• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Now, I know there has been a lot of talk about VGP's security so use PayPal if buying anything but they are having a pretty good sale on some mostly older "niche" Japanese games, primarily on handhelds. 3DS, Vita, PSP and DS deals stand out to me the most. Sales on games for these consoles are rare to come across these days in Canada sadly. Some more mainstream stuff in there too but nothing at truly outstanding prices among those IMO. Some of their Canada-exclusive stuff is also $10 or so off. They also have a free shipping promo if you spend $50.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/specials.php?page=0
I really do wonder if we should make a thread warning people that VGP still has a problem with compromised credit cards on their site. I warned people in the Limited Run Games thread with posts from this thread and even more people chimed in with stories of compromised cards shortly after making purchases at VGP and didn't know that was probably the cause until my post.

Lexxism

I really do wonder if we should make a thread warning people that VGP still has a problem with compromised credit cards on their site. I warned people in the Limited Run Games thread with posts from this thread and even more people chimed in with stories of compromised cards shortly after making purchases at VGP and didn't know that was probably the cause until my post.
Yeah, why not? This will entirely help those people who purchase from VGP to use paypal when ordering from their site.

I think it's absolutely worth it. I like VGP and want to support them even after the initial security breach, but I didn't know VGP was still leaking credit card numbers until it was mentioned a few weeks back in this thread.

(also in an ideal scenario it would give people a URL to tweet at VGP asking them to look into the matter, and maybe they'll actually fix their shit)

Yeah, why not? This will entirely help those people who purchase from VGP to use paypal when ordering from their site.

Or just not support them... unless you REALLY want one of their niche games/reprints.

I refuse to believe that they are completely clueless about it.

Cynar

It wasn't clear at all at first and I couldn't find information on it, so I contacted customer service and two different people told me there was no reason it wouldn't stack. Then they added the info in their FAQ...
I remember reading it in their FAQ on day 1 when they started to do it here in Canada. There was some confusion on GAF though and many attempted to get it to stack with few success stores. It's still a great promo for games you aren't able to snag from e3.

bigJP

hows this deal from ebgames?

"Get an Xbox One S 500GB Battlefield 1 Console and Biogenik Thumb Grips for only $99.99 when your trade your original PlayStation 4 or Xbox One 500GB Console!"

Vamphuntr

I think it's absolutely worth it. I like VGP and want to support them even after the initial security breach, but I didn't know VGP was still leaking credit card numbers until it was mentioned a few weeks back in this thread.

(also in an ideal scenario it would give people a URL to tweet at VGP asking them to look into the matter, and maybe they'll actually fix their shit)

It's not a secret at this point. The only time my CC was compromised was after I bought from them. And that was before the big hack they had. For this one I had the protection from the PSN breach and I got an alert that my personal information was being compromised.VGP never emailed me about it. I had to look at the pastebin myself to see my personal info was in.

So 2/2 for me. I wouldn't recommend buying from them.

m23

hows this deal from ebgames?

"Get an Xbox One S 500GB Battlefield 1 Console and Biogenik Thumb Grips for only $99.99 when your trade your original PlayStation 4 or Xbox One 500GB Console!"

Great deal. I did it, though I traded mine in before they added bf1, got a $50 gift card to restaurants in instead. Few of my friends did the deal above.

Considering you get a new console, new game, 4k blu ray player I think it's well worth it.

Canon

Banned
So I just now got something in the mail from Best Buy after ordering it on November 25th. It got lost in the mail and the post office didn't even see it in their system. Furthermore it didn't even get shipped in a box.

Best Buy said they would refund me temporarily until it's confirmed I get the package, but I paid with a pre-paid credit card. Since I don't have enough money on the pre-paid credit card anymore, if they try to recharge me after refunding me what will happen? Ban me from their store? Don't really give a shit that much.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
NEW DEAL

Star Fox Zero - 39.99 at Amazon

Lowest price yet, still don't know if it's worth it at that price though.

Do you like Starfox 64? Did you enjoy, or at least tolerate, the motion controls in Zelda Skyward Sword? If you answered "yes" to both questions, I'd easily recommend SF0 at that price. Otherwise, your mileage may vary.

Do you like Starfox 64? Did you enjoy, or at least tolerate, the motion controls in Zelda Skyward Sword? If you answered "yes" to both questions, I'd easily recommend SF0 at that price. Otherwise, your mileage may vary.

I was yes to Star Fox and no to Skyward controls. I didn't really enjoy it. Doesn't help that there was no online multiplayer.

A missed opportunity.

FrsDvl

Anyone know the best place to get decent AA batteries for cheap? In store?

Must be prepared for the onslaught of toys for my kids from everyone.

Now they aren't the greatest but The Source has Infinicell batteries, 40AA and 20AAA for like $20

Got them for the same reason, toys. And they'll last long enough in toys.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I answer yes to both, yet I despise SFZ. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forced use of the Game Pad and motion controls go way beyond Skyward Sword for me. Anything that's not an Arwing feels like a tech demo and there are even very few well designed railshooter Arwing courses. For me to recommend to someone, it'd have to fall into the "Do you have $20 you want to throw away?" range.

Apologizes to those that like SFZ, I know it was fiercely defended by a lot of members.

SFZ was... frustrating for me. I kept trying to play it like SF64, to be fair, and the controls were a steep learning curve. Let's just say I did the last battle many many times.

It has some fun moments, though.

I answer yes to both, yet I despise SFZ. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Forced use of the Game Pad and motion controls go way beyond Skyward Sword for me. Anything that's not an Arwing feels like a tech demo and there are even very few well designed railshooter Arwing courses. For me to recommend to someone, it'd have to fall into the "Do you have $20 you want to throw away?" range.

Apologizes to those that like SFZ, I know it was fiercely defended by a lot of members.

Huge starfox fan here (original and 64), and I agree with this post completely. Zero was a let down, and hopefully bad sales send a message to get back to basics.

The U gamepad was borderline unuseable to me in the best of circumstances. Now you want me to play starfox with motion? Lol nope.

Ordered the Cowboy Bebop blu ray. Just curious, how's the art in this series? I ask because Japanese design is one of the main reasons why I've always admired anime from a distance. I'm a big fan of Yoji Shinkawa and MGS Art Books are about as close as I've come to appreciation of any thing in that realm.

There's a trade in deal for COD IW for PS4 and XOne, for those who care at EB Games. It's trade in two games with at least a TIV of $8, and it's a preeetty long list of eligible games. Gonna trade in DR3 and Smash Bros 3DS for it.

espher

I had to cancel cards twice after buying through VGP. The second card was a replacement for the first and I used it to replace the card I had on file with VGP after I had to cancel it, lol.

Never again.

antibolo

Banned
Ordered the Cowboy Bebop blu ray. Just curious, how's the art in this series? I ask because Japanese design is one of the main reasons why I've always admired anime from a distance. I'm a big fan of Yoji Shinkawa and MGS Art Books are about as close as I've come to appreciation of any thing in that realm.

Cowboy Bebop is one of the last great hurrahs of pre-digital anime production.

Magnus

$39 for Witcher 3 Complete (PS4) at EB, or $41 for Witcher 3 Complete (PC) on Steam...HMMM....

- I have plenty to play already - maybe I should wait till it's eventually even cheaper?
- I have a fairly beasty modern PC, and it'll no doubt look better there, but I'd prefer comfy couch setup on our huge TV/great home theatre. There's no way the PC is getting hooked up there right now, unfortunately.
- Got a PS4 Pro, but there's no patch for this, and I hear it's still spotty on framerate?

So... I used BB price match form online. It automatically add my order # with the game that I paid more for. I also included a link to the game on amazon. Here's their reply:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Lowest Price Guarantee for the Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
advertised on Amazon.ca.

Before to proceed, could you please provide us the specific link or web code in our website regarding your inquiry?

Once we have received the necessary information we will working in this matter

We look forward your response.

Sincerely"

What the hell do they want?

Edit: wow, the form that got sent gave an order number automatically and it does not correspond to anything I ever ordered (maybe it's a query "order" number). What a mess, I should have just used the phone...

killroy87

So... I used BB price match form online. It automatically add my order # with the game that I paid more for. I also included a link to the game on amazon. Here's their reply:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Lowest Price Guarantee for the Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
advertised on Amazon.ca.

Before to proceed, could you please provide us the specific link or web code in our website regarding your inquiry?

Once we have received the necessary information we will working in this matter

We look forward your response.

Sincerely"

What the hell do they want?

Edit: wow, the form that got sent gave an order number automatically and it does not correspond to anything I ever ordered (maybe it's a query "order" number). What a mess, I should have just used the phone...

I've literally never once had the online price match work at Best buy, they've always shut me down for some bullshit reason. In store, I've never had a problem.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Is Watch Dogs 2 worth $45?
Thing is I still haven't gotten through the games that I already have -_-

Quick

Banned
Is Watch Dogs 2 worth $45?
Thing is I still haven't gotten through the games that I already have -_-

If you think you can wait, it'll probably go down lower in price at a future deal.

I'd say it's worth it. Having bailed out on the first game, WD2 is a massive improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom