• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

As soon as I send the email asking why EB hasn't shipped my game, I receive a shipment confirmation email 30 minutes later, haha. Funny how that works out.

It's express, so (hopefully) I receive it tomorrow! I still need to set up/transfer my current PS4 to my PS4 Pro. I guess I should take care of that tonight.

firelogic

I hate Best Buy so much right now. Why is it so hard to ship things on time? Like 80% of the games I order no matter where I order from come days after release.

Whatever, guess I'll just head to a store and return my shipped copy. *shrug*

I'm baffled that my copy hasn't shipped either. They're usually on the ball, shipping as early as Friday and no later than Monday afternoon. At this rate, I won't get the game until Thursday or Friday.

kaiyo

The Source has a 2TB Western Digital for $99. Find a $1 filler item and use the $25 off code you get when you sign up for the email list.

Do not get WD portable drives if your taking them out to use internally. WD have frankenstein usb. the usb is soldered on to the pcb

Here I am totally shipped that my shipping didn't ship. I was reloading my ship when I realized that shipping ships would be the same old ship, as usual. I was not really shipping but I still acted shipped. One day I will play ship shiping.

Cyber Monday

Reckheim

I'm baffled that my copy hasn't shipped either. They're usually on the ball, shipping as early as Friday and no later than Monday afternoon. At this rate, I won't get the game until Thursday or Friday.

Yeh, I've never had issues either with amazon but my copy is still showing that its arriving on Dec 6th?

Hoping that the warehouse shipping the game just hasn't updated their system yet.

Canon

Banned
Post office didn't charge me for a bubble mailer, will this screw me over if the barcode goes off or something in processing? It's just lettermail but will they throw it out or anything? I did pay for the stamp at least.

Unimportant details: I was at the post office and I had a game I needed to mail in a bag (ran out of bubble mailers), I took it out in front of the only employee working and she obviously saw me looking at bubble mailers. I put the game in one of the mailers by the cash and taped it with my own tape. I even asked her if she could tape it better for me and she did. She weighs it and then charges me for the stamp, but she didn't charge me for the bubble mailer. Didn't notice until leaving the store and I wasn't going to drive back just to pay $1.79. I'm only worried they will throw the mail out or something.

firelogic

Yeh, I've never had issues either with amazon but my copy is still showing that its arriving on Dec 6th?

Hoping that the warehouse shipping the game just hasn't updated their system yet.

Did you choose free shipping? I haven't ordered from Amazon in a while but I read somewhere that if you pick free shipping, they'll deliberately hold on to it for a few days after release and then ship so it will arrive by the Tuesday following the release date.

Can anyone confirm that's what they do now?

farisr

Did you choose free shipping? I haven't ordered from Amazon in a while but I read somewhere that if you pick free shipping, they'll deliberately hold on to it for a few days after release and then ship so it will arrive by the Tuesday following the release date.

Can anyone confirm that's what they do now?
Discounted preorder + free shipping? Absolutely. It seems like they have tiers for shipping priority, it likely goes:

1. Prime Regular price + Paid shipping
2. Prime Discounted price + Paid shipping
3. Prime Regular price + Free shipping
4. Prime Discounted price + Free shipping = Regular Price + paid shipping
5. Regular Price + free shipping = Discounted Price + paid shipping
6. Discounted Price + Free shipping

PFD

Yes if you're talking about the Day One edition, thank god.

So with FFXV fulfilled, my FS preorders that remain:
Kingdom Hearts 3
Warrior's Lair (RIP)
Deep Down (RIP in pepperoni)
The Dark Sorcerer (RIP in peace)
The Last Guardian (GrrrrrRIP since it's for PS3 and FS forced people off that order)

Did you preorder an E3 demo?

BadHand

I hate Best Buy so much right now. Why is it so hard to ship things on time? Like 80% of the games I order no matter where I order from come days after release.

Whatever, guess I'll just head to a store and return my shipped copy. *shrug*

I feel your pain... and all these people receiving it a few days early. So jealous.

I've pre-ordered what feels like hundreds of games in my years, the only game I've received before release date was a Lego game, a gift for my niece. For a split second it felt pretty good.

firelogic

Discounted preorder + free shipping? Absolutely. It seems like they have tiers for shipping priority, it likely goes:

1. Prime Regular price + Paid shipping
2. Prime Discounted price + Paid shipping
3. Prime Regular price + Free shipping
4. Prime Discounted price + Free shipping = Regular Price + paid shipping
5. Regular Price + free shipping = Discounted Price + paid shipping
6. Discounted Price + Free shipping

Those sneaky bastards. I guess it makes sense from their point of view. There'd be no point to Amazon Prime or their other expedited shipping if free shipping gets you products just as quickly.

I feel your pain... and all these people receiving it a few days early. So jealous.

I've pre-ordered what feels like hundreds of games in my years, the only game I've received before release date was a Lego game, a gift for my niece. For a split second it felt pretty good.

lol, I'm with you. I've only gotten one game early and it was The Order 1886. I got it on Tuesday when it was a Friday release. 3 days early. Felt good until I finished the game in 5.5hrs.

Best Buy order just updated online with a tracking number that doesn't track, and no shipping email yet. At least it's progress. Shipping this late I doubt it'll make it here tomorrow, but here's hoping...

No pre-order bonus though...

TechJunk

Post office didn't charge me for a bubble mailer, will this screw me over if the barcode goes off or something in processing? It's just lettermail but will they throw it out or anything? I did pay for the stamp at least.

Unimportant details: I was at the post office and I had a game I needed to mail in a bag (ran out of bubble mailers), I took it out in front of the only employee working and she obviously saw me looking at bubble mailers. I put the game in one of the mailers by the cash and taped it with my own tape. I even asked her if she could tape it better for me and she did. She weighs it and then charges me for the stamp, but she didn't charge me for the bubble mailer. Didn't notice until leaving the store and I wasn't going to drive back just to pay $1.79. I'm only worried they will throw the mail out or something.

No don't worry. You just saved $1.79 through the cashier's mistake if anything. No way they throw out your mail or something, they have a responsibility to deliver it now that they have accepted it.

Vinc

FS order has shipped here as well, likely not getting here tomorrow but it's ok, I'm also getting a digital copy.

I'm hyped into oblivion.

Gogo_ZvC

Final Fantasy XV PS4
Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 49.96

Item Subtotal:
CDN$ 49.96

Shipping and handling:
CDN$ 3.99

E3 30% off promo:
-CDN$ 14.98

Tax Calculated (GST/HST):
CDN$ 5.07

Total:
CDN$ 44.04

Totally forgot I ordered this way back then... Feels good getting it at this price.

Fuck man I'm seriously not gonna be getting FFXV tmrw am I :(

Well I guess it doesn't matter that much as I wasn't planning on playing until I got my 4KTV which isn't coming till Thursday, but I would be nice to at least have it on launch day and install all the updates and shit so it's ready to go for when I do get the TV

Though if I do get it tmrw I'll probably cave and play it cause I'm weak

EDIT: LOL 10 mins after posting this and it actually ships. Same thing happened with Pokemon last week actually. Got the shipping notification around the same time (like 11:30), but it still came the next day so I'm pretty sure I'll get it tmrw.

Quadratic

I posted in the Toronto community thread so apologies for cross posting.

I have an old Futureshop 2013 pre order of FFXV PS4 for 45 tax in. Does anyone want it locally (GTA) at that price? I got a slightly better deal from Amazon so I'll be returning the FS copy to Best Buy if I don't find anyone who wants it.

There's a Toronto GAF meetup in early Dec if you want to grab it then.

I think I'm going to hold off on buying anything in the Steam sale, since I've got Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Watch Dogs 2, Titanfall 2 and Final Fantasy XV to play for December, which should be plenty until Winter Seal. Which means my final haul looks something like this:

Titanfall 2 PC
Forza Horizon 3 PC/XB1
Recore PC/XB1
Jackbox Party Pack 3 PS4

plus some random stuff:

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 w/ pen ($100 off in the US and not even available here for some dumb reason)
tablet case
128GB flash drive
Steam Link
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

So all told, actually kind of a lot, but it doesn't feel like I spent that much for some reason. Wasn't planning on buying a tablet but I stupidly sat on mine and cracked the screen while on vacation this month. Ooooops.

Oh, and to confound whoever's keeping track of Cyber Monday vs. FFXV shipping posts: my Best Buy order shipped at 10:30pm ET via Purolator, so decent chance I actually get it tomorrow. That's my last Future Shop pre-order, sadly.

Pogonip

Neo Member
FFXV shipped today but set to arrive December 1st. Those Amazon Prime benefits are paying off! (I understand it's probably because of Black Friday shipping overload, but ugh)

Bought the Final Fantasy XV Deluxe Edition and a collector's edition strategy guide for a total of $132.09 after the prime discount. Not bad! Now I just need the PS4 Pro to get back in stock because no other Canadian website is accepting my overseas credit card :(

explodet

My final weekend haul:

GTAV
Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack (Xmas gift)
RE7/For Honor $50 preorders
128GB USB3 drive
WD 3TB external drive
SFV Season Pass

I also changed my phone plan to a 4GB data limit and save about $20 a month. I was paying way too much for a while.

And FFXV is on its way.

farisr

Came very close to buying Hitman, but stuck to my principles. While they took a good step allowing unlocks to be used offline, they still need to allow you to get those unlocks offline as well, which they don't yet.

So ended up using the 10% discount code on Battlefront and the FFXV season pass.

i-Jest

Missed my chance at $35 TMS due to Visa Checkout being trash. Oh well.

I suspect the next time we see it comparably cheap is during the time retailers put Wii U games on clearance, to make way for the Switch.

Persona 5 News

Seems preorders are back up for all versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom