• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
Your budget was 1500 and you said you couldn't afford the Ks8000 at 1800 so you went for the B6 at 2300 lol?

Not that I couldn't afford, I found it 'not reasonable' to invest in a 1K$-1.5K$ display for which I had to make sacrifices (black levels, shitty HDR, etc.).

But yeah, I had a drastic change of heart though, I admit. :lol

I wanted to buy a cheap-ass TV for the time that the OLED displays go down in prices a bit. But I thought ''If I buy a 1K$ display, wait three-four years and buy an OLED for let's say, 1.5K$+ in the end, even if I sell the previous one, it's more or less the same.''

I wanted to replace my old TV for something that offers a drastic upgrade, I think the OLED will give me what I want, yes it's pricey, but I'll keep it for a loooooong time. :)

At least I hope you approve my change of heart, hahaha! I know there's a bit of input lag when on HDR, but I saw the LG is planning to update the firmware to offer better results, so there's that at least.

I just went to a place where they had tons of TVs on display, I couldn't put my eyes off the OLED, the black is too perfect, all the others near it were fucking grey in comparison.

$55 each? You could get a controller instead!

Don't put off seeing a dentist. It just makes things worse.

I put it off for 20 years. I'm surprised how well they did getting everything cleaned up. It was about four appointments and my insurance just covered it.

Definitely some pain.

Two cavities and my gums will always have issues, that's my biggest regret.

I know. I'm being stupid. I'm scared shitless about what they will say, so I keep putting it off.

Our previous dentist retired several years ago, just out of the blue. A new woman took over the office, and she hired new dentists. I had a cavity I needed filled and went there. Got a young dentist who kept talking about American Idol's latest episode to her assistant, while doing the filling.

It fell out. Got it replaced (had to see her again else I'd need to pay again) and it fell out within a few weeks.

I swore I wouldn't go back, never got around to it, lost my insurance due to finishing college and didn't have insurance for several years. Until I got on disability recently, but now I'm too afraid of the pain and what it will cost outside of coverage.

I did go see the dental hygienists at the local college, for $30, but that was a few years ago. They said I had cavities. I didn't have coverage to get them fixed. I also have some the beginning of gum disease I think.

Now I have coverage, but I'm too afraid to go. It only covers basic dental...whatever that is (everywhere seems to be different). I know my one tooth has chipped from a cavity, another has a cavity, there's a ridge in between a top tooth and the gum...

Hedgey

Hoping to get that N3DS... Should I check Walmart or just wait till midnight and buy online?

It'll be on Amazon and BB right?

Fularu

Banned
This flash sale is prety meh..

Sony is starting to drop the ball on good prices.... or maybe it's just the shit canadian dollar making me say it I dunno

I know. I'm being stupid. I'm scared shitless about what they will say, so I keep putting it off.

Our previous dentist retired several years ago, just out of the blue. A new woman took over the office, and she hired new dentists. I had a cavity I needed filled and went there. Got a young dentist who kept talking about American Idol's latest episode to her assistant, while doing the filling.

It fell out. Got it replaced (had to see her again else I'd need to pay again) and it fell out within a few weeks.

I swore I wouldn't go back, never got around to it, lost my insurance due to finishing college and didn't have insurance for several years. Until I got on disability recently, but now I'm too afraid of the pain and what it will cost outside of coverage.

I did go see the dental hygienists at the local college, for $30, but that was a few years ago. They said I had cavities. I didn't have coverage to get them fixed. I also have some the beginning of gum disease I think.

Now I have coverage, but I'm too afraid to go. It only covers basic dental...whatever that is (everywhere seems to be different). I know my one tooth has chipped from a cavity, another has a cavity, there's a ridge in between a top tooth and the gum...

shouldnt worry about what they will think or the cost. dental health is important. will lead to more aches and pains as you get older

Ken Adams

Where did you order it from? I ordered one from Best Buy yesterday, and it says it's giong to be delivered tomorrow (Shipping from Richmond BC, coming to Calgary).

You should get it tomorrow, I ordered mine from BB on the 18 and Purolator said that it was being delivered today. Even though the tracking never got updated on purolators website all week but it ended up my door today. Mine was shipped from Van BC to Mississauga ON.

Rexaur

Not so much a deal, but since the small restock of NES Classic Editions yesterday I walked into EB Games today at lunch on a whim and they had one left!

It anyone's looking maybe give it a go today.

Not so much a deal, but since the small restock of NES Classic Editions yesterday I walked into EB Games today at lunch on a whim and they had one left!

It anyone's looking maybe give it a go today.

Yeah I'm sure they sent out stock for Black Friday. Probably too much of a nightmare to actively look for it though.

jcutner

I managed to get an order in for an NES Classic yesterday on Best Buy's site at 2:30 and it arrived today.

I don't know if I should hang onto it for Christmas as a gift/secret santa type of thing or try to sell it on Kijiji for $200. Decisions decisions.

I don't want it myself, I grew up as a Genesis gamer so I have no real nostalgic connection to NES games.

Madness

This N3DS sale a way to clear stock or games before Switch? Want to know if I should pick one up or just hold off and invest in Switch when it launches.

KamiCrit

[Langley, BC]

I got mine! Went to the EB games and they said they're selling them 2016-11-25 09:00. Afterwards I went to Walmart at 10:30 (3.5 hours after opening) and the lady pulled out a Black New 3DS from out back for me.

DSC00013_-_Copy.JPG

This N3DS sale a way to clear stock or games before Switch? Want to know if I should pick one up or just hold off and invest in Switch when it launches.

If you don't already have a 3ds the Switch probably won't be Back-compat so it's still worth getting.

If you have a 3ds already, the n3ds is a near worthless upgrade, speaking as someone who has one.

Fumpster

Generally speaking, how's the availability on the New 3DS' today? My Dad's picking one up (probably from Wal-Mart) but won't get a chance to go in until tonight. Has it been easy to find in Canada or is it typical Nintendo?

I figured he could get that SM3DL bundle as an alternative if that's still around anywhere...

Rbk_3

Not that I couldn't afford, I found it 'not reasonable' to invest in a 1K$-1.5K$ display for which I had to make sacrifices (black levels, shitty HDR, etc.).

But yeah, I had a drastic change of heart though, I admit. :lol

I wanted to buy a cheap-ass TV for the time that the OLED displays go down in prices a bit. But I thought ''If I buy a 1K$ display, wait three-four years and buy an OLED for let's say, 1.5K$+ in the end, even if I sell the previous one, it's more or less the same.''

I wanted to replace my old TV for something that offers a drastic upgrade, I think the OLED will give me what I want, yes it's pricey, but I'll keep it for a loooooong time. :)

At least I hope you approve my change of heart, hahaha! I know there's a bit of input lag when on HDR, but I saw the LG is planning to update the firmware to offer better results, so there's that at least.

I just went to a place where they had tons of TVs on display, I couldn't put my eyes off the OLED, the black is too perfect, all the others near it were fucking grey in comparison.

OLED is better than the KS8000 besides input lag, but KS8000 is far from having shitty HDR and black levels. But at that price its a hell of a deal and if I could do it again I would probably buy the B6 over the KS8000 but I am well past my return period. It would be tough though cause I am sensitive to input lag and the KS8000 is perfect there.

leeman

If you don't already have a 3ds the Switch probably won't be Back-compat so it's still worth getting.

If you have a 3ds already, the n3ds is a near worthless upgrade, speaking as someone who has one.

The SNES VC games are nice, and I have heard that Pokemon Sun / Moon run slower on a regular 3DS, but yes, not much else...

Dazzler

I managed to get an order in for an NES Classic yesterday on Best Buy's site at 2:30 and it arrived today.

I don't know if I should hang onto it for Christmas as a gift/secret santa type of thing or try to sell it on Kijiji for $200. Decisions decisions.

I don't want it myself, I grew up as a Genesis gamer so I have no real nostalgic connection to NES games.

don't scalp it

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I scalped mine. Easy decision imo.

NYR

Don't be a jerk. Donate it to a children's hospital, you can afford to do that.

Moltenix

As someone who isn't usually into shooters, I still think i'd like to pick up one of these, which one? Overwatch, TF2 and BF1.

Leaning more towards Overwatch or TF2. GAF impressions of TF2 campaign seems really good but i'm not sure how much i'd like the multiplayer. Also, I did enjoy the recent free weekend on Overwatch but that's online only. Hmmmm!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I had one in my cart on Best Buy, and it was gone by the time I hit checkout. Then I read all these posts about people getting them when they don't even want them, and it kind of pisses me off.

Especially when they get more than one.

More pissed off at Nintendo than anything, but seriously.

As someone who isn't usually into shooters, I still think i'd like to pick up one of these, which one? Overwatch, TF2 and BF1.

Leaning more towards Overwatch or TF2. GAF impressions of TF2 campaign seems really good but i'm not sure how much i'd like the multiplayer. Also, I did enjoy the recent free weekend on Overwatch but that's online only. Hmmmm!

TF2 for sure. It's the best overall package.

TF2 Campaign is superior. I kind of prefer the Battlefield 1 multi but not by much. Both have great multiplayers.

killroy87

TF2 for sure, then Overwatch, then BF1.

Keep in mind, all three are great games. But that would be my recommendation.

univbee

I know, but I'm worried they'll quote me thousands.

They never do anything when you initially show up beyond the initial checkup (any repair work is always a follow-up appointment you have to book), so you're not on the hook for more than 80 bucks or whatever, and then at least you know where you stand. If you don't have dental insurance and they want a small fortune, go to another country where dental work is way cheaper like Japan and get whatever you need there.

iLLmAtlc

I think I'll settle on Battlefront for $10 and call it a year, with FFXV and The Last Guardian coming so soon. Thanks for the informative posts y'all.

I know, but I'm worried they'll quote me thousands.

I can tell you that all the work I needed, roughly 20 years since my last visit, came out to around $1500. They want to do a bit more work but my insurance maxed out at that so I just have to wait until things reset.

Of course, I don't know your dental situation.

I had two cavities, required two visits for my cleaning and had a wisdom tooth pulled.

They did two examinations as well. One partial and one of the whole mouth with partial x-rays and one complete x-ray.

They never do anything when you initially show up beyond the initial checkup (any repair work is always a follow-up appointment you have to book), so you're not on the hook for more than 80 bucks or whatever, and then at least you know where you stand. If you don't have dental insurance and they want a small fortune, go to another country where dental work is way cheaper like Japan and get whatever you need there.

Also, depending on the dentist, they'll quote you a different price if they know that you don't have insurance. It wouldn't hurt to ask, as far as I'm aware. Go to the dentist!

Riptwo

Wait, how much cheaper is dental work in Japan? Seems like it would need to be a pretty drastic difference to make up for flight and lodging costs.

univbee

Wait, how much cheaper is dental work in Japan? Seems like it would need to be a pretty drastic difference to make up for flight and lodging costs.

I was living there and had the national health coverage (80% I think?) and got 10 fillings for 4000 yen ($40CAD at the time). Total. And the dentist apologized for how expensive it was.

So yes, if your mouth ends up royally messed up and requires upwards of "a plane ticket to Japan" amounts of money you might as well get a free trip out of it.

I can tell you that all the work I needed, roughly 20 years since my last visit, came out to around $1500. They want to do a bit more work but my insurance maxed out at that so I just have to wait until things reset.

Of course, I don't know your dental situation.

I had two cavities, required two visits for my cleaning and had a wisdom tooth pulled.

They did two examinations as well. One partial and one of the whole mouth with partial x-rays and one complete x-ray.

I think I have several cavities plus a chipped tooth. They told me one cavity developed under a previous filling.

I also have light gum disease as far as I know.

I try to brush, but keep putting it off and fall asleep without doing it a lot. Then I get up and go, "Oh, I want to have a Coke. No point in brushing beforehand."

I'm an idiot.

I have basic dental insurance through disability, but I don't know exactly what that covers and a lot of dentists won't take it because the government gips them.

Also, depending on the dentist, they'll quote you a different price if they know that you don't have insurance. It wouldn't hurt to ask, as far as I'm aware. Go to the dentist!

Yeah, that's true. It's basic dental.

When my Mom called our dentist a couple of years ago, they said they'd charge me 2008 or 2010 rates.

Ryde3

I just grabbed Titanfall 2 and Street Fighter V off of PSN using the 10% code, came to about 63$ for both - not bad! I also grabbed NBA 2K17 from Best Buy, can't wait to see it in 4K HDR.

Currently contemplating COD Legacy Edition for the remaster...

Dazzler

In my experience, dentists are VERY good at maxing out your yearly coverage, it's as if they know exactly what it is /s

Although I've paid pretty much zip out of pocket in the last two years for six fillings, four cleanings and a TMJ mouthguard so I can't complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom