• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Well that is good for you i guess but i'm by far not the only one who doesn't want to play the same shit every single year again. (just look at the review thread)
As i said i LOVED the Call of Duty franchise but devs really need a wake up call, CoD needs to change and improve.

Also have you seen that you need 6GB of RAM just to play the game on PC? it doesn't even use half of it, BF4 needs 4GB and Ghosts needs almost 50GB of free space. Do you think that is ok? imo it is not, it's just lazy and terrible programming. I have no sympathy for such devs.

Then don't play it, but why shit the thread up with 3828292 posts about how much you hate IW and how you won't be buying it?

And no, I didn't know that. I couldn't care less about the PC version because I don't have the extra money to throw at a gaming PC.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Then don't play it, but why shit the thread up with 3828292 posts about how much you hate IW and how you won't be buying it?

And no, I didn't know that. I couldn't care less about the PC version because I don't have the extra money to throw at a gaming PC.

Damn man, I don't shit up anything, i have less then 10 posts in this thread. It's just my opinion.

Teknoman

Really like the slides too. That on the map with the boxcars and crates made it feel like a well playing brink at times lol.

You haven't played the game. How do you know it's the same shit? Some people feel that way, some don't. But all of those people have played it. You have not.

Reactions are mixed. I'm not sure where you're pulling the opinion of a game you haven't played from.

I loved CoD4, loved MW2, hated MW3 and BO. BO2 was a huge yawn for me. I'm glad they tried to open maps up and try something a bit different this time.

Guys any advice for a new setup? I'm getting slaughtered and have like 5-16 k/d ratio. I can't seem to aim at all. Just played with the starter SMG so far. Should I go for assault rifles perhaps?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, playing on PC if that makes any difference

Teknoman

I bet that castle map looks beautiful on the next gen versions / PC.

On that note, how does the Wii U version compare graphically to the PS3/360? Would've snagged it on that...but most of my friends are on PS3.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You haven't played the game. How do you know it's the same shit? Some people feel that way, some don't. But all of those people have played it. You have not.

Reactions are mixed. I'm not sure where you're pulling the opinion of a game you haven't played from.

I loved CoD4, loved MW2, hated MW3 and BO. BO2 was a huge yawn for me. I'm glad they tried to open maps up and try something a bit different this time.

I have seen plenty of videos to know that or are you trying to say it does something completely new when all the reviews i've read say it's the same?

Anyway i'm done, let's not shit this thread up. If you want to keep it going then shoot me a PM.

Guys any advice for a new setup? I'm getting slaughtered and have like 5-16 k/d ratio. I can't seem to aim at all. Just played with the starter SMG so far. Should I go for assault rifles perhaps?

I'm just running the default honeybadger class. Got like a 1.75 k/d. So I guess try that? I removed the grenades and tacticals for more perks though.

I bet that castle map looks beautiful on the next gen versions / PC.

On that note, how does the Wii U version compare graphically to the PS3/360? Would've snagged it on that...but most of my friends are on PS3.

Yeah, that map is pretty well made. Same with the one with all of the flooding and the tank factoru. Liking the variety of the maps thus far.

HPhins54

Neo Member

So far I've used the SA-805 AR with red dot and silencer the most. Reminds me of the ACR. I'm pretty happy with it. Decent power and good accuracy.

I'm getting more familiar with the game. It feels smoother to me now. I like the fact that they stuck with the points system similar to Blops 2. I never use the slide or lean features. Like I said previously, people seem to die quicker. It feels like every gun has stopping power. Personally, I like it better this way. The spawns are awful, but I'm sure they'll be fixed.

I have mixed feelings about the maps. I'm definitely not a fan of Stonehaven.

TCRS

Banned
Wow, based on the first wave of reviews, this is looking like the lowest-rated COD since COD3, and the lowest rated IW-made COD ever.

are those reviews based on the campaign or mp too? I couldn't care less about the sp campaign, I just want a fun mp.

This is horrible, I didn't take into account the fact that my fiance hates killing animals digitally, was it MW2 where you could shoot chickens in cages? She literally got angry at me for doing so.

She actually really enjoyed playing BLOPS2 with me co-op, and even played on her own, online. I think I should warn her that dogs will be killed here, though it's probably going to put her off the game entirely.

Teknoman

Yeah not sure how often i'll use lean since they made it contextual... slide is kinda cool to hurry and get behind cover. Hell of alot better than diving...but I havent caught onto mantling yet.

are those reviews based on the campaign or mp too? I couldn't care less about the sp campaign, I just want a fun mp.

I'm going through them now. I can't imagine they would review a COD game without bothering to play the MP, which is the reason 99% of people play it.

That said, personally speaking, after looking at the comparison videos between current gen and next gen, I'm a little disappointed that while the SP gets a nice boost in image fidelity, the MP basically looks exactly the goddamn same.

EDIT: Yep, those scores are factors in multiplayer

Tak3n

Banned
/Rant On

I am sorry but I have to Rant

1st. for a PC game this looks poor, in MP almost unacceptable despite me having everything cranked up

2nd. Why does it feel like I am running through treacle?

3rd. 18 players was a basic LIE, only one mode is 18 players and that has only 200 players in it

4th. Do you not think with the maps being sooooooo open with exits and entrances everywhere it would not of hurt them to make it a bit harder to kill each other would it?

5th. The PC community in Europe is dead before it started, it is release day, and there is currently 8000 players on at 10.30am across a population of 733 Million, the Clan mode has 'zero' players BTW

/rant off

in summary, IMO against BF4 this is am embarrassment, how it scored higher than 5's I have no idea, they have simply made little to no effort at all, it is a cash grab

Lunchbox

Banned
This is horrible, I didn't take into account the fact that my fiance hates killing animals digitally, was it MW2 where you could shoot chickens in cages? She literally got angry at me for doing so.

She actually really enjoyed playing BLOPS2 with me co-op, and even played on her own, online. I think I should warn her that dogs will be killed here, though it's probably going to put her off the game entirely.

humans getting shot and throats getting slit every 5 seconds

but poor chickens awww. who cares if I had you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. you poor animal you

Lyonaz

Anyone have any sound stuttering issue at the loading screen when it's done loading on higher video settings on PC? When I switch back to optimal video setting it doesn't occur, but those settings are balls. :(

Is this running just awfully for anyone else on PC? I'm playing on my laptop but I can run BF4 on Med-High settings with around 50-60 fps consistently. With this I'm dropping from the mid 50's to 30's constantly. And that's with most the settings turned down.
Not just you, seems like an extremely bad port. Even the menus are lagging for me.

BF4 is a cake compared to this.

Not just you, seems like an extremely bad port. Even the menus are lagging for me.

BF4 is a cake compared to this.

There's this hint of blurriness to things that I don't like. Thank God I didn't pay full price for the PC version - I might double-dip for the PS4 edition just to see how it compares on consoles.

Still, despite the graphical issues, the maps are ok ( I like them big ), I like the fact that people aren't bullet-sponges, and no lag- or stuttering-issues for me. Will keep playing this for a bit to decide whether I stick with it.

Still, between this and BF4 there really isn't a contest. BF4 is absolutely amazing on PC, and has a big community to boot.

RedAssedApe

Banned
the pc and ps4 reports are interesting. so is xbox 360 lead sku and everything else a port? hence all these reviews say ps4 stutters and gaffers reporting performance issues on their high-end pcs? :\

humans getting shot and throats getting slit every 5 seconds

but poor chickens awww. who cares if I had you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. you poor animal you

Well I'm sorry my fiance isn't a soulless, psychotic android super-soldier from the 80s..

Anyways, going to get the hardened edition, on PS3, and hope to upgrade to PS4 once it drops. though I don't expect the visuals to jump as aggressively from PS3 to PS4 as Battlefield 4 would do.

Tak3n

Banned
well if you want to be badass get the chainsaw gun

however it is not for the OMG my K/D ratio, as it is a fun weapon, you just walk around trying to mow people down...

it has no ADS so you die a lot

Tak3n

Banned
I see the usual Activision bullshit is back in force

Pre order and play a bonus map 'FreeFall'

Game Launch

Activision go....

What we actually meant you can play a moshpit mode where you will be forced to play modes you wont want to and maps you may not like just to get the chance to play Freefall once every 6 rotations or so!

Daffy Duck

/Rant On

5th. The PC community in Europe is dead before it started, it is release day, and there is currently 8000 players on at 10.30am across a population of 733 Million, the Clan mode has 'zero' players BTW

/rant off

Ever think, that the majority of the population are at work and not taking time off to play a video game?

legacyzero

Banned
STILL no key from GMG

:/

EDIT: OH FUCK.

UPDATE 5-11-13: We have temporarily run out of keys however we will ensure that you will get your keys within the next 24 hours. We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause.

fucking pissed.

STILL no key from GMG

:/

Really? I got mine at 10 to 10 last night man, chase them up! Have you checked your game tab in your account, or just your emails?

I haven't even got it downloaded yet man, and I won't be playing it until the evening. It's only lunch time here in the UK, give it a chance haha. If it's dead tonight then yea, ouch, but teenagers are at school, adults are at work, give it time.

UPDATE 5-11-13: We have temporarily run out of keys however we will ensure that you will get your keys within the next 24 hours. We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause.

Oh, fuck that.

CRS

Yeah just got mine a couple minutes ago

Er does "creating local game cache files" take forever or is it just me?

The game is huge so it'll take a while. Just let it do its thing.

And yeah, pissed about GMG. I saved $12 so it's not too bad but its still unacceptable that they were still taking orders after running out of keys.

MrDaravon

Any GAFers have impressions of Extinction mode? Prior to all of this mess I was getting the game because of a friend who was really hyped to play that mode with me, I'm trying to get out of it pretty bad >_>

Ok guys its day 1 (or 2 has started here now in NZ techically).... whats the already OP gun and set-up I should be using to dominatez???

So sad Demolition is gone, its all I played. Why CoD why? I've just been playing Blitz so far.

Tak3n

Banned
Any GAFers have impressions of Extinction mode? Prior to all of this mess I was getting the game because of a friend who was really hyped to play that mode with me, I'm trying to get out of it pretty bad >_>

it's 'allright' the Aliens move a lot faster than I imagined, running out of ammo is the big killer...

each hive gets progressively harder, but it is essentially the same thing over and over and over

Tak3n

Banned
Ok guys its day 1 (or 2 has started here now in NZ techically).... whats the already OP gun and set-up I should be using to dominatez???

So sad Demolition is gone, its all I played. Why CoD why? I've just been playing Blitz so far.

Assault rifle SC2010

you get it straight off, that is all I am seeing is assault rifles, so clearly the balance is off...

That is why I am playing chainsaw... best fun weapon by a mile

bryanee

Sorry for the shit webcam quality but I don't own a camera.

ei5g.jpg

sne0.jpg

xape.jpg

Top Bottom