• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

zlatko

Banned
In case anyone is done with their copy...I'm trying to trade a copy of my Call of Duty Black Ops on 360 for either PS3 or 360 version of Lords of Shadow in the buy/sell/trade thread.

:( Help a brotha out.

Decado

Valkyr Junkie said:
The first 3 hours suck. How far are you?
Late into the second chapter. Hit detection seems off, too.

Also, the mute bitch who talks in your head is pissing me off. So annoying.

Fry's Electronics has this on sale for $20 this weekend for PS3 & XBox360 so I grabbed a copy (thank you Cheapassgamer.com forums). I thought the demo was OK but not worth full retail. A friend of mine told me that on the 360 the minor frame rate stuttering could be fixed by changing the console video output to 720P (as oppsoed to 1080P)in the dashboards settings. Well after my 4th run through through Mass Effect 2 I'll give this a shot.

So anyone else want to speculate on what the dlc will hold?

Here's hoping there are some new enemies as well as new movies to buy cause I'm sitting on 170k of xp that I'd like to use up.

Foffy

Banned
Henchmen21 said:
So anyone else want to speculate on what the dlc will hold?

Here's hoping there are some new enemies as well as new movies to buy cause I'm sitting on 170k of xp that I'd like to use up.

Reverie seems to have a co-op element
with Laura, and happens to involve a time machine and the Vampire Castle, so maybe you fight the Bernhards.

Resurrection is currently a big blank, though the title may hint at what it offers..

Yeah the part with Laura was waaay to short in the main game. Also those puppet-enemies were never fought against again.

Coop with Laura or you have to play some parts of it with her ála Ashley RE4.

But the Resurrection DLC is more interesting, if that is set in modern day. Who do you play as? what weapons do you use? How long is it? Who is the enemy? ;D

I'm glad that they deal with that on the DLC instead of Castlevania 2 being all set in the modern age...

Foffy said:
Reverie seems to have a co-op element
with Laura, and happens to involve a time machine and the Vampire Castle, so maybe you fight the Bernhards.

Resurrection is currently a big blank, though the title may hint at what it offers..
I don't know why people keep assuming that. She's probably AI controlled just like Zobek was.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Still haven't finished this.

I was so hyped for this game, but the technical problems just keep pushing me away. Every time I sit down to play, I inevitably run into an area with a really low framerate and just turn it off in disgust. What a waste.

This game needs a PC version!

How is the second half of the game? I've played basically halfway through (according to the map book). Is it good enough to push on? I mean, it is pretty fun, but the lousy performance that crops up is a real downer. I've noticed that some stages run much smoother than others, so there is hope that it will improve if things stay indoors.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Overall, I really liked the game, other than the length. They really needed to shave off about 25% of it. Some sections certainly seemed like padding.

dankir

Nemesis556 said:
This is hilarious.

I just found a way to beat
Satan
within less than six minutes on Paladin AND complete the trial!

That being said, surely this method has been discovered. >_> It involves Shadow Magic.

Same here, I just spammed the Ultimate light and shadow attacks as soon as he changed colors. The Ultimate Shadow does 500 damage on all difficulties against him. I didn't even try to be tactical lol.

I beat the trail and on paladin in one shot :)

dark10x said:

I was so hyped for this game, but the technical problems just keep pushing me away. Every time I sit down to play, I inevitably run into an area with a really low framerate and just turn it off in disgust. What a waste.

How is the second half of the game? I've played basically halfway through (according to the map book). Is it good enough to push on? I mean, it is pretty fun, but the lousy performance that crops up is a real downer. I've noticed that some stages run much smoother than others, so there is hope that it will improve if things stay indoors.

The game has some slow down. Games aren't perfect.
Overall the game was enjoyable with some memorable parts. For a third party game this is a beaut.

Nemesis_

dankir said:
Same here, I just spammed the Ultimate light and shadow attacks as soon as he changed colors. The Ultimate Shadow does 500 damage on all difficulties against him. I didn't even try to be tactical lol.

I beat the trail and on paladin in one shot :)

Ultimate Light and Shadow both make Paladin ridiculously easy too. >_>

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
CitizenCope said:
The game has some slow down. Games aren't perfect.
Overall the game was enjoyable with some memorable parts. For a third party game this is a beaut.
Games aren't perfect? Come on, man, I know what you're getting at but Castlevania is way way way WAY below the standard in that regard. It's REALLY bad. It has serious performance problems that detract from the game in a way that I have not experienced in years. It's much worse than the average game out there, I'm afraid.

Spiegel

KCB4i.jpg

UVX1N.jpg

7A7ks.jpg

lIW9k.jpg

p8CTa.jpg

fEhAO.jpg

Z44vt.jpg

TUpvp.jpg

DbkbK.jpg

lRWi5.jpg
aZboG.jpg

ePwLH.jpg

6ofqw.jpg

kkGmK.jpg

ZF51d.jpg

N3Sty.jpg

Just finished it.... loved the fact that the last boss fight was with you know you.

The game is so beautiful and artistic... the level designs are fabulous and the OST is magic to the ears.

Loved Loved Loved the game and I wish every future release Castlevania game on consoles follow this steps... of course if they want to satisfies the old fans they can release a classic ones on the PSN \ XBL... the the major ones they all should be like this because I won't accept anything less than LOS from Castlevania games in the future .

I just can't believe the amount of ideas the developers had for levels designs... a game that is so lengthy and yet with each chapter they amaze me more and more :O

and the ending WAS SO F**KING EPIC!!!!!!!

I think a fantastic trilogy is upon us ( which is no surprise considering the Trilogy is a hit in this generation :D ).

I will keep remembering this game and the OST for long years to come :)

Grisby

dark10x said:

You know, I always read your posts before I joined GAF Dark, and mostly I agree with you on frame-rate issues. They bother me, but since I don't have a gaming PC I've learned to live with them.

I can see where your coming from on this game, but I didn't find it to be such a huge problem everyone was talking about. It never hindered gameplay for me or the combat. And the game looks stunning, on both consoles no less. By the way I did feel like the framerate got better during the second half of the game. It varies pretty wildly.

Trust me though, I wouldn't mind seeing a PC version, if only to see Octagons scenery pics he could come up with in the Multi art form thread.

Spiegel said:
@CastlevaniaLOS David Cox
We have posted the "Reverie" art and renders here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow/220827690696

I'm ridiculously excited for these DLC's. I'm actually getting LOS in the mail tomorrow, I got rid of the LE and got some store credit somewhere because I hated the packaging and felt ripped off by it. So it's been a couple of months since I've played the game.

My PS3 died and I feared that I lost my 100% save with all the trials completed and everything, but luckily I remembered that I actually copied the save to a memory stick and got it copied onto my new PS3. Talk about an overwhelming rush of relief :lol

Grisby

brandonh83 said:
I'm ridiculously excited for these DLC's. I'm actually getting LOS in the mail tomorrow, I got rid of the LE and got some store credit somewhere because I hated the packaging and felt ripped off by it. So it's been a couple of months since I've played the game.

My PS3 died and I feared that I lost my 100% save with all the trials completed and everything, but luckily I remembered that I actually copied the save to a memory stick and got it copied onto my new PS3. Talk about an overwhelming rush of relief :lol

Ha, my PS3 died as well a while ago and I freaked out because of this game. Course, I too remembered about my backup save on my usb stick.

Gonna pick up a new system this weekend in prep for LBP 2 and I'm probably going to put this game back in. I love booting up the third....fourth (?) area with Pan and the forest. So good and I love the music there.

Grisby said:
Ha, my PS3 died as well a while ago and I freaked out because of this game. Course, I too remembered about my backup save on my usb stick.

Gonna pick up a new system this weekend in prep for LBP 2 and I'm probably going to put this game back in. I love booting up the third....fourth (?) area with Pan and the forest. So good and I love the music there.

I wish the same could be said about my FFXIII file but then again I got all the trophies and I really don't have any reason to want that one back because there's nothing else to do with it.

The forest area is gorgeous but it's a victim of the framerate issues too. God, if only they could somehow patch something like that. I don't know if it's possible but that would be awesome. I think if some of the technical problems didn't exist, even some of the outspoken folks would probably be able to enjoy it more because outside of the technical hiccups it really is an amazing game with great gameplay.

I'm not saying the tech issues (camera, framerate) are the only issues. I agree with everyone that thinks the first three chapters or so are incredibly exhausting and I still don't know what to think about that ending. Other than that though I had absolutely no other problems with the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
lRWi5.jpg

God damn. That is SO close to being perfect as iPhone 4 wallpaper.

Finished the game a couple of weeks ago. I thought the
final boss fight was random and had no connection to the story of the game at all, but the rest of the game was decent.
Didn't know there was DLC being released until I entered the thread. Can't Wait! :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
brandonh83 said:
Is the only issue the size? I can crop it for you if you like. I'm cropping an avatar right now anyway.

Yeah, thanks. I know how to crop images. :p

It's too small for iPhone 4 wallpaper. That's the issue.

iPhone 4 native resolution is 640x960.

I DID find higher res versions and make them into iPhone 4 wallpaper if anyone is interested.

5346411853_971de847fa_b.jpg

5346411957_291b96c24e_b.jpg

thetrin

Tokubetsu said:
What's iphone 4 wallpaper size?

640x960.

brandonh83 said:
After I made that post I thought damn he probably knows how to crop images :lol

Haha, it's all good. I'm just a stickler for resolution on the iPhone 4. The retina display is so damn crisp, it would break my heart to stretch an image to fit the whole screen.

Not only that, but with the time and date taking up real estate near the top of the screen, it's not often you get a great piece of art where the character's head isn't 2 cm from the top of the image.

Tokubetsu

thetrin said:
Yeah, thanks. I know how to crop images. :p

It's too small for iPhone 4 wallpaper. That's the issue.

iPhone 4 native resolution is 640x960.

I DID find higher res versions and make them into iPhone 4 wallpaper if anyone is interested.

5346411853_971de847fa_b.jpg

5346411957_291b96c24e_b.jpg

81Lhq.jpg

I just made one for you ='(

Top Bottom