• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Neoxon

And now i can't be happier for him to be out of the franchise.
At least with Joss gone (as much as I enjoyed the first 2 Avengers movies), they can finally let the Avengers know that Coulson is still alive. Originally the Avengers weren't aware because any records of Coulson being revived were kept off of the SHIELD files (which eventually got leaked in Winter Soldier, so good call on Fury's part). I'm gonna guess that the rise of the Inhumans that will come in Season 3 of SHIELD will spill into Civil War as far as the Superhuman Registration Act goes.

ttimebomb

Fun Fact: Joss Whedon wasn't a big fan of the Russos reviving Bucky for Winter Soldier (same applies to the comics).
When did Joss say this? Also it would've been Feige who revived him as the Russos' said that when they came on board the basic plot outline had already been done.

kirblar

Fun Fact: Joss Whedon wasn't a big fan of the Russos reviving Bucky for Winter Soldier (same applies to the comics).
He fucking did it to Colossus.

I agree with the decision to not touch Coulson in A2, though, movie had more than enough crap going on elsewhere.

Neoxon

When did Joss say this? Also it would've been Feige who revived him as the Russos' said that when they came on board the basic plot outline had already been done.
At first I saw it on an interview a while back, but then an Emergency Awesome video referenced the interview so I know I didn't go crazy. I'd go hunting for the interview, but my Google-Fu isn't on-point.

Good thing he never revived anyone and gave them their own TV show or anything.
Oddly enough, that's one of Joss' biggest regrets.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
At first I saw it on an interview a while back, but then an Emergency Awesome video referenced the interview so I know I didn't go crazy. I'd go hunting for the interview, but my Google-Fu isn't on-point.

Oddly enough, that's one of Joss' biggest regrets.
Yeah. he says it often enough. I'm glad he did it though, I always enjoyed Coulson's character in the films

Wait, what? Sources, I need sources.

http://www.gamesradar.com/all-hail-the-king-drew-pearce-interview/
What other One Shots had you written that didn't quite make it to fruition?

Oh, gosh - lots of them. One that was Sin and Crossbones (from Captain America ). I love Jessica Jones, and while obviously Jessica Jones and Alia s is NOW going to exist in the Netflix part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) , I'd always obsessively been trying to put her in stuff I'd been working with Marvel on… but about three or four other ones, too.

My Marvel obsession with Damage Control is still there… but it's pretty difficult to make into a short. The clue is in the title that you have to do a lot of damage to then control it - and that's not really in the budget of a short movie. I just think it's got huge potential as a franchise.

Dai101

Banned
Man, that Whedon Hate is annoying.

image.php

Not hate at all. But i'm really glad he is off now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He fucking did it to Colossus.

I agree with the decision to not touch Coulson in A2, though, movie had more than enough crap going on elsewhere.
There was a running gag, that dead people in the MU dont stay dead unless they are Uncle Ben and... Bucky.
Colossus wasnt mentioned in this.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I like Whedon's work, but he was clearly feeling constrained after A2. Him being out is a good thing, now he can pursue an original smaller project while the Russos take the helm. It's a win no matter how you look at it.

Yousefb

See, this is why we need Nova.
Nova_3_dif_creeds.jpg

"I ripped him inside out and saved the galaxy. What have YOU done lately, Tony?"
Where is this from exactly? Cause when I was reading the Post-Annihilation stuff Nova is contacted by Tony about joining his cause and Richard was all "thank you sir I'll think about it" etc. I was waiting for this epic verbal smackdown to happen but it never came.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Any more confirmation yet on Butterfield being tapped as Spidey?

I know Latino Review ran with it, but has anyone else come out and said anything more?

Top Bottom