• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

PS3 Owners, please tell me the game is very well playable. I'm getting my copy from Newegg in a few days and I'm debating whether to sell that copy off.

Magik

Odd question... where do I find info regarding challenges and what not?

Before its usually in the barracks and what not... but I don't see anything at all.

angelic

Banned
played 4 hours on ps3, first time on this console instead of 360....purely to carry over progress to ps4.

..and its not very good. looks like a quake mod, graphics terrible, slowdown, empty maps (that player limit hurts it), mean spirited unlock system. the ps3 is upscaling it somehow to 1080p for my panny plasma, but it looks smeared, not crisp, very cartoony. awful colours throughout.

its fun, in a "this is shit" sort of way...but nowhere close to black ops 2.

played 4 hours on ps3, first time on this console instead of 360....purely to carry over progress to ps4.

..and its not very good. looks like a quake mod, graphics terrible, slowdown, empty maps (that player limit hurts it), mean spirited unlock system. the ps3 is upscaling it somehow to 1080p for my panny plasma, but it looks smeared, not crisp, very cartoony. awful colours throughout.

I assume 360 is the same right? Or ps3 really that bad?

Guess it's all a matter of point of view whether free online and PS4 upgrade is worth the suffering for a awhile.

Maybe new engine is effecting current gen versions.

Yeah, PS3 looks awful. I can't wait to play the PS4 version - should have a cleaner IQ on my TV, hopefully. Since it is native 1080p.

vilmer_

Is 360 also bad?

I'm tempted to grab the 360 version just to compare, but it's really bad on the PS3, in fact I'd bet money that the 360 version looks better. I'm playing on an 27" Asus and even with the monitor practically right in my face it looks like bushes are shooting at me from afar when it's actually a player :lol

The netcode? Well, it's the same as it's been since the Quake days.

Other than that, I can't wait to trade this in for the PS4 version. Call of Duty has never been a game where the graphics took precedence over fun gameplay but at this point the game looks so bad that it actually inhibits your ability to play the game correctly.

Ever since the servers went down this afternoon I haven't been able to play online on PC. Anyone else still having this issue? Am I the only one?

angelic

Banned
I assume 360 is the same right? Or ps3 really that bad?

Guess it's all a matter of point of view whether free online and PS4 upgrade is worth the suffering for a awhile.

Maybe new engine is effecting current gen versions.

i swear, in 4, 5 hours ive maybe unlocked about 1% of the multiplayer content, possibly even less....the thought of starting again on a new console would be too much.

if you squint your eyes it looks like a ps2 game. im not sure if 1080p native can save it, it might make it look even more primitive.

antitrop

if you squint your eyes it looks like a ps2 game. im not sure if 1080p native can save it, it might make it look even more primitive.
Game seriously looks worse than Black Ops II on my PC. Runs like shit, too.

I bought BO2 on PC at release and it was a great port, right off the bat.

I'm tempted to grab the 360 version just to compare, but it's really bad on the PS3, in fact I'd bet money that the 360 version looks better. I'm playing on an 27" Asus and even with the monitor practically right in my face it looks like bushes are shooting at me from afar when it's actually a player :lol

The netcode? Well, it's the same as it's been since the Quake days.

Other than that, I can't wait to trade this in for the PS4 version. Call of Duty has never been a game where the graphics took precedence over fun gameplay but at this point the game looks so bad that it actually inhibits your ability to play the game correctly.
Yikes!

What sucks is that people are saying it's worse than BOII on the PS3. So it's not just because the current gen are dated excuse.

angelic

Banned
Game seriously looks worse than Black Ops II on my PC. Runs like shit, too.

champagne corks popping at treyarch HQ and new more lucrative contracts drawn up to save the franchise.

im certain there will never be a ghosts sequel, this sub franchise is over instantly

I amazed that reviewers had the courage to score this one low. This may signal the end. It may even hurt next gen console sales.
I really think they're being overly harsh. I think it's more franchise fatigue more than anything.

I'm surprised it took this long. MW3 should've had these reviews because that game did nothing new. At least Ghosts does something newer to shake up the formula a bit

CoD4 + MW2 maps were the best...

I miss old Infinity Ward, these new games seem like they lack inspiration
:(

I was going to buy the Wii u version, but I'm not sure anymore

Doran902

13 missions into the campaign on ps3 and loving it so far but I haven't played a cod since the first black ops and I went into this game assuming it would play exactly like modern warfare 1 and 2 and it does.

If there is one thing I can say about the campaign though, I can't stand how many of the missions involve waiting on characters to open doors or following people around. Give me a little bit of freedom, it feels borderline on rails. It doesnt ruin the fun of the set pieces and action moments but it feels like a desperate attempt to turn a 3 hour campaign into a 4 hour campaign. If I could open my own doors and go where I wanted before the AI showed up to allow me to move forward this game would be 2-3 hours long.

I can ignore the 2007 graphics, it will just make killzone feel 10x better next friday haha.

neto

Hahaha this OT is great, I might buy the wii u version when I get one this december since my pc will not be able to run it

pompidu

champagne corks popping at treyarch HQ and new more lucrative contracts drawn up to save the franchise.

im certain there will never be a ghosts sequel, this sub franchise is over instantly

I really hope treyarch does another world at war. I quite enjoyed the change in weapons and scenery.

Great OT. I think the game is pretty fun (360). Very uneven graphically, some maps are great, others are blah. Biggest complaint is the lack of character to most maps - they are all just war torn rubble crap. No classics like the airport, train station, or estate, etc. Except for maybe the castle map, which I really liked.

On the plus side, the UI is slick, online is running smooth as shit, and the guns feel great. And I'm still too old to be good at twitchy shooters. Overall, it's more or less what I expected which is good and bad, I guess.

zroid

Banned
jsvr.png

:|

Malvingt2

I am sharing this here too

Say hello to Ghosts Wii U team

BYWeH-gCEAAAEGG.jpg

‏@A_Trey_U
Ghosts Wii U team - in the ghostly shadows. pic.twitter.com/vD8X5ykvNf

what a happy team.

ultron87

I don't know if they are good for the game overall over UAVs, but I like how when using Sitrep the enemy Satcoms you see kind of manage and direct the flow of gameplay around the map even in a deathmatch. So it feels like I'm moving with purpose instead of wandering.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Played 3 matches before I had to meet up with a friend.

Anyone else think the maps are too big? Each match ended due to time. I found myself running around looking for people to kill.

mackaveli

On the map what does the blue shaded boxes in the map mean?

I don't get it.

Sometimes some areas of the map are shaded as light blue (team color). What is this suppose to indicate?

Top Bottom