• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert807

I just bought the 299 $ Xbox at be games. I was disappointed to find out you have to fill out a web form and Mail your receipt to get that e card worth 50 $. I was hoping just use the code on the bottom of the receipt and get the e card right away. Stupid mail it in.

so i went to my local EB games to check out the used games selection.

I've been going to that location for years (early 90's), and seeing it now makes me real sad. I still remember the walls lined with big box PC games. Those were the days.

Now, it's stacked with Funko Pop figures. :(

Anyways, I wanted to see if they had DOOM for the PC in stock. They told me they were sold out, but the guy behind the counter also mentioned that there was a note on their system that said that particular item was now discontinued. Does that mean they're going to stop selling physical copies of DOOM for the PC? Doubt it, but I thought it was an interesting thing to share.

Dazzler

Is it odd I don't even look at the EB Games deals because the actual experience of going into one of their stores is so horrible?

Iced

so i went to my local EB games to check out the used games selection.

I've been going to that location for years (early 90's), and seeing it now makes me real sad. I still remember the walls lined with big box PC games. Those were the days.

Now, it's stacked with Funko Pop figures. :(

Anyways, I wanted to see if they had DOOM for the PC in stock. They told me they were sold out, but the guy behind the counter also mentioned that there was a note on their system that said that particular item was now discontinued. Does that mean they're going to stop selling physical copies of DOOM for the PC? Doubt it, but I thought it was an interesting thing to share.

$20.42 at cdkeys right now with code cdkeysblack10 at checkout.

chaosaeon

Is that Sennheiser deal really good or no? Still debating whether to get them.

Ehh, I tried the open back version ( like a cream color with dark brown earpads) and still ended up liking a cheaper set I had more. The open back version of these would be better too, unless you need sound isolation. Open back ones let some sound out but that makes it sound like there's more depth and distance or physical spacing to the sound. Closed back would be better for maybe a room with a bunch of people in it or outside if you didn't want people on a bus to hear what you're listening to for example. It being amazon though you could always try them out and return them if you don't like them. Could be worth trying in case you do like them.

I think it's safe to say that Nintendo undershipped the new 3DS.

The price point is very good ($100 in the US, $140 here). Demand is high since Pokemon came out last week. Yes, there are the scalpers, but how much would they hope to resell for? $150-200 and then you're getting in range of the Mario 3D Land bundle and the bigger XL. It's not as lucrative as, say, an NES Classic.

Mom really wants an iphone.

I want a macbook.

If I buy a Macbook Pro and get the $200 gift card, can I use it on the purchase of an iphone 6s Plus and get the $70 discount for 6S Plus too?

And then maybe use that $70 discount for another 6S plus?

Nicodemic

Is it odd I don't even look at the EB Games deals because the actual experience of going into one of their stores is so horrible?

I've been going to the same EB since forever so they know me and skip the pitch when I'm buying something. But it's been the same employees for quite sometime now. I'd be like you though and avoid it like the plague if I had to get through the whole speech everytime.

btkadams

How often does amazon restock? I just ordered Overwatch (Christmas present) and it's out of stock, will ship when available apparently.

Lexxism

Mom really wants an iphone.

I want a macbook.

If I buy a Macbook Pro and get the $200 gift card, can I use it on the purchase of an iphone 6s Plus and get the $70 discount for 6S Plus too?

And then maybe use that $70 discount for another 6S plus?
If they won't let you do that on the same store, visit another store and use the gift card.

theRizzle

Forgot to unsub from Humble Monthly (again) so I have an extra Dragon's Dogma key, as well as some leftovers. The Star Wars ones MAY NOT WORK so don't get too bummed, but I think they should be fine.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315377.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars: Battlefront II (MIGHT NOT WORK) -- MB-F51969EC92D13631 - Taken by Grease Bits. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces (MIGHT NOT WORK) -- MB-ED1A6A3A4AF8C9B8
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-F895AA77855B3761 - Taken by Zeeman. 12 entrants total.
TIS-100 -- MB-A293D633D8E1BB8E - Taken by Indelible. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II -- MB-10AE6C3EEE3644E5 - Taken by Grease Bits. 2 entrants total.

t1480108239z1.png

Lexxism

Anyone experienced bestbuy schedule delivery? Do they ask you your prefer time and date? Plus, do they do delivery on weekends?

theRizzle

Anyone experienced bestbuy schedule delivery? Do they ask you your prefer time and date? Plus, do they do delivery on weekends?

I had it from Futureshop before, can't imagine it's much different. I chose a preferred window of time if I remember correctly. Not sure about the weekends.

The TV I eventually went with was the Sony Bravia 49X800D for $999 at Best Buy. The 10bit panel/hdr and lag time plus the price all met what I needed. Also, as a bonus, I think I can actually install emulators on the Android interface and use a Dualshock 4 that can pair with the TV.

Madness

Ehh, I tried the open back version ( like a cream color with dark brown earpads) and still ended up liking a cheaper set I had more. The open back version of these would be better too, unless you need sound isolation. Open back ones let some sound out but that makes it sound like there's more depth and distance or physical spacing to the sound. Closed back would be better for maybe a room with a bunch of people in it or outside if you didn't want people on a bus to hear what you're listening to for example. It being amazon though you could always try them out and return them if you don't like them. Could be worth trying in case you do like them.

Bought. I don't think they'll be that bad where I would want to return them. Lets hope they are at least better than the junk I had been using all this time.

Any advice? Deciding between these two monitors:

Samsung 28" 4K UHD 60Hz 1ms GTG TN LED FreeSync Gaming Monitor (U28E590D) - Black/Titanium Silver

and this:

BenQ 24" 144Hz 1ms GTG TN LED Gaming Monitor (XL2430T) - Black - Online Only

Both about $400 CAD.

I'm curious if it's worth getting a 4K monitor if I plan on using it mostly with a GTX 1070 laptop; alternatively I could pick up a PS4 Pro to use with this thing. Not sure i fit's smarter to just stick to a 1080p monitor at this size (4K is 28" and 1080p is 24").

edit: fuck me, also this

what do I do I'm paralyzed : (

Go for the 4K Samsung, it is a great monitor. The 144hz monitor is only 1080p.

Your 1070 Laptop should run about 20% slower than a regular 1070. In my experience, a regular 1070 does 4k at 30-40fps on almost all AAA games at Ultra. If you turn down settings a bit, you should certainly be able to get 30fps at 4K on your laptop. You could also consider lowering the resolution to 1440p or something like 1800p, and you would still get great performance and image quality.

I wouldn't get that 1080p 144hz monitor, you can get cheaper 144hz 1080p monitors when there aren't even sales on, that's not a deal, but that 4K is an awesome deal.

Zeeman

Forgot to unsub from Humble Monthly (again) so I have an extra Dragon's Dogma key, as well as some leftovers. The Star Wars ones MAY NOT WORK so don't get too bummed, but I think they should be fine.

Thanks for being so generous.

Stupid Best Buy, incapable of letting me see if my NES Classic is actually coming today thanks to their stupid website

Lexxism

I had it from Futureshop before, can't imagine it's much different. I chose a preferred window of time if I remember correctly. Not sure about the weekends.
I see. I wonder what's their late delivery? Hopefully they have an evening option if they don't have a weekend delivery.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Bought the Samsung KU6300 from bestbuy for $1500 taxes in. Replacing my 58 inch 720p Panasonic plasma that I've had for 9 years.

Man what a difference. Uncharted 4 running on ps4 pro was insane to look at.

Wanted to reach for the KU8000 but at 60 inches it was $1200 more

It's an awesome TV for gaming, really low input lag. I bought the 65 inch version and its glorious.

superbad

Traded in my first generation Magma Red Dualshock 4 at EB today and picked up one of the new Gold ones.

Coming from someone who generally does not like anything gold, it's beautiful. The entire controller has a matte finish, even under the D-pad and buttons. The back is a different, kind of butterscotch colour, and it's the newest revision with the touch pad light bar.

Very happy with it.

TIV on Dualshock 4s is $30 + Edge bonus, in case anyone is wondering.

I had ordered a N3DS last night from Best Buy... Wandered in this morning and they had them on the shelf, so grabbed one.

Amazon's 20% off new releases is a really awesome deal, used it to get Pokemon Sun.

kevin1025

Banned
Does Best Buy's trade-in prices get wonky when there's Black Friday type sales? Gears of War digital code works out to around $38 on the Microsoft Store (US side), and the Best Buy trade-in is $35. I'll wait a couple of days before going into the madness, so I was curious!

How often does amazon restock? I just ordered Overwatch (Christmas present) and it's out of stock, will ship when available apparently.

I think it's all dependent on when the distributors send the items to Amazon, or when they order the items from said distributors. They re-stocked 'Yomawari: Night Alone' within a week, however I'm still waiting for stock on 'Strange Things Soundtrack Volume 1' (Oct. 21) and 'Overcooked Gourmet Edition' (Nov. 15).

Usually you'll get weekly e-mails about the items until the come back in stock.

That was incredibly painless. Walked into the eb games and right up to the till and got mafia 3, then sport check for some cheap DC shoes. Took about 25 minutes in and out of the mall. Easiest black Friday ever. Now to wait for Amazon to deliver my steam link.

Thanks for being so generous.

Stupid Best Buy, incapable of letting me see if my NES Classic is actually coming today thanks to their stupid website

Did you not receive a shipping email?

I ordered some stuff yesterday morning and I'm not actually sure whether or not it shipped. I don't know if they are sending out shipping emails right now and I can't check my order details.

That was incredibly painless. Walked into the eb games and right up to the till and got mafia 3, then sport check for some cheap DC shoes. Took about 25 minutes in and out of the mall. Easiest black Friday ever. Now to wait for Amazon to deliver my steam link.

Went to the one near my workplace and the lineup was ridiculous so I didn't even bother.

you got the correct game :) ...

chaosaeon

Just a head's up, Dishonored 2 is $50 pretty much everywhere right now, but it looks like Best Buy is the Limited edition that comes with the first game while others are just the standard version. Oh, last post of the page, hopefully people are reading the previous pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom