• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Did my PS3 just die on me RIGHT before Ghosts? Ugh. It keeps on flashing the red blinking light and shuts off within a minute of the console being on. Second time this has happened... I will give it an hour to cool down, I got the window open and it has room to ventilate, a lot of it...

TaKeRx

Is there a marketplace link force digital xbox version yet? I'm still at work so hopefully I can start downloading it before I get home.

elektrixx

Banned
During video with the loading bar at the bottom, video continues to play in slow motion once the load ends. Already a major bug before reaching gameplay. This happens on every video.

i5 2500K
GTX 670 4GB
8GB RAM
Ultra/Max

Did my PS3 just die on me RIGHT before Ghosts? Ugh. It keeps on flashing the red blinking light and shuts off within a minute of the console being on. Second time this has happened... I will give it an hour to cool down, I got the window open and it has room to ventilate, a lot of it...

Yeah, this happened to me. Thing was toast.

yeah the maps are really huge, jeez 0_o, i'd kill for ground war type player numbers :(
will next gen at least have 8 vs 8 or 9 vs 9 or hell i'll take 10 vs 10

at least i got infected

MW2 was GOAT, hype was met.

Gorillaz

Yeah, this happened to me. Thing was toast.
Yea, my ps3 is acting like it's on it's last leg so I might not even redbox it if this is common

Riposte

There were a lot of builds you could make work in MW2. All the "pin point enemy" like heartbeat sensor stuff actually worked in your favor if you rolled true stealth.

Bishop89

why is everyones ps3's blowing up?

No wonder they had to tone down the player count. Ghosts is too next gen for current systems.

teokrazia

oALYrge.jpg

Yes, that's my boy!

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
Serious question. Are some of these maps remakes of MW3 maps?

http://www.twitch.tv/evilgamer

This level looks just like the shopping mall. It has the courtyard and many of the same sightlines

NM - map ended. Damn.

Update - map is called Stormfront. Seriously, compare it to Arkaden and tell me there aren't some glaring similarities.

Tamanon

Banned
Felt slightly bad shooting a dog in the back in multiplayer, but at least the 600 XP soothed the pain!

I'm liking the snipers thus far. It seems that your character stands out a lot more in windows, but the sniping itself is pretty effective. I don't quickscope at all.

The unlock system seems really weird. There's no real feel that the first guy/kit you select will lock you in for a while.

Korten

Banned
It just happened. Coincidentally, I guess. I doubt a game would give my console the YLOD. I hadn't even loaded it, it isn't up in the west coast yet.

Well that sucks. :( I remember when I put in Toy Story 3 in to my ps3 (got it as part of my parents getting a slim bundle with TS1/2 Blu-ray and the 3rd game) and it gave me a YLOD shortly after loading it up.

Lost a lot of data... But at least once I got my PS3 back TS3 actually wasn't that bad of a game! So at least I didn't lose my data to a really bad game. D:

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
the streams and videos make the game look unappealing. Like some bastard child spawned by mw and black ops. maybe this will be the year I try out a battlefield game.

Nokterian

I have a feeling this will sell one of the weakest of all CoD. I am looking at the Steam stats now. Yes it's early in the morning here in europe. Don't know what it look like tonight but at this point around 5000 people playing multiplayer. Some modes didn't even have players when i played it.

Think I'm gonna leave it this time around in terms of day one.

I'll keep an eye on peoples impressions, so far I don't like what I read or see if I had nothing to play I'd probably get it.

Blops 1 was the last good COD for me.

I have a feeling this will sell one of the weakest of all CoD. I am looking at the Steam stats now. Yes it's early in the morning here in europe. Don't know what it look like tonight but at this point around 5000 people playing multiplayer. Some modes didn't even have players when i played it.
Pretty sure it held the record for preorders, even beating out GTA5. It's also on more platforms. It will easily break the records.

Nabs

It's still not unlocked for a lot of people in the states, and I'm guessing a good portion of the people who bought the game can't even run it.

Top Bottom