• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

i7ugHRgECOWFx.jpg
This is too perfect.

Just beaten the two first levels.

I have to say that technically is pure garbage compared to BF4, we already knew that, but man, I love how it plays.

HiiiLife

I got one of those Helo Scout killstreaks while playing Squads and all I could do was laugh at how useless it was. All I could see was trees and bushes and shit!

I don't even wanna put the effort to try for it, even if it's in support. Lol. There's no reason the maps should be this big. Especially when it's only 6 v 6.

Swear these maps are Turbine big. What a turn off.

Tsundere

Banned
Just got my PS4 version at Best Buy.

Some guy waited 2 hours outside for the Xbox One version that isn't even out today, lol.

Cornbread78

I work retail 9 (non-gamestop) PT and last night was really weird for a CoD release night. We only had 1 call for it prior to 12am and nobody was in line to try and get a limited edition. (presti./hard.) It's by far the slowest launch I'ev ever seen. Are people waiting for the next gen versions?

Surprised at how nice this game looks, after some of the screens I've saw in lead up. Played the first two levels, seems good, no slowdown during the crazy moments. Anyone else experiencing weird audio stuttering exactly half way through each loading cutscene though? Played a round of extinction there too, and I think me and my friends could have a blast playing that.

Portugeezer

Where the fuck is Search and Destroy?

Was watching a video and it only has Search and Rescue, I thought SnD would still be in... ?

Guys what about those "squad" battles that you could do offline? Are they ingame? Do you need actual people in squad or just bots you create?

smr00

Banned
Well I'm sorry my fiance isn't a soulless, psychotic android super-soldier from the 80s..

Anyways, going to get the hardened edition, on PS3, and hope to upgrade to PS4 once it drops. though I don't expect the visuals to jump as aggressively from PS3 to PS4 as Battlefield 4 would do.
I have to agree with the other guy.

She is totally ok with mass murdering people but when a chicken gets shot all hell breaks loose? It's a video game. I don't see why anyone would be ok with mass murdering people but not ok with shooting a chicken.

Toski

Just got this game for PC, and its not even making my 7970s sweat. I like the intro movie on the SP, very slick looking.

/Rant On

I am sorry but I have to Rant

1st. for a PC game this looks poor, in MP almost unacceptable despite me having everything cranked up

2nd. Why does it feel like I am running through treacle?

3rd. 18 players was a basic LIE, only one mode is 18 players and that has only 200 players in it

4th. Do you not think with the maps being sooooooo open with exits and entrances everywhere it would not of hurt them to make it a bit harder to kill each other would it?

5th. The PC community in Europe is dead before it started, it is release day, and there is currently 8000 players on at 10.30am across a population of 733 Million, the Clan mode has 'zero' players BTW

/rant off

in summary, IMO against BF4 this is am embarrassment, how it scored higher than 5's I have no idea, they have simply made little to no effort at all, it is a cash grab

8000 isn't bad. Wii U was around 350 when I was playing 15 minutes ago.

Guys what about those "squad" battles that you could do offline? Are they ingame? Do you need actual people in squad or just bots you create?

Yea, it can just be bots. Looks pretty malleable. Just you and bots vs bots, you and bots vs friend and bots, you and friend and bots vs bots, and so on. I've only did campaign and extinction so far, but I'll be giving squads a go soon.

Shady859

Lol at 1st page, instant classics to be had!

A guy at my work took a vacation day to get this at midnight. Texted him at like 5am asked how it is and he said its awesome he loving it so far. Asked what level he was and how the new modes were and this fool playing SP. He always talks bout CoD but turns out he rarely touches MP. What a waste of $60.... Lol redbox and move along...

I'm going to grab a nap then go get my 360 and ps4 copies. Modders still running wild???? Another reason I pumped for PS4: no modders plus rapid fire controls and drop shot bitches will be few and far between for awhile.

AEREC

According to the Giant Bomb review you can only play Search and Destroy in private games.

Which is surprising as it's quite a popular mode.

Wait...so there is not other round based yolo mode? That would be may main reason for getting the MP...skipped BLOPs2.

Also there is no theater mode correct?

Shady859

According to the Giant Bomb review you can only play Search and Destroy in private games.

Which is surprising as it's quite a popular mode.

Oh snap!!!! That is huge, I have a friend who plays search as like 90% his CoD. He will freak when he loads it up.

This game still has online splitscreen right? Just want to make sure my wife and I can both play online. Would be dumb if they randomly took it out.

This game still has online splitscreen right? Just want to make sure my wife and I can both play online. Would be dumb if they randomly took it out.

On console haha. It actually just occurred to me that they don't put split screen in for the PC version. I'm not too bothered since I didn't buy it for this purpose, but I sure didn't know either. Played some extinction and thought "Hmm, I have a friend who might like to play a bit of this with me", but I had a look and apparently no split for PC. Crazy in this day and age, especially with all the big picture and controller support pushes from valve in the last year.

aku:jiki

Aw, what the fuck... XBL won't let me download the patch to save my life. Just brings up an empty "update required" window. :(

Yeah!

I mean S&R seems like a decent twist but I still need my classic S&D!
They removed Demolition too? It, Dom and S&D are like the top three hardcore fan playlists, screwing with 2 of them seems like a bad idea.

Zing

Banned
I work retail 9 (non-gamestop) PT and last night was really weird for a CoD release night. We only had 1 call for it prior to 12am and nobody was in line to try and get a limited edition. (presti./hard.) It's by far the slowest launch I'ev ever seen. Are people waiting for the next gen versions?
I'd hope so. Why bother buying it now when you can play it on PS4 next week?

From Steam stats:

Current Players: 6,976

Peak Today: 6,976

What the hell. Is the game really this unpopular on PC?

EDIT: Ah, I skipped over the MULTIPLAYER one lol. Oops.

Top Bottom