• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Well sick of the game now, its not fun. So glad I had doubts and rented first.

I didn't even expect much from IW's turn, but they still managed to disappoint me. The new modes are dumb and they cut out my old favorite ones. :|

See you next year for Treyarch's effort.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. Just got my first maniac kill streak and it was awesome. I'm playing on PC but using a 360 controller and still doing very well.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Man, It's really awkward seeing how many people are genuinely not enjoying this game.

I hope to be convinced by friday.

kazebyaka

Banned
I'm really enjoying the multiplayer, besides obvious PC performance problems and stuff. Larger maps are really awesome change of pace after super small Blops 2 maps.

Korten

Banned
Man, It's really awkward seeing how many people are genuinely not enjoying this game.

I hope to be convinced by friday.

I've stated before but I'm honestly getting scared. :( I bought the game on PS4 and I fear it will die shortly after launch. :(

Well, I'm enjoying it, if that helps! :)

Besides, 95% of the people we play with aren't on GAF! :p

J/K

No but seriously, you can still have fun playing with the casual Call of Duty Dudebro market!

How does transferring from PS3 to PS4 work?

Can I still use the PS3 disc if I paid the $10 fee to upgrade to next gen? Hopefully, give the disc away to a friend.

The game itself is fun. Of course, my enjoyment of MP will be whether I can get past dieing so much. Need time getting to know the maps. I really thought Blops II was the best MP they've had in a CoD game for a while (first game in ages where I didn't feel the top player's killstreaks were ruining the game for everyone else. If, after levelling up, I still suck totally, I don't see this getting played once my PS4 and BF4 turn up.

It runs like Riley-shit on PC. Hopefully someone will figure out some magic sauce for the settings that will help. Or speedy patches from IW. My sides hurt from the laughter.

Is it just me or are the colors making it difficult to find enemies on some maps? The prison break map especially is bad, I can't distinguish anyone standing still. The awful upscaled blurry resolution only make it worse.

After three hours with the Wii U version, I'm having fun. Unfortunately, I can't judge the most important part yet: the maps. I think I like the large sizes.

The connection on Wii U is smooth, and the pointer controls work great. Everything feels right, although I feel like maybe the characters have a little heavier movement in this. Not that I mind.

My biggest complaint so far is the unlock system. I'm not a fan of CoD's multiplayer unlockables in general. I feel it discourages experimentation and counterintuitively rewards the more experienced players with better weapons and gear. But the Squad Points system is egregious even for my regular complaints.

You only get three loadouts, and everything is so expensive to buy for points. I'm at Rank 7, and I've bought maybe 3-4 things. I can't experiment at all. I'm still stuck with the same two ARs and one SMG I started the game with. They could do a Quadruple Squad Points Weekend for the whole year, and I still wouldn't be able to unlock everything I want to try. It's discouraging, and it makes the beginning game more boring when I'm stuck with the same weapons and attachments.

Also, the spawn system is pretty bad. I've benefited and been killed by it, but I shouldn't spawn directly in front of (or behind) an enemy. This even happened on that enormous castle map.

A PC port without a FOV slider and mouse sensitivity slider?

izjlz5Bkz4YDN.gif

bhlaab

So can someone tell what they ended up doing with the dog?
How did IW inevitably tug on the heart string?

You control it twice, both in the same mission.
In a couple missions you can press LB to make it do Dead to Rights attacks, but not as often as you'd expect from promotional materials.

Syf

Banned
Somewhat surprisingly having fun with the game so far (played the first bit of the campaign). I was a bit worried after the initial impressions. Runs fine at max on my PC. Just wish we could up the FOV without digging into the game files. Too late to give the multiplayer a go but I'll get to that tomorrow.

SmokeMaxX

My biggest complaint so far is the unlock system. I'm not a fan of CoD's multiplayer unlockables in general. I feel it discourages experimentation and counterintuitively rewards the more experienced players with better weapons and gear. But the Squad Points system is egregious even for my regular complaints.

You only get three loadouts, and everything is so expensive to buy for points. I'm at Rank 7, and I've bought maybe 3-4 things. I can't experiment at all. I'm still stuck with the same two ARs and one SMG I started the game with. They could do a Quadruple Squad Points Weekend for the whole year, and I still wouldn't be able to unlock everything I want to try. It's discouraging, and it makes the beginning game more boring when I'm stuck with the same weapons and attachments.

Also, the spawn system is pretty bad. I've benefited and been killed by it, but I shouldn't spawn directly in front of (or behind) an enemy. This even happened on that enormous castle map.
I agree. I usually try out every gun/perk/attachment, but now I'm stuck using the same gun for like 10 levels (which is a long ass time) because it's the only one with stuff unlocked.

That being said, I believe the perk challenges will give you a lot more points so you can buy stuff more easily.

If I knew Infinity Ward was hiring people with no map making experience I would have applied.

Right there with you, I've gone to facebook trying to sell the game for $40, since it's more than i'll probably get for trade-in. I loved Blops2 and this is utter garbage.

no angel

Duh, can someone explain the loadout system to me? I'm sure it's simple but I can't for the life of me figure it out and it doesn't seem to be explained anywhere. As far as I understand it it's a point based system but I can't see how many points you get or how many I've used!

koorigashi

Neo Member
Duh, can someone explain the loadout system to me? I'm sure it's simple but I can't for the life of me figure it out and it doesn't seem to be explained anywhere. As far as I understand it it's a point based system but I can't see how many points you get or how many I've used!

You get 8 starting points for perks, you can get up to 12 points for perks if you give up tacticals, lethals, secondaries and primaries, you get 2 free attachments for your primary with a perk to unlock a 3rd.

EDIT: turns out I don't understand it either :lol

no angel

You get 8 starting points for perks, you can get up to 12 points for perks if you give up tacticals, lethals, secondaries and primaries, you get 2 free attachments for your primary with a perk to unlock a 3rd.
Ok that IS simple and now I feel stupid! Thanks for the explanation. Where in game is this explained and how the hell did I miss it?!

Fistwell

It runs like Riley-shit on PC. Hopefully someone will figure out some magic sauce for the settings that will help. Or speedy patches from IW. My sides hurt from the laughter.
It really does run like poop dont it? No CODghost NVIDIA drivers yet?

Ok that IS simple and now I feel stupid! Thanks for the explanation. Where in game is this explained and how the hell did I miss it?!
Look at the perk selection screen. They all have a small number at the bottom. Now, when you equip one, it gets included in that perk bar. The perk bar has a fixed length. Each perk has a length proportional to the small number. All your perks together have to fit in the bar.

Alright guys I saw both current gen versions for multiplayer with my own two eyes.

And yes the PS3 version is wretched. I don't know why it's so bad but it's very blurry to the point where my eyes hurt.

Yeah i noticed that in the videos. Just completely blurry compared to the others. WTF?

Yeah but from the little that people have seen, so does the XboxOne version.

PC multiplayer is already pretty dead, if you're not playing bog standard TDM you're going to struggle to get into some of the other playlists.

I can't imagine how bad it will be in a few months time.

These maps are the perfect size.

This bullshit is the reason IW only makes clusterfuck hallway shooters with 4828382 angles to be killed from that turn into explosion fests.

God forbid IW doesn't cater to every CoD player's ADHD and need for constant engagements. These maps are awesome and they make this MP the most enjoyable since MW2.

Not every map needs to be Nuketown.

Played for a few hours and got some tasty juicy hot rage going. In some maps it is literally impossible to avoid getting flanked; there are way too many blind spots, alleyways and windows to check, and no tactics can save you when you spawn in front of a fucking enemy. It's ridiculous. I only played Kill Confirmed and Cranked so far, so I don't know how the spawns are in other modes. On the less messy maps I could hold my own, but I have no idea how to play the big ones. There are people _everywhere_.

The weapons feel pretty good, but unlocks are slow. I haven't found a really good assault rifle yet; the SA-805 is nice and accurate, but weak. The MTAR-X SMG felt nice enough to invest in some attachments.

Squad Assault was pretty fun and I expect upgrading and customizing my team to be entertaining when I get enough points. I'm playing on PS3 and the mode occasionally has some nasty stutters, due to the bot AI I guess. Regular multiplayer is fine.

FUCK SOVEREIGN.

Daffy Duck

The only thing I think is wrong, is the spawns, they suck big time.

Quite how they managed this with such big maps, I don't know.

I like the unlock system, if you don't want to wait to unlock something you buy it with your squad points.

The only downside with this though is not knowing how many squad points I will have at the end of a prestige, so it could mean missing out on stuff, I hope not, but not sure.

Tak3n

Banned
Reading all these posts..

Where is the Infinity Ward from Call of Duty 2?

I miss them.

all those guys are working on Titanfall

As totalbiscuit said last night... Infinity Ward is only a name now, all the good guys that made IW reputation left for respawn

MormaPope

Banned
Sounds like this is Modern Warfare 4/Modern Warfare 3 part two. MW3 was the worse CoD since WaW, Black Ops 1 basically reinvented Treyarch in my eyes. CoD 4/Black Ops 1 are the pinnacles of the series, I skipped Black Ops 2 due to MW3 souring me but I might pick that up instead of Ghosts if Black Ops 2 still has a community going.

SmokeMaxX

These maps are the perfect size.

This bullshit is the reason IW only makes clusterfuck hallway shooters with 4828382 angles to be killed from that turn into explosion fests.

God forbid IW doesn't cater to every CoD player's ADHD and need for constant engagements. These maps are awesome and they make this MP the most enjoyable since MW2.

Not every map needs to be Nuketown.

The maps are off in relation to the game. WaW did big maps right. There were huge maps on there too, but they fit the gameplay well. There were also tanks as well as 9v9 in that game. This game has no excuse for 6v6 on huge ass maps and still spawning in someone's line of sight.

Top Bottom