• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Omega

Banned
Usually IW are cool with these FOV hacks. At least thats the case with MW2/MW3.

I thought they said dedis for all platforms.....

they said it yeah but come on, we know it's not the truth. That'll shut up like 80% of the playerbase because they won't be able to tell the difference.

IW even said themselves that majority of the CoD fanbase aren't gamers.

Anyone know how long the campaign is?

probably 3 hours like every other CoD

Adam Blue

Guys what is all this garble, Is the game good or not? Is it more MW3 or More Blops 2?

Im holding out for next gen Thanks.

So far, it's far from the MW games. I got tired of those. This seems different enough, surprised how well it runs on the PS3. I usually get everything on PC, but Call of Duty is a console-centric game. I wouldn't waste my PC specs on it.

Dysun

Apparently the 6GB RAM required on PC is a farce and can be bypassed by pirates. wtf IW + Activision, screwing over potential paying customers

Portugeezer

It's supposed to but so far 360/PS3/PC versions are all using the same p2p as in past games

Strange.

They definitely did say 360, PC, and X1 will have dedis, and alluded that PS3 and PS4 will have dedis (but they couldn't confirm it due to Microsoft).

Maybe they are riding out the launch storm? Seems like there won't be a lot of dedis.

Tak3n

Banned
Everytime i try to open the game there's a message about insuficient RAM memory, any way to bypass this problem?

Call of Duty Ghosts 6GB RAM Fix
Minimum requirements of the game explicitly ask you to have 6GB of Ram and 64bit OS. If you do not meet the requirements, you can use Steam006′s game fix that removes the RAM limitation from the game and allows you to play the game even if you do not meet the minimum requirements.

You can download ‘Call of Duty Ghosts Ram Fix by Steam006′ and start playing. Exploit was developed by member of the Russian underground hacking group ‘CS.RIN.RU’. Use it at your own risk.

It’s basically a game fix, not a crack. It allows your system to use all the RAM that is available. It may or may not work for you but is worth a try since it has worked for majority.

http://segmentnext.com/2013/11/05/c...-crashes-freezes-stuttering-errors-and-fixes/

CTLance

what happens to the dog?!?!?
I just finished watching a playthrough on youtube.

The dog is
only important in the first half of the game, and is used in only one mission in any meaningful way. A couple of minutes later it's delegated to offscreen NPC. It shows up later again, only to get shot. You then get to carry it around while it whimpers your ear off. You also have to drop it to shoot doodz, of course, then pick it up and carry it five steps before more doodz spawn. While you're doing things to the popup dolls it's lying there like a piece of furniture, and your NPC idiots thoughtfully remind you to carry it around. Every five seconds or so.

ElRenoRaven

I just finished watching a playthrough on youtube.

The dog is
only important in the first half of the game, and is used in only one mission in any meaningful way. A couple of minutes later it's delegated to offscreen NPC. It shows up later again, only to get shot. You then get to carry it around while it whimpers your ear off. You also have to drop it to shoot doodz, of course, then pick it up and carry it five steps before more doodz spawn. While you're doing things to the popup dolls it's lying there like a piece of furniture, and your NPC idiots thoughtfully remind you to carry it around. Every five seconds or so.

Not shocking one bit. Who couldn't have seen that coming?

Nebula

Activision is on damage control with the modded lobbies. My video of a modded lobby just got hit by a copyright claim.

Fistwell

I think the "image quality" option actually affects resolution, I might be going insane though so whatever.

Played a few rounds of MP.

+ sound is back to being meaningful (to some extent) after blops2 muffled nonsense. Walking and running make noise that's noticeable. Crouching is silent I think. Got the drop on a few people.
+ Image looks bearable now with "image quality" set to extra.

- guns sound like shit (like in MW3),
- mouse feels dodgey,
- animation is putrid crap,
- getting a lot of stuttering, stopping due to headache (and yumyum dinner),
- saw a LOT of lag compensation. Killcams not meshing at all with what happened, people seemingly shooting away from me killing me, shot after I've ran behind cover or turned a corner. The usual shit.

This feels more like a low-budget knockoff than a AAA game to me. I'm a little perplexed that they wouldn't invest in making sure their cash cow was at least competent. Will try some of the fixes mentioned on the page posted earlier (thx whoever).

Frillen

Damn, hype is rising and I'm not able to play until I get the PS4 version on the 29th (Europe). I'm actually glad that the maps are on the big side though, as I found the maps in both BO2 and MW3 way too cluttered and you could be killed in 572 different alleys, corners and directions.

Tak3n

Banned
I think the "image quality" option actually affects resolution, I might be going insane though so whatever.

Played a few rounds of MP.

+ sound is back to being meaningful (top some extent) after blops2 muffled nonsense. Walking and running make noise that's noticeable. Crouching is silent I think. Got the drop on a few people.
+ Image looks bearable now with "image quality" set to extra.

- guns sound like shit (like in MW3),
- mouse feels dodgey,
- animation is putrid crap,
- getting a lot of stuttering, stopping due to headache (and yumyum dinner).

This feels more like a low-budget knockoff than a AAA game to me. I'm a little perplexed that they wouldn't invest in making sure their cash cow was at least competent. Will try some of the fixes mentioned on the page posted earlier (thx whoever).

spot on, that website of fixes said if you leave Image as 'Auto' it upscales the image, so they said to change it

Tak3n

Banned
Damn, hype is rising and I'm not able to play until I get the PS4 version on the 29th (Europe). I'm actually glad that the maps are on the big side though, as I found the maps in both BO2 and MW3 way too cluttered and you could be killed in 572 different alleys, corners and directions.

umm, you will be disappointed then, the maps are bigger but have entrances and exits that make BO2 looks like a closed room, you get killed from all angles, up, down, left, right, behind...

Even spawn points are not safe

Fistwell

The best thing about Ghosts so far is I can hear fucking footsteps again.
I KNOW!! :D

Even spawn points are not safe
Yeah spawns are shit, got spawn killed several times in the few round I've played.

Also, now that I've had the time to reflect on it over my (delicious) chikin soop, health seems noticeably lower than on blops2 (which I played a round of earlier to compare, as I was in disbelief over how shit ghost felt).

Hurley

I've lost count of the amount of times I've spawned with an enemy already having their gun pointed at my head.

Another thing that brings my piss to a boil is the glitch with the scorestreaks. Has anyone else had that bug where they go to activate something and you just keep hitting the little remote for it over and over and it doesn't do anything?

It was in MW3 when trying to use the uav too.

Does the PC version have any kind of offline MP mode with bots? I know there's a Squads mode where you play all bots but I'm guessing you still need to be online for that?

Hurley

Not sure bc I don't have the game yet but doesn't that mean the airspace is full?

Don't think so, it's like I activate it and the animation just keeps replaying of you using the remote for it and it doesn't get called in, the only way to stop it is by switching back to your weapon and you have to wait until you die to be able to use it properly.

Everyone is saying the maps are a lot bigger, but they seem about the same to me. I don't play COD a lot, though, so maybe i'm just not recalling correctly

One thing I'm noticing is a lot of pop-in. Kind of annoying. 360 version

aku:jiki

Everyone is saying the maps are a lot bigger, but they seem about the same to me. I don't play COD a lot, though, so maybe i'm just not recalling correctly
You're misremembering. These maps are absolutely massive for CoD; the smallest I've seen is comparable to midsized maps in previous games.

Just the did the
flashback mission where you play as Elias.
First mission I really really enjoyed and felt that COD whizbang goodfeel. Campaign has been fine so far, but they really haven't taken advantage of the setting with taped together weapons or anything like that. In fact the military is incredibly organised and everyone seems to be living kind of cushy for the country being decimated. If they could channel a bit more of Resistance 3's feel of cobbled together guns and stuff, that would be cool, and be a good analogue to the future style stuff in Black Ops 2. As it is, there's nothing in the toolbox that wouldn't be at home in a Modern Warfare title. No real stealth moves or anything to match the ghosts motif either. I am enjoying it though.

I picked it up as well, but I will be waiting a little bit to try my copy out if you know what I mean. :)

GTCc9Ib.jpg

I hope the MP is good, I don't have much hope for the SP. Despite the hate, COD is the last FPS standing to still offer local split screen, so I'll probably keep giving them my $60 bucks.... sigh

L3E2

Played MP for an hour last night and I don't really know how I feel about it. The game feels very weird but I don't know if that's just me or not. Anyone else feel the same?

I don't know if it was because I was tired or not but I just couldn't kill anyone. Normally in previous COD's I'm killing it and picking up the mechanics pretty fast, finishing games with at least 2:1 ratio, but I was averaging about 3 kills (if I was lucky) and at least 12 deaths every game. I'm terrible at this new game.

I hope in a couple hours when I finish class I'll be slightly better and I can actually finish a match with a 1:1 ratio.

cameltoe

Hate how the scoreboard is off to the side and I can't see my connection speed....lag is samey. Foot steps are back! Guns feel like shit. Maps are huge but play well with domination, Tdm not so much. Miss s&d but s&r is cool. Campers!!! Gun sounds are blah. Foot steps are back!!!

Tugatrix

Call of Duty Ghosts 6GB RAM Fix
Minimum requirements of the game explicitly ask you to have 6GB of Ram and 64bit OS. If you do not meet the requirements, you can use Steam006′s game fix that removes the RAM limitation from the game and allows you to play the game even if you do not meet the minimum requirements.

You can download ‘Call of Duty Ghosts Ram Fix by Steam006′ and start playing. Exploit was developed by member of the Russian underground hacking group ‘CS.RIN.RU’. Use it at your own risk.

It’s basically a game fix, not a crack. It allows your system to use all the RAM that is available. It may or may not work for you but is worth a try since it has worked for majority.

http://segmentnext.com/2013/11/05/c...-crashes-freezes-stuttering-errors-and-fixes/

Thanks

it worked, but now i can't change the options to High or Extra, it goes no futher than normal, my computer is not even close to sweating, so i know it can handle more...

I used to be pretty damned good at MW and MW2. And hated the playstyle of both BOs. MW3 felt better but I hated the map size. I am hearing the people cry on the net about how they hate this one. I have a feeling my time has come. This is the CoD I have been waiting for since 2008. Please let me be right. Please. It is everyone else's time to suffer with their varying opinion on fun.

a916

This is what Eurogamer said for MP:

While the campaign is unlikely to lure you back once you've bullied your way through on Veteran, as usual it's the multiplayer where the long-term appeal lies. It's also where Infinity Ward's passion for the franchise can still be most keenly felt, with 15 maps (if you include the FreeFall pre-order bonus) and 11 game modes to play on them. The map design is typically slick, once again showcasing the developer's knack for crafting feedback loops in tangible digital form: tightly controlled arenas where every corner leads to two or three different traversal options. Over, under, around and through, this is perpetual motion as software design, with a graceful slipperiness that keeps matches in a constant state of restless, nerve-wracking movement.

While all the maps are predictably solid, few jump out as worthy of standing alongside COD classics. Urban maps such as Stormfront, Tremor and Octane are distinguishable more from their cosmetic flourishes - lightning strikes, aftershocks - than any unique elements in their construction. Most draw from the campaign. Maps such as Warhawk, set in a ruined small town with a high school football theme, tip the scales hard in the direction of inspirations such as the 1980s communist menace action movie, Red Dawn.

Pretty sure that's Sandra Bullock in there.
The best maps are the ones that deviate from the limited environments of the story mode. Stonehaven is by far the most picturesque, taking place around a crumbling Scottish castle with open countryside pockmarked with gullies and hillocks. Whiteout sprawls across an Alaskan fishing village, balancing streets and building interiors with natural rock tunnels and treeline cover. Both feel fresh when compared to the grungy military installations and demolished Americana on display elsewhere.

That's 3 paragraphs of complete useless information and fluff... that's not a review. They've effectively described how the maps look and moved on. No mention of how the maps play and if that's a good thing or not. No mention of map design or being critical of it... the same goes for just about every other review of this game. Let's devote 90% of the review to SP and then completely gloss over multiplayer and not get analytical about the design of MP....

This is a complaint for BF4 for as well... it just seems there's a large unproportional chunk of most reviews that covers SP and just glosses over MP when MP is the bread and butter of both games.

I get that the nuances and flow of maps will change over time as players learn how to best take advantage of choke points and such, but at least try to review that portion too.

CHC

Alright so far the campaign is pretty fun I guess, just got to the part with the plane, no spoilers forthcoming.

But SERIOUSLY, seeeeeeriously the next fucking game to pull this "slow walk / blurry screen / camera bob" routine any time you're supposed to be hurt / shaken / confused, whatever, is getting an immediate uninstall. This shit is TIRESOME jesus christ!! Sorry for the venting but it's every single FPS this year does this camera going in and out of focus, muddy controls, guys yelling at you that you're hurt, etc etc. Please AAA developers NO ONE on earth likes this shit, stop it or do it in a cutscene.

Thank you

You're misremembering. These maps are absolutely massive for CoD; the smallest I've seen is comparable to midsized maps in previous games.

Yeah, I figured. Sucks that they made it only 12 players now. I hope it doesn't turn into console battlefield where I'm running around and never seeing anyone

Just found this waiting for me at home today. I went to the multiplayer reveal event and got this for free...too bad I have to wait 10 more days though lol.

tumblr_mvt50zZzVU1rpheq2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvt50zZzVU1rpheq2o2_1280.jpg

Top Bottom