• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gxgear

Sweet, got the Samsung 850 EVO and DQ Builder orders in, done for now. Holding off on Doom and Far Cry Primal until the $20 pricepoint.

baconcow

Visit Redflagdeals and visit any boxing day thread from the last 10 years. The queue system is not new.

Fair enough. I must have bought outside of the time period where they used a queue. I just don't remember them, even on Boxing Day. I remember their site being hammered, during a sale, before, and having a hard time checking out.

Dylan

Any advice? Deciding between these two monitors:

Samsung 28" 4K UHD 60Hz 1ms GTG TN LED FreeSync Gaming Monitor (U28E590D) - Black/Titanium Silver

and this:

BenQ 24" 144Hz 1ms GTG TN LED Gaming Monitor (XL2430T) - Black - Online Only

Both about $400 CAD.

I'm curious if it's worth getting a 4K monitor if I plan on using it mostly with a GTX 1070 laptop; alternatively I could pick up a PS4 Pro to use with this thing. Not sure i fit's smarter to just stick to a 1080p monitor at this size (4K is 28" and 1080p is 24").

edit: fuck me, also this

what do I do I'm paralyzed : (

Gxgear

Fair enough. I must have bought outside of the time period where they used a queue. I just don't remember them, even on Boxing Day. I remember their site being hammered, during a sale, before, and having a hard time checking out.

If it's any consolation I didn't know about it either, I actually thought it was something new they implemented to prevent the site from constantly crashing.

It's that time of the year another Sennheiser deal.

Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphones - $109.99 (regularly $299.95)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01JP436TS/

Premium, audiophile-grade over-ear, closed back headphones
Padded leatherette headband and luxurious velour covered ear pads perfect for long listening sessions

Compatible with virtually every audio device including phones, tablets, computers and stereo components

Two cable options included - 3m terminated with 6.3mm straight plug and 1.2m with 1-button remote terminated with 3.5 mm straight plug

Two-year limited warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer

Good Luck, it will go fast!

snack

Padded leatherette headband and luxurious velour covered ear pads perfect for long listening sessions

Compatible with virtually every audio device including phones, tablets, computers and stereo components

Two cable options included - 3m terminated with 6.3mm straight plug and 1.2m with 1-button remote terminated with 3.5 mm straight plug

Copped!

MarkusRJR

I wish I had money for this. Looks so nice. D:

orochi91

Decided to cancel my order for these, since I already have the original 598s that I picked up a couple years ago for ~$100.

Would have picked up a second pair if it were on sale, since I'd rather have the open-back version.

Aske

Fellow Canadians - those of you who bought new TVs and aren't keeping your old ones, what are you doing with them? I have a 42" 720p plasma. Works fine, but it's 10 years old. No idea if anyone will buy it, and having to keep it vertical when transporting is a huge pain. Anywhere I can offload or donate it? Throwing it away feels insane.

I actually also have a bunch of busted electronics I can't bring myself to throw away because they were so expensive when I bought them. Also some might have data that could be recovered. WTF do the rest of you do?

d1ddy

Fellow Canadians - those of you who bought new TVs and aren't keeping your old ones, what are you doing with them? I have a 42" 720p plasma. Works fine, but it's 10 years old. No idea if anyone will buy it, and having to keep it vertical when transporting is a huge pain. Anywhere I can offload or donate it? Throwing it away feels insane.

I actually also have a bunch of busted electronics I can't bring myself to throw away because they were so expensive when I bought them. Also some might have data that could be recovered. WTF do the rest of you do?

Ship me it 😢

Aske

Ship me it 😢

Don't worry - I wasn't really going to throw it away! I have some charity-knowing friends who will hopefully be able to make some needy family's Christmas super merry. Be useful to know if there are any other places people tend to take these things though, just in case they spurn my mighty plasma as "too much of a pain for us to take".

I got these ones a few years ago for Black Friday I wonder how they compare:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0042A8CW2/

bryt

Anyone have luck getting a New Nintendo 3DS at Walmart stores? I just got back from vacation and noticed that these things are on sale for $140. Thinking about heading there at 6AM today to try and snag one.

Lexxism

It has been a while since I last bought anything during BF or BD in bestbuy. I ordered a TV and remembering seeing an order # but I forgot to copy it. I checked my credit card and it doesn't show any pending transaction on my card. Is that really normal? I hope I was able to get one

edit: no email confirmation too. I guess I'm fucked lol

KhaosDragon22

Neo Member
It has been a while since I last bought anything during BF or BD in bestbuy. I ordered a TV and remembering seeing an order # but I forgot to copy it. I checked my credit card and it doesn't show any pending transaction on my card. Is that really normal? I hope I was able to get one

edit: no email confirmation too. I guess I'm fucked lol

You may not be able to see the order status/confirmation for a while. It took me almost 4 hours to get an order email with 3 games in it.

UberTag

I typically give my functional hand-me-down electronics to my parents as gifts.
Except for my video game hardware which just continues to pile up.

I bought a new 4K TV. The old 720p I have is going to my girlfriend's brother. The 1080p in the bedroom is going to my girlfriend's parents and the 1080p in the living room is going to my mom.

Sajjaja

In terms of sound quality, what are the differences between open and closed headphones? I know open allow more sound in and out but that's about it.

In terms of sound quality, what are the differences between open and closed headphones? I know open allow more sound in and out but that's about it.

Soundstage. Open back should be your only choice unless you need sound isolation (not wanting to be disturbed or disturb others).

I don't really know why Amazon is acting like this a big deal but XCom 2 is a lightning deal for the next 5 hours at $39.99 (the same price it is in a lot of places). I bought it though because copies in my neck of the woods seem to be pretty sparse.

Madness

Is XB1 S the cheapest 4K BD player out there?

In Canada yes. You can get the 500gb variant for under $299 which is what the standalone Philips and the curved 8500 Samsung UHD player are going for. A few of the Xbone S bundles are coming with digital games like Gears 4 or something which you can offload for more money back if you don't want to game on it at all.

These are some great prices for new releases on Amazon (Dishonored 2, Skyrim). Though for Skyrim I guess it's getting a more realistic launch price.

It took a while to load the damned site because of my Internet, but it seems that the red DS4 (new version) is all sold out online @ BestBuy and in store. So I guess I'll just be happy with the free black one I got yesterday.

Yasumi

Banned
Fairly tempted on the 598s, even though I'm already happy with my 449s. I pretty much just use them with my iPod though, so I doubt the difference would be *too* great.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Are there any reasonably priced small/mini PCs on sale?

Need one for a small cabinet I am making to run steam arcade games

A deal on raspberry pi would also be cool but boy what I'm looking for exactly

Please help. What stores or sites should i try for this

killroy87

Are these ones where the sound leaks a ton? Can I wear them at work?

Lexxism

In Canada yes. You can get the 500gb variant for under $299 which is what the standalone Philips and the curved 8500 Samsung UHD player are going for. A few of the Xbone S bundles are coming with digital games like Gears 4 or something which you can offload for more money back if you don't want to game on it at all.
300 huh. Still expensive for 4K BD.

Are these ones where the sound leaks a ton? Can I wear them at work?

These are the closed-back version, which should leak much less sound than the normal open-back version. That said, I have no direct experience with these headphones and so can't advise on this specific model. I do have a set of closed-back Shure SRH440 headphones at my office and they don't leak sound (because if they did, my extremely noise-sensitive neighbour co-worker would throttle me), so I think you're probably safe.

My PS4 Pro deal.

Got a email from staples. $40 off of orders $400 or more. Purchased through ebates for another 4% cash back. Saved me about $60.

So check your emails.

MarkusRJR

So my 6 month old laptop had a hard drive failure. Anyone know how fast Lenovo is with warranty repairs/replacements in Canada? I use my laptop daily for school so I can't afford to not have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom