• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Blops 2 had over 100k at launch on PC iirc. Problem is people just don't really care about this game on PC anymore like they used to. The game has been on a steady decline since MW2 on PC. Blops 2 < 10k average nowadays. Team Fortress 2 has double the players of Ghosts right now lol

Fistwell

That's 3 paragraphs of complete useless information and fluff... that's not a review. They've effectively described how the maps look and moved on. No mention of how the maps play and if that's a good thing or not. No mention of map design or being critical of it... the same goes for just about every other review of this game. Let's devote 90% of the review to SP and then completely gloss over multiplayer and not get analytical about the design of MP....

This is a complaint for BF4 for as well... it just seems there's a large unproportional chunk of most reviews that covers SP and just glosses over MP when MP is the bread and butter of both games.

I get that the nuances and flow of maps will change over time as players learn how to best take advantage of choke points and such, but at least try to review that portion too.
I think most journos are terrible at online MP FPS. I wouldnt expect them to provide insightful comments on what they have, at best, a fairly loose grasp over.

Regarding health, it's pretty dire how little you have. In blops2, even if someone gets the drop on me, I still sometimes can pull it out. Here, I dont stand a chance whatsoever. I die before I can start turning around. Lag comp is also probably playing a major role. On kill cam the guy will always fire 4 to 5 shots vs 1 or 2 apparent in-game. Le sigh.

Mouse being shit: Disabling pointer accuracy enhancement actually helped by a noticeable margin, didnt know about that. Never had to do it in other games. Man, maybe now I'll be awesome in BF4 (lol right, dont I wish).

Pain

Banned
The game looks terribly graphically. Probably me playing split screen online with my girlfriend makes it look much worse than it is but man, BO2 blows it away. Maps are a bit too big too. I'm sure the next gen/PC version corrects these issues. Maps wouldn't be so big with more players.
You do know all the normal modes are only 12 players right? Even on next-gen. 18 players is only for big team modes that nobody plays.

So unless you play those modes, you're fine with current gen.

Pain

Banned
Blops 2 had over 100k at launch on PC iirc. Problem is people just don't really care about this game on PC anymore like they used to. The game has been on a steady decline since MW2 on PC. Blops 2 < 10k average nowadays. Team Fortress 2 has double the players of Ghosts right now lol
Yeah I know that. COD isn't popular on PC.
It's obviously a game made for consoles.

Nokterian

Blops 2 at this moment is even better then what Ghosts never will be. Such a shame not many have played it. It really runs well and a lot more color and also FoV slider!

aku:jiki

Haha, did anyone else turn on colorblind mode? I did it to see if it made the minimap easier to read, which it didn't, but it did change all red hues in the game into magenta. So the whole world turned purple/pink. Red tractors were pink, the ground had pinkish traces...

That can't be right...right? Does that actually help the colorblind?

I put that extended barrel thing on the revolver and now I can't hit shit with it.

On the gun stats, range and damage go up, but now even when point blank my bullets don't connect lol

Oh, and now when you do kill someone point blank there's a point bonus for it. It made me lol when I saw it.
Handguns seem to have awful accuracy, for some reason... I even had trouble hitting stationary bots in local play. Akimbo magnums wouldn't hit for shit!

kakashi08

They should have just made a COD: NUKETOWN. Only with that 1 map, I rather pay $119 for one map, then all these maps and all this lagging.

Nokterian

Damn, he's fuckin' piiiiiiiiiiissed.

Off course he is and he is right IW didn't give a damn about PC but Treyarch they still do effort of putting a good CoD out there and people can't see it. I mean from Day 1 it had ranked dedicated servers. Look at the patch lists for Blops 2,it's huge. Big props to PCDev and his small team there at Treyarch. And just played Blops 2 again and it runs butter smooth and still looks great.

aravuus

people are apparently getting banned for using FoV fix in ghosts fyi.

Are you fucking kidding me

I just want to uninstall the game and forget about it. But I paid 40 euros for it, have to endure it for a couple of days and hope things get better. Goddamn it.

He sounds more depressed than pissed. He genuinely enjoyed Black Ops 2, and you can hear the disappointment in his voice.

Didn't watch the video, but this is how I feel

Ok so my only problems with MP

1. health/connection- I go down in 1-2 shots in Core, killcam shows me getting hit 4-5 times.

2. spawns- No more of this spawning near the action shit, should spawn as far back on the opposite side of the map as the majority of their team.
the maps are large enough, there shouldn't be spawning in right in front of multiple enemies.

TotalBiscuit's "WTF is" for Ghosts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAgc43e-zp4

Yeah...he's not happy lol

Just some quick things ...

V-Sync on ? Image quality to High and not Extra ? Since when could you not re-bind keys in any CoD ? BLOPS 1 PC version a good port ? No.

But the video, yeah it looks just like any other CoD, and no mouse sensitivity adjustments ? WTF. And that menu stutter brings back horrific memories of BLOPS 1 menus on PC.

Just some quick things ...

V-Sync on ? Image quality to High and not Extra ? Since when could you not re-bind keys in any CoD ? BLOPS 1 PC version a good port ? No.

But the video, yeah it looks just like any other CoD, and no mouse sensitivity adjustments ? WTF. And that menu stutter brings back horrific memories of BLOPS 1 menus on PC.

The menu issue is way worse than Blops. I have much worse than TB. It hard looks for like 5 seconds at a time. It's really annoying. Can't even create a soldier it's so bad

TeaFan

This video really begins to make sense of the framerate problems on PS4. If this game is so poorly optimized that his Titan can't run this game smoothly, the PS4 doesn't stand a chance.

Its a shame they get away with it, but they do and there will be another one next year and so on and so on

Kacar

At lvl 20 in MP. KD sitting at about 2.5. Liking it so far. The 15 second countdown timer is fucking terrible. The spawns are consistently bad. I've only really been doing good with the sniper. Going to try extinction.

Sojgat

I'm enjoying this game a lot (more than I thought I would), but man, does it look like dogshit on 360. Other COD games never looked like console downgrades, what the hell is up with this?

kakashi08

I don't think steam will give me a steam store credit, I did sent them a request tho.
Is there a way to "exchange" or "trade" a game on steam with another steam user? If yes, anyone out there want this wack game and trade it for some or any other game. (119$ wasted :( :( .....)

Pain

Banned
TotalBiscuit's "WTF is" for Ghosts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAgc43e-zp4

Yeah...he's not happy lol
Not saying he shouldn't be complaining but......he's whining too much.

-PC version didn't get enough attention
-Graphics aren't next gen
-Performance issues
-Battlefield is better

Was he expecting anything different? COD isn't a graphical powerhouse. That is to be expected. As for performance issues those should be fixed with updates to drivers.

I guess as a console gamer myself he comes off as an arrogant and self-entitled PC gamer.

Hurley

Not saying he shouldn't be complaining but......he's whining too much.

-PC version didn't get enough attention
-Graphics aren't next gen
-Performance issues
-Battlefield is better

Was he expecting anything different? COD isn't a graphical powerhouse. That is to be expected. As for performance issues those should be fixed with updates to drivers.

That's perfectly justified and I wouldn't consider it "whining"

It will also need more then updates to drivers to iron out the performance issues. Nvidia and AMD can only do so much, IW needs to get their shit together in regards to optimization.

Aliand

Banned
Link to some quality screenshots? I haven't really seen anything very impressive so far, but there has to be good looking stuff out there. This is the most popular game in the world we're talking about here.

Does a game have to be that impressive for you to give it a chance ?
Limbo did impress you with its SMAA and AO ?

Come on, if you get a game it's cause you will have fun.
The game is not horrible, we all know it, it is not the best looking game out there also, we all know it.

Deal with it.

dmr87

No FoV slider, looks like shit and runs like shit.

Go get 'em TB.

gbz.png

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/397840931853840384

Tamanon

Banned
My only complaint thus far is that it seems to take forever to level in the game. Maybe it's because I'm not usually a run-and-gunner, so I usually sit around 12-16 kills a round on deathmatch, but it's taking a while to level up.

That and squad points being used for everything, even attachments. Bleh! But the actual gameplay is pretty fun, played another five hours this morning before work. Can't wait for the Double XP weekend when more players my skill level start playing!

Top Bottom