• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

If I have shitty internet is it a bad idea to get Quantum break? IIRC there are live action cutscenes that needs to be streamed online or downloaded on to the console at a very hefty storage price

Aske

That Xbox One S...almost seems worth a try. But that blue is so ugly...can't do it. :lol

That's my attitude. I'd never have bought one if Sony hadn't dropped the ball so hard with media playback on the Pro. The official remote is lousy and automatically shuts down when not in use, so no quick and easy play/pause with it; and lack of UHD BD pretty much forced me into the horrifying green arms of the Xbone. Praise zombie Jesus for Black Friday.

If I have shitty internet is it a bad idea to get Quantum break? IIRC there are live action cutscenes that needs to be streamed online or downloaded on to the console at a very hefty storage price

That's correct. If you have a tough time streaming Netflix, for example, you'll probably also have issues with Quantum Break. Downloading all the cutscenes will require about 120GB. All that said, because it streams, there is some leeway for bad connections--the game can switch to a lower-quality stream if needed.

Bought the Samsung KU6300 from bestbuy for $1500 taxes in. Replacing my 58 inch 720p Panasonic plasma that I've had for 9 years.

Man what a difference. Uncharted 4 running on ps4 pro was insane to look at.

Wanted to reach for the KU8000 but at 60 inches it was $1200 more

I managed to score a White New 3DS... sort of.

I was out shopping with my mother, and right when I was about to buy it my mom remembered that she hadn't gotten me anything for Christmas yet, so she bought it instead to give to me on Christmas.

That's... great?

Xenoflare

That's correct. If you have a tough time streaming Netflix, for example, you'll probably also have issues with Quantum Break. Downloading all the cutscenes will require about 120GB. All that said, because it streams, there is some leeway for bad connections--the game can switch to a lower-quality stream if needed.

Haaaaa, I see, that's way more than I expected. I'll skip it then, thanks for the heads up

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Doesnt seem like theres any deals on movies. Was hoping to grab Mad Max and Edge of Tomorrow for cheap

That Xbox One S...almost seems worth a try. But that blue is so ugly...can't do it. :lol

Right? I can get 175$ trade in on my OG XB1 and get that $300 blue XBO S but....that blue.....

Yup, it's a hideous creature. I'm opting for the white 500GB Xbox One S from EB Games instead. $300 and you also get a $50 restaurant certificate with the option of about 10 places, including Milestones. And Red Dead Redemption on Xbox 360/backwards compatible, but I'm not interested in that.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
What's the best deal for a 65+ inch 4K TV?

There's a 65" LG for $1799 that has both HDR10 and Dolby Vision support, but I can't tell if it's actually a deal or not. Costco, for example says it's marked down by $1200, which is bullshit because it's the same price at every store where it's available, so I have a feeling that it's currently at the normal price and retailers are just pulling that shady move of showing it as if it's on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom