly by my parents, so I'm trying to sell this card for them. This cannot be used for smartphones. I can email the code, though I doubt anyone here is actually interested in this.

//ARCANUM

I also agree that i don't think a raffle is necessary and I believe you. (Still gonna PM you cause if you're gonna do it, I'm gonna try and win! lol). But yeah, I think you made a mistake with the first post, and things got blown out of proportion. Shit happens. I feel bad that best buy screwed you. I'm sorry man.

WTB fire emblem fates special edition. Help a brother out....I've had two cancelled orders from Best Buy :/

Willing to pay above MSRP...but don't make it too bad.

Also, someone please help this person! I had an extra copy that I was gonna sell to him/her but then best buy cancelled my order. Big surprise, right? So yeah, please help him/her out!!!

Stimpack

WTB: GTX 970 for $200 Paypal.

Located in California.

I have two successful transactions so far, but I believe they haven't been listed, yet.

Neifirst

WTS

Playstation TV with Lego Movie digital game code + 8GB memory card: $30 shipped to US

I can ship as early as Friday; please PM if interested and thanks!

* pending out *

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

I rescind the negative buyer feedback I left you. Don't sweat the raffle. Bad luck.

I've been watching this whole series of events unfold and have kept my mouth shut, but now it's time to unbottle some things.

Mike has been an upstanding member of the BST thread for as long as I've been watching (many years) and I've had some wonderful transactions with him. Apparently none of that mattered. It's a fact Best Buy is shitty and untrustworthy with preorders, but, again, that didn't matter.

This was a witch hunt, plain and simple, and some of you posters should be ashamed.

This is another series of events that have signaled the overall slow decline of the BST thread. There have been a few bad eggs throughout the years, but they are very few and far between. And if anyone had taken 60 seconds to look at the Feedback List, they'd know Mike was not one of them.

And then there's the matter of no actions being taken to clean up this thread. For what seems like a year now several times it has been noted that this thread is becoming cluttered and hard to read, with no solution implemented.

Every day I have to scroll past tons of feedback posts and "WTB" posts to find things people are actually trying to sell. I feel now is a time we all look at this thread, which does mean something to us, and help make it a better marketplace and a better representation of NeoGAF as a whole.

I do not discount cloggerdude's work, nor any of the other volunteers who tirelessly update the Feedback List. They are heroes to this thread, giving up their free time for what is a hard and thankless job. However, there is some bad juju bubbling under the surface and we need to band together to fix these matters, not jump at each other's throats.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's a long post for someone who could have spoken up yet chose to keep quiet, until the tide started to change.

Asking again...

If anyone has either the Power Up or Boo New 3DS Cover Plates, please pm me! Trying to track either of these down and having a hard time, other than eBay where they go for $100+

Thanks.

Also selling a $20 GameStop online only code for $15.

WTT
Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS PAL(new) for Bravely Default PAL
(I can add some quids)
(I don't mind if it's opened but in really good conditions,with box and art).

WTS

Some games that I didn't open and came with my consoles, I can upload pictures on request.
3DS
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS PAL (new, came with the console, never opened) ~£20
http://i.imgur.com/q8l79Cu.jpg
-Xenoblade Cover plates for n3DS (also never opened, came with the console) ~Make me an offer I have no idea for the price.
http://i.imgur.com/Jcxb7QQ.jpg
PS4
-Metal gear solid V: TPP (new, came with the console, never open) ~£18
-Terraria PS4 £9

Star Wars 4 Classic Games Download Code for PSN NA ~$12
Shipping is +£3 (for tracking, I'm in UK), will post next day.
Paypal gift or buyer pay fees.

WTS

Digital Games:
-Trine 3: Artifacts of Power (Steam) -$1 (Paypal)
-Retro City Rampage, Outlast, Never Alone + Foxtales DLC (Steam) -$1 (Paypal)
-Valkyria Chronicles (Steam gift) -$7.50 (Paypal)
-Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - GoTY (Steam gift) -$2 (Paypal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom