• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Hope someone can answer this here:

Is it possible to get my iPhone swapped out for a new/refurbished one before my AppleCare Plus coverage expires without my phone having any issues?

I've been told by a few people to just break my screen intentionally and pay the $80 to get the phone exchanged as an option as well.

Yup, that seems like the best option. Plus you get to break a phone :p

Oneself

Is it possible to get my iPhone swapped out for a new/refurbished one before my AppleCare Plus coverage expires without my phone having any issues?

I've been told by a few people to just break my screen intentionally and pay the $80 to get the phone exchanged as an option as well.
You can't exchange it if your phone is fine. So, yeah, many people will break it intentionally...

SickBoy

I don't know how they've been doing it in Canada lately, but I have heard that Apple is actually doing screen repairs at stores in the US. So if you're trying to get a new phone you may need to go further than breaking the screen.

Pats are getting shreked lols

sorry can't resist

SljlfHA.jpg

Finally managed to switch to the Fox feed.

Wow, the game's already over.

Heh.

I don't know how they've been doing it in Canada lately, but I have heard that Apple is actually doing screen repairs at stores in the US. So if you're trying to get a new phone you may need to go further than breaking the screen.

Apple repaired my screen when I cracked it, but it was a non-impact hairline crack. I had to wait a few days for them to get more screens in, as they did not want to replace it outright.

On the plus side, it was a free repair.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Why not just say the battery isn't working or something?

Has anyone who pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch on bestbuy.ca get an email saying the following:

Thank you for your recent order at BestBuy.ca! We just wanted to inform you that your pre-order item(s) is currently awaiting the release date. You will receive a Shipment Notice email as soon as inventory is ready.

What's weird is that under the Items Currently on Order heading, it still says March 3.

Don't think I should be worried who knows with Nintendo pre-orders nowadays.

teeg

Has anyone who pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch on bestbuy.ca get an email saying the following:

Thank you for your recent order at BestBuy.ca! We just wanted to inform you that your pre-order item(s) is currently awaiting the release date. You will receive a Shipment Notice email as soon as inventory is ready.

What's weird is that under the Items Currently on Order heading, it still says March 3.

Don't think I should be worried who knows with Nintendo pre-orders nowadays.

I've been getting those emails on my Zelda Wii U pre-order weekly since 2015. So you're safe, it's just how Best Buy does it.

Hmm, Switch games still don't seem to be showing up as release day delivery eligible on Amazon a month out from launch, including Zelda.

EDIT: So Lego City which is in April is eligible, but none of the March games are.

Hmm, Switch games still don't seem to be showing up as release day delivery eligible on Amazon a month out from launch, including Zelda.

EDIT: So Lego City which is in April is eligible, but none of the March games are.

From my experience, amazon has failed(for many) to deliver most nintendo games day 1 since around October-November so I won't be surprised if they don't bother shipping the switch stuff on time.

DownLoad

Yeah, I think I read a previous post (maybe it was from you haha) in this thread about someone getting credit, which is why I suggested it to them. Good to confirm that it is possible.

Guess I really just got rotten luck with CS reps... They're always incredibly quick to jump to "We can't do anything". I'll keep trying though! Thanks.

Just thought I'd update my situation.

Finally got an Amazon rep who was helpful. Added $24 to my account as credit for my Zelda WiiU order (E3 2015 30% off promo), which I was able to use and combine with the Prime 20% discount for the Zelda Switch order. Total before tax ended up being $40.

So if anyone else is in a similar boat, it's definitely worth while to try to get it switched!

iphys

Do you guys think with the Switch being region-free we'll get fairer prices on the eShop? Sick of US$19.99 being overcharged as C$28.19 or $29.99. Maybe we can even avoid taxes by buying from the US eShop.

Sealtest

Do you guys think with the Switch being region-free we'll get fairer prices on the eShop? Sick of US$19.99 being overcharged as C$28.19 or $29.99. Maybe we can even avoid taxes by buying from the US eShop.

The console and software will be region free. I doubt the eshop will be.

Even if it is I bet Nintendo will have some sort of restriction. It's Nintendo after all.

iphys

The console and software will be region free. I doubt the eshop will be.

Even if it is I bet Nintendo will have some sort of restriction. It's Nintendo after all.

You can create up to 8 accounts on your Switch, and access the eShop of the country associated with each account.

Sealtest

You can create up to 8 accounts on your Switch, and access the eShop of the country associated with each account.

I've seen that but with Nintendo I bet they will restrict credit cards and eshop purchases.

Somehow they will make it so it's hard to do what people want.

I don't want it too happen but I don't see them changing.

iphys

I've seen that but with Nintendo I bet they will restrict credit cards and eshop purchases.

Somehow they will make it so it's hard to do what people want.

I don't want it too happen but I don't see them changing.

They already lifted the restriction on the US eShop so that foreign credit cards can be used like they're getting ready for people to use foreign credit cards for Switch.

I talked to a amazon rep a couple days ago, and they told me that the delivery dates for my switch and games would be updated in the next week and a half. I'm hoping he's right because March 7-8th sucks.

nath999

FYI if anyone is still looking for Yakuza 0 Business edition, I ordered Yakuza 0 from EB games and they shipped the business edition. Seems like most places are OOS.

mdubs

Banned
FYI if anyone is still looking for Yakuza 0 Business edition, I ordered Yakuza 0 from EB games and they shipped the business edition. Seems like most places are OOS.

I got my copy of the Business Edition from Amazon today, so they still have it too

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Darn. When I bought my copy of Y0 at BB the other week they only had the standard edition.

I really wanted the business edition slipcover. :(
Other than the card holder, which I guess is nice but is basically just a made in China thing with some cards in it, you're not really missing much. lol

Just thought I'd update my situation.

Finally got an Amazon rep who was helpful. Added $24 to my account as credit for my Zelda WiiU order (E3 2015 30% off promo), which I was able to use and combine with the Prime 20% discount for the Zelda Switch order. Total before tax ended up being $40.

So if anyone else is in a similar boat, it's definitely worth while to try to get it switched!

Did you call in or just use chat for this? I really need to get on this I don't need my wii u pre order but could use the savings haha.

MutFox

Banned
Not sure if you guys would know, though for Amazon Canada is there a way to get the Switch on launch day?
Only options I see are 1-2 days shipping and longer ones...

I wanna take time off work at launch and just play Zelda.

tiijj

They upgraded it for free when I bitched about it the day after I preordered.

Edit: it was originally coming March 9-10th.

Hey, I am just waiting a couple of week to contact amazon about nintendo switch delivery date, mine show Mar7-8 :(

Mine's with the 2 day free prime with Mar 8-10 delivery. I hope they make this clear, some of the pre-order I have for the game and the case was set to mar 8-10 when they sent an email but some games says same day.

Mine's with the 2 day free prime with Mar 8-10 delivery. I hope they make this clear, some of the pre-order I have for the game and the case was set to mar 8-10 when they sent an email but some games says same day.

Weird, 1 2 switch, Bomberman, and Zelda are all March 7-8th for me. Amazon better get it together!

Jashobeam

Does it have all the bells and whistles (HD Rumble, NFC, Gyro etc.) or just a regular gamepad?

looking at the price it probably has no other extra features other than a turbo button mode. For indie games and fighters though I think this controller would be good enough.

tsundoku

Personally I have the 10th and 11th off as a normal weekend so i'm just throwing in the towel and taking the 9th off if anything.

Did anyone manage to find the damn LAN adapter available for sale? I thought the dock was going to use usb c ports or something so my Wii U lan adapter wouldn't work

tiijj

Weird, 1 2 switch, Bomberman, and Zelda are all March 7-8th for me. Amazon better get it together!

I got Zelda which is also mar 8-10. Then the lego (prime discount error) and sonic mania which are same day release delivery.

I dunno if I should go with amazon or bb. Amazon has really been terrible at dispatching their stuff in the last year or so but I had a bad experience with BB during the PS4 launch.

iphys

Did anyone manage to find the damn LAN adapter available for sale? I thought the dock was going to use usb c ports or something so my Wii U lan adapter wouldn't work

$40 at EB games. The dock has three USB ports, so your Wii U one should still work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom