• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Definitely picking up Shovel Knight at $9.99 (or its CAD equivalent). Its funny that I don't buying these 2D indie games on PC but I always buy them on consoles and handhelds.

To be clear, Shovel Knight will get me base game plus all expansions? I will gladly bite at that price if so.

Stopdoor

To be clear, Shovel Knight will get me base game plus all expansions? I will gladly bite at that price if so.

I think this is overly optimistic, they're going with a new bundle model that probably means each part is $9.99 or something - the one listed there is Shadow of Torment, the original campaign is renamed "Shovel of Hope" or something

Zeeman

I think this is overly optimistic, they're going with a new bundle model that probably means each part is $9.99 or something - the one listed there is Shadow of Torment, the original campaign is renamed "Shovel of Hope" or something

Yeah, that's just the King Knight expansion. The full version is now called Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

NEW DEAL

91ii5F5EasL._AC_SX215_.jpg

$19.97

Saw this over at RFD and went to my local Wal-Mart. Lo and behold though it was behind the glass case that had the sticker of $69.99 on it, it rang up at $19.97.

Check your local Wal-Mart's.

tiijj

Basically for shovel knight from what I understand there are three campaigns right now which are us$9.99 each and treasure trove which includes all three plus the last one which cost us$24.99.

Anth0ny

Never seen a psvr at sdm, however my pro comes from there on launch day. 20x points on 330$ + redeeming 95K points. Thats a great deal

Waiting for when i ll buy a switch ans a scorpio like that, not in a hurry

Sooooo..... I just bought a PS4 Pro from shoppers :)

I also went to 20 Shoppers nearby to see if any of them had a PSVR. About 5 of them even still had a video game section, let alone a PSVR.

Unfortunately, I can't even redeem my $170 worth of optimum points on a gift card to buy the PSVR elsewhere, so I'm SOL for now.

Is it possible that I can go back and they can reduce my PS4 Pro purchase by $170? Like a retroactive use of my optimum points?

Sealtest

I'll prolly keep my Lego City Undercover even at the new price. I missed the WII U version and people keep saying it was a great game.

It also appears people are also going after CS to fix this on reddit. I expected these all to be cancelled so I don't get why they're expecting a fix when the price was a glitch in the first place.

tiijj

The discount glitch back when the "msrp" price of lego went from 79 to 69 that's why the discount got messed up again.

Fularu

Banned
I'll prolly keep my Lego City Undercover even at the new price. I missed the WII U version and people keep saying it was a great game.

It also appears people are also going after CS to fix this on reddit. I expected these all to be cancelled so I don't get why they're expecting a fix when the price was a glitch in the first place.

Just talk to a supervisor and ask him to check your preorder history (give him the proper timestamp for the email), they'll refund the difference once it ships.

Dont know if anyone here has already mentioned but this deal popped up in the RFD forums.

Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Edition is at Walmart for 19.96. Snagged a copy myself in Winnipeg, MB and it looks like its chain wide. Totally worth it even just for trade in filler at EB.

IMO looks like a price error so act fast might be fixed soon.

Thanks for this btw. Scooped it up just moments ago.

leeman

NEW DEAL

91ii5F5EasL._AC_SX215_.jpg

$19.97

Saw this over at RFD and went to my local Wal-Mart. Lo and behold though it was behind the glass case that had the sticker of $69.99 on it, it rang up at $19.97.

Check your local Wal-Mart's.

Damn, good deal, thanks for posting, going to check my Walmart tomorrow morn, hopefully it's still that price...

Anyone have experience with amiibo prime saving on Amazon? I noticed on .Com they seem to be covered but not on .CA, but maybe it's possible to get CS to do it?

leeman

Anyone have experience with amiibo prime saving on Amazon? I noticed on .Com they seem to be covered but not on .CA, but maybe it's possible to get CS to do it?

They are supposed to have 20% off at .ca but in reality you mostly have to contact CS. That being said, CS has been good. I have gotten 20% off on the Zelda, new SMB, and Yarn Poochy amiibo.

They are supposed to have 20% off at .ca but in reality you mostly have to contact CS. That being said, CS has been good. I have gotten 20% off on the Zelda, new SMB, and Yarn Poochy amiibo.

Nice, that's what I was hoping. Don't have prime but considering it, amiibo would be a nice plus.

xzoowy

What is the procedure to modify billing/shipping info on old FutureShop preorder, do I need to call BestBuy customer service ? (still got an order for Zelda WiiU and Persona 5)

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm stuck with the CTV feed because my Bell receiver OS decided to throw a shit fit and froze.
I fucking hate these garbage receivers and their garbage ass firmware, I'll switch to the Apple TV as soon as the new one comes out.

With CES now come and gone, are there any 4K TV's we should be keeping our eyes on? Potential price drops? Still hoping to grab an X800D once it drops a bit.

tiijj

I'm in New Brunswick, and I'm selling something on kijiji, and I'm getting dozens of one line replies from a guy in Quebec wanting me to ship it to him. I said no, and he told me his real name and asked me to check out the pics of him and his girlfriend on facebook lol I finally got fed up and told him to stop spamming me with replies as it is very annoying when I said no. So now he is spamming me with replies telling me how rude I am and I should be grateful that he offered me more than I asked. His last message was "Some people are fearful of everybody and trust noone...what can you do *sadface* LOL

Haines

Banned
Are you guys saying the original shovel knight is 9.99 now?

Been waiting to get that game at a low price. But maybe wait and get it on switch?

Lizardus

I'm in New Brunswick, and I'm selling something on kijiji, and I'm getting dozens of one line replies from a guy in Quebec wanting me to ship it to him. I said no, and he told me his real name and asked me to check out the pics of him and his girlfriend on facebook lol I finally got fed up and told him to stop spamming me with replies as it is very annoying when I said no. So now he is spamming me with replies telling me how rude I am and I should be grateful that he offered me more than I asked. His last message was "Some people are fearful of everybody and trust noone...what can you do *sadface* LOL

Send him a strong worded reply
in French.

The CTV contest is a mess. People send texts when required and receive replies telling that the entry is not elligible because it was received out of the elligible period. Fuck you Bell!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
CTV. Wish it was global though. Just pregame and sick of all the CTV tv show commercials. BTW, yes CTV hijacked the FOX's channel feeds.

Gaming Question. What games did or do Hamster Co make? There's a listing for the Nintendo Switch with the name Arcade Archives.

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/...rchives-switch
They've been porting arcade games to PS4 for a while now:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_Archives
Probably their biggest port is Double Dragon?

Quick

Banned
Hope someone can answer this here:

Is it possible to get my iPhone swapped out for a new/refurbished one before my AppleCare Plus coverage expires without my phone having any issues?

I've been told by a few people to just break my screen intentionally and pay the $80 to get the phone exchanged as an option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom