• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I hadn't play a CoD since MW2 and for what its worth I'm enjoying the game. I was craving a fast-paced multiplayer shooter, though. Just having a few issues with the PC version.

Fantasmo

Oh for fuck's sake!!!

GMG causes my card to get flagged (even after trying to whitelist it multiple times), and now I find out Paypal takes 3-5 days to process. Is this 2013 or what? I simply cannot use GMG. Fucking bizarro world. I'm so mad.

Oh for fuck's sake!!!

GMG causes my card to get flagged (even after trying to whitelist it multiple times), and now I find out Paypal takes 3-5 days to process. Is this 2013 or what? I simply cannot use GMG. Fucking bizarro world. I'm so mad.

I have paid GMG with paypal for the past few years. It's always instant. No idea why you're being held up, but it's not a blanket issue

Ran into a really weird random bug on the pc version haha. If I hold B too long with the controller as I'm sliding, it'll straight up switch off my controller/ignore its existence, until I turn it back on. Did this pretty consistently when it taught me how to slide. That, and the dippnig audio during the cutscenes when the load bar is done are what I've saw so far on the pc version bugwise, but I'm enjoying the single player.

kuYuri

Yeah, I guess we found ourselves in a world where COD4, W@W, MW2 and BO1 maps don't exist.

Sorry guys but I would greatly take playing these over shit like Nuketown or Highjacked any day.

I believe at least some of the maps must be bigger than usual, Marksman Rifles need to have viability too in addition to Sniper Rifles.

Malo

Banned
It's up - started downloading this morning.

It was a mess to find the actual download though - I had to go to buy a Season Pass for the game, and then there was an option to see the "Full Game" - clicked that and I could download it.

That store is an utter mess nowadays.
No wonder I wasn't able to find it on the marketplace. Hopefully they make it a lot easier to find games on the X1, and thanks.

Timurse

Banned
tRipict.gif

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Is it just me or is the PS3-version blurry? Should I change my display setting to 720p instead of 1080p or something like that? As far as I can recall, the CoD-games usually don't look this blurry on the X360.

Hurley

They really need to do something about the lag.

I'm getting the shit where as soon as I see someone I'm dead and have no reaction time and when I do get a jump on them it takes half a round to drop them lol

It's up - started downloading this morning.

It was a mess to find the actual download though - I had to go to buy a Season Pass for the game, and then there was an option to see the "Full Game" - clicked that and I could download it.

That store is an utter mess nowadays.

Holy shit thank you. I have been checking XBLM for the last few days wondering when it would go up. Will download as soon as I get home.

xkramz

And still I don't find the cod ghost companion app. Man these Apple timed exclusive hurts lol now I know how cod fans feel on Sony... I haate it lol

aku:jiki

Is anybody really liking what they did to Domination? I thought BO2's two rounds was a fantastic way to switch up Dom, this shit in Ghosts...not so much. I'm talking about the fact that enemies spawn wildly all over the map, and if one of them just touches the flag for a second or two, both teams lose ownership of it so even if you kill him before he fully caps, you have to get back on the flag and re-cap. Is that fun for anyone in any way?

They really need to do something about the lag.

I'm getting the shit where as soon as I see someone I'm dead and have no reaction time and when I do get a jump on them it takes half a round to drop them lol
That's the lag + IW's fantastic idea to have every weapon kill in less than half a second. Treyarch had a much better idea by dialing down the bullet damage to give people are break from the lag.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
no dedicated servers? wtf? didn't they say all versions would have dedicated servers? so laggy

Omega

Banned
Is anybody really liking what they did to Domination? I thought BO2's two rounds was a fantastic way to switch up Dom, this shit in Ghosts...not so much. I'm talking about the fact that enemies spawn wildly all over the map, and if one of them just touches the flag for a second or two, both teams lose ownership of it so even if you kill him before he fully caps, you have to get back on the flag and re-cap. Is that fun for anyone in any way?

That's the lag + IW's fantastic idea to have every weapon kill in less than half a second. Treyarch had a much better idea by dialing down the bullet damage to give people are break from the lag.

domination is terrible and S&R is a shitty replacement for S&D

The way domination is now caters to the people who never played it right anyway. You know, those people that run from capture point to capture point instead of you know...dominating the flags they already own

Jarmel

Banned

There's no way that's accurate. Shit sounds broken as fuck.

I really need some help in how to "plan my pathing"

I mean, I get gunned down from every damn direction possible so I try to stay close to edges of the map. Still there are so many paths and ways you can take and I mostly get surprised/flanked and killed.

How do you plan your path? I watched some gameplay on YT and it seems to me guys are just running around and flanking everyone. It almost seems easy.

Also what sights should I use? I use red dot right now but are the other ones better?

Really need help, I average around 600 points per match so... yeah need help

Tak3n

Banned
I really need some help in how to "plan my pathing"

I mean, I get gunned down from every damn direction possible so I try to stay close to edges of the map. Still there are so many paths and ways you can take and I mostly get surprised/flanked and killed.

How do you plan your path? I watched some gameplay on YT and it seems to me guys are just running around and flanking everyone. It almost seems easy.

Also what sights should I use? I use red dot right now but are the other ones better?

Really need help, I average around 600 points per match so... yeah need help

Unfortunately COD has become a move or die game, if you stand still you will die, there is not really any strategy, try to follow a team mate then when they get killed you will know there is a enemy about to appear, but in all honesty with about 5 entrances and exits with every corner, it is impossible to stay alive...

The testament to that is I have hardly see any snipers, the odd one here and there, but I have yet to see any camping spots at all

What makes players better is map knowledge, simple as that really, also those with the controllers that drop them as they pull the fire, but once you are a expert on the maps you get to know where people are likely to appear

Hurley

Rage quit just before lol

I'm not the best fps player but I know when I'm getting shat on by this lag and getting dropped in one hit.

In regards to the maps - I'm not really liking them in TDM, some are okay, but I've found they are quite suited to Domination.

Also, fuck this FOV.

Top Bottom