• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

antitrop

MW2s campaign was hilariously bad, sorry

Yeah, it was sort of a joke. All I remember is the mockery and the memes at release.

6BvNRzr.jpg

Gaz_RB

I miss the days when military shooters actually had good single player campaigns.

I feel like the bar just keeps rising. If COD Ghosts would have came out first instead of COD4, then it would have been lauded as having a great campaign. At this point i think people are just getting tired of it.

i read it as, MW2 was good, this was the weakest one out of the ones that came after mw2

I read it as "weakest effort since MW2" meaning before Ghosts, MW2 was the weakest one.

Review barely scratched the surface and didn't give many reasons why it was so weak.

MW2s campaign was hilariously bad, sorry

I enjoyed it. In fact I think it's one of the best COD campaigns. CoD4 > CoD2 > MW2 > CoD > etc.

antitrop

Anyone who hates the "NOW HEAD BACK TO THE BURGER TOWN" tone, just doesn't get it, man.

It was an amazing pastiche, MW3 was an noisy joke.

MW2 was leaps and bounds over MW3, that's for sure. I don't hate MW2, I enjoyed it for what it was, but what it was was fucking ridiculous. It started the downward trend of the series into utter insanity and incoherence.

Xanadu

Banned
I read it as "weakest effort since MW2" meaning before Ghosts, MW2 was the weakest one.

Review barely scratched the surface and didn't give many reasons why it was so weak.

I enjoyed it. In fact I think it's one of the best COD campaigns. CoD4 > CoD2 > MW2 > CoD > etc.

its probably nostalgia more than anything but man i loved the shit out of cod1s campaign, but yes MW2 is better than 3

okayfrog

Banned

Dude, CoD2 had the weakest CoD campaign. It was so boring and forgettable. They managed somehow to make D-Day uninteresting, I really don't know how. And the game ended with absolutely nothing.

CoD's campaign, on the other hand, was great. Shooting down the planes, rescuing Price (I think it was Price) under the time limit, defending the disintegrating building, the trenches, going into Stalingrad without a weapon, really, so much better and memorable than CoD2's.

Dude, CoD2 had the weakest CoD campaign. It was so boring and forgettable. They managed somehow to make D-Day uninteresting, I really don't know how. And the game ended with absolutely nothing.

I am stunned this opinion exists. Stunned.

CoD2s single player is one of the best fps single players ever.

okayfrog

Banned
Maybe it's 'cause I played through CoD2's campaign for the first time last year and hold no nostalgia toward it that I'm able to see just how mediocre it is, iunno.

Gorillaz

Watching the opening for this so hilarious.......the voices for the
father and son
literally sound the same. Like they are saving money and just using the same voice actor.

CoD's campaign, on the other hand, was great. Shooting down the planes, rescuing Price (I think it was Price) under the time limit, defending the disintegrating building, the trenches, going into Stalingrad without a weapon, really, so much better and memorable than CoD2's.

I completely disagree. CoD2 had a great campaign. Pointe du Hoc was intense, Hill 400 was great, in fact most of the missions were intense.

CoD had a lot of filler but enough memorable moments and fun enough gameplay for me to rank it among the top 4.

I heard MOH:WF was better.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Edit: Yep, sarcasm. Remembered who you were replying to.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone finding the mouse control on PC to be very jittery at all ? It's doing my head in.

Also, do you have to unlock Squads mode ? I can't find the bastard on the menus anywhere! EDIT - Never mind, had to click the 'main menu' option to bring up the Squads option, doh.

Riposte

MW2's campaign was a good kind of crazy. You really couldn't ask more for the kind of game it is (I'd sooner complain about what the game ultimately is than its scenario, which is only enhanced by the crazy twists, shock moments, scenery, music, etc.). They were really hungry trying to top MW1, also in respects to multiplayer, and it was way more entertaining than it should have been. I actually don't see what's so special about MW1's campaign; I didn't miss the enemy closets in MW2.

EDIT: This was probably my favorite YouTube video at the time it came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKDHCVJWAww

So why is everyone lining up for Ghosts? I work at Walmart and everyone was lining up for the event. It looked and played exactly the same as the last one.

I don't want this game, I have FM 2014, NBA and GTA to keep me happy yet I can't help but feel I have to buy it!

I've had every cod day ONE since COD 4.

Nothing like an anti-climactic game launch to get you in the mood.

Waited for 5 hours while Steam took it's sweet time downloading the game, downloaded an additional 24 GB for multiplayer after I thought I was finished, and fought with a VPN to unlock the game only to have it run choppy as hell on an i7 & 7970 with audio that intermittently cuts out.

In all fairness, I think I'm just due for a shitty experience as I haven't had issues with a PC game in a while.

Excuse me but MW2's Gulag mission was hawt ok

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
MW2 was leaps and bounds over MW3, that's for sure. I don't hate MW2, I enjoyed it for what it was, but what it was was fucking ridiculous. It started the downward trend of the series into utter insanity and incoherence.

What I hated about MW2 was how the maps in online were designed for constant corner camping with the heart beat sensor. :/

Top Bottom