• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is Amazon just matching others? Doesnt seemnlike they have any sales of their own.

Final Fantasy 15 is $59.97 on Amazon, might be late to the party but I just noticed it, I still have a $50 preorder but if you missed all those deals this seems pretty good.

Mupod

The Giant Bombcast sold me on Hitman. I swear they talk about that game for a half hour every week lately.

Same, enjoying it a lot so far even though I wasn't sure I would. I definitely enjoy watching giantbomb use proximity mines in the most incorrect ways possible but I'm personally a very methodical player. But it caters to both crowds very well. Just turn off opportunity tracking because it makes the game very paint-by-numbers and easy.

terrible

Banned

It seems weird having two completely different experiences but it's all down to the shape of your head. Other headphones that are supposed to be supremely comfortable make the top of my head hurt really quickly. Take the DT880s for example, after like 15 minutes the top of my head starts stinging lol. They are considered to be one of the most comfortable pairs of headphones around but that's not the case for me.

Kyolux

Jealous that some of you got FFXV shipped last night. Mine still isn't showing separately on amazon from the rest of the order.

And Best Buy turned off order status so I can't see my Future Shop order. bleh.. I'm hoping to get it on Monday since I get off work early because of a dentist appointment.

The Giant Bombcast sold me on Hitman. I swear they talk about that game for a half hour every week lately.
Same, enjoying it a lot so far even though I wasn't sure I would. I definitely enjoy watching giantbomb use proximity mines in the most incorrect ways possible but I'm personally a very methodical player. But it caters to both crowds very well. Just turn off opportunity tracking because it makes the game very paint-by-numbers and easy.

Ah, love Giantbomb but haven't been able to listen for a bit due to wonky podcast app issues, listening to them talk about it while playing may have just sold me!
Thanks, guys!

I bought the $8.99 starter mission for Hitman. Haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure it's my type of game. Going to sit down with it over the weekend and see if I like it.

bryt

Just got back from the Surrey Central Walmart and snagged a white NN3DS. They were out of black ones but had about 6 white ones left.

Leeness

Jealous that some of you got FFXV shipped last night. Mine still isn't showing separately on amazon from the rest of the order.

And Best Buy turned off order status so I can't see my Future Shop order. bleh.. I'm hoping to get it on Monday since I get off work early because of a dentist appointment.

My FFXV hasn't shipped either, even though I just bumped my order up by $30 to get priority shipping 😰

I passed on Hitman because of it being episodic. That really zapped my interest.

Maybe I'll buy it one day when it's dirt cheap, but I'm in no rush to bother with this sale. The last Hitman was a lot of fun, but Blood Money was too slow.

Cru Jones

For those who pre-ordered FFXV during E3 and had their's ship, what was the final adjusted price? Is it $50, or $35 ($50 minus 30% discount)? Mine is still showing as $50 but it hasn't shipped yet. Someone mentioned a couple weeks ago that it would get adjusted down by the 30% still.

kswiston

First episode of Hitman seems like something that will be in the 2016 holiday $10 Square-Enix mystery box (assuming they do one). I am holding off on that and the full season of Life is Strange in case that's the case.

Lightning Returns is another good candidate for bundling. The easter bundle had XIII-2 and the 2015 holiday bundle had XIII.

Hey guys I just bought the One S controller from walmart but I've noticed that the guide button takes a lot of force to register and I've not been able to consistently double tap to bring up the guide. Is this normal? I was going to exchange it today.

It sometimes takes more force than you'd expect. There are times where I'll go to press it and it won't register because I've just tapped it.

But it really depends on the amount of force you're talking about, and how you feel about it.

What kind of a monster are you.

But uh also yeah, don't get this game if you think Absolution is better than blood money.

I tried and tried to get into the old Hitman games. Also got Blood Money at launch (well, I pre-ordered it at Blockbuster, got a t-shirt I still have then had to wait because their shipment was days late.)

My friends loved it. I played it a few times, but couldn't get into it.

Just scrolled through the last couple pages and didn't find anything; any deals on Watch_Dogs 2 for console?
First episode of Hitman seems like something that will be in the 2016 holiday $10 Square-Enix mystery box (assuming they do one). I am holding off on that and the full season of Life is Strange in case that's the case.

Lightning Returns is another good candidate for bundling. The easter bundle had XIII-2 and the 2015 holiday bundle had XIII.

I believe that Life is Strange is (or was) 0.99$ on Steam if you grabbed the Ep.1 already/when it was free. May have been fixed since Wario posted it.

$300 headset for $100 seems amazing. But I ordered the Cloud Core headset for $60 and I dont think upgrading to spend $50 is a good idea.

Have to stay reasonable and not get lured into a frenzy. Presumably my $60 headset will work just fine for gaming, which is all I need it for

Lexxism

For those who pre-ordered FFXV during E3 and had their's ship, what was the final adjusted price? Is it $50, or $35 ($50 minus 30% discount)? Mine is still showing as $50 but it hasn't shipped yet. Someone mentioned a couple weeks ago that it would get adjusted down by the 30% still.
It's 50 but the 30% will apply when they ship it. So 35 + tax

Thinking of biting on Hitman for 35$, haven't been able to find a better deal on it and after Dishonored 2 I want more stealth fun.

$300 headset for $100 seems amazing. But I ordered the Cloud Core headset for $60 and I dont think upgrading to spend $50 is a good idea.

Have to stay reasonable and not get lured into a frenzy. Presumably my $60 headset will work just fine for gaming, which is all I need it for

Headsets suck. Go with headphones and a mic if you need to speak and be heard.

39.17 All in

2015 E3 preorder

Madness

300 huh. Still expensive for 4K BD.

Cheaper by about $36 compared to US though. But yeah. I find that the bundled games and bluetooth Xb1 controller offset the price of the Xbox One S though.

It's that time of the year another Sennheiser deal.

Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphones - $109.99 (regularly $299.95)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01JP436TS/

Premium, audiophile-grade over-ear, closed back headphones
Padded leatherette headband and luxurious velour covered ear pads perfect for long listening sessions

Compatible with virtually every audio device including phones, tablets, computers and stereo components

Two cable options included - 3m terminated with 6.3mm straight plug and 1.2m with 1-button remote terminated with 3.5 mm straight plug

Two-year limited warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer

Good Luck, it will go fast!

How do these compare to those Bose for $99 at Best Buy?

Moltenix

Is it worth going to EB for physical DOOM or just go digital from the comfort of home?

Their lines can get pretty crazy sometimes...

Dammit, should I stick with my $60 Cloud Core headset or go for the Sennheiser for $100, marked down from $300?

The extra $40-$50 sounds too much...but those savings!

Dazzler

Dammit, should I stick with my $60 Cloud Core headset or go for the Sennheiser for $100, marked down from $300?

The extra $40-$50 sounds too much...but those savings!

you'd already purchased when I saw you were asking for advice last night, but the PS Gold Headset is brilliant, and can be used on both PS4 and Xbox 1

you'd already purchased when I saw you were asking for advice last night, but the PS Gold Headset is brilliant, and can be used on both PS4 and Xbox 1

Yeah I already purchased but am thinking of canceling those to get this Sennheiser headset. I hear only bad things about the PS Gold Headset so Im avoiding those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom