• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Foffy said:
Seems we have new screens of Reverie, and a price point: $8.00/800 MS Points.
Just came to post about this. Also say it will be end of March when it releases.

this is my favorite of the new pics.

Beyond_lies_your_destiny.jpg

Funshine

Neo Member
Wallachia said:
Yes. You can see Laura far off in the background, and looks like some new kind of scaled/spined creatures around Gabriel :))

didn't even noticed that creature I was so fixated on Gabriel lol

Foffy said:
Seems we have new screens of Reverie, and a price point: $8.00/800 MS Points.

I'm eagerly waiting for this DLC even though I've never bought DLC for any game I own.

I've read all the heated discussion for this game on this thread, but personally this game it's a great adventure that should've ended the journey in the Castle (although I enjoyed it to the end) like a Castlevania always end but the story plot wasn't cut for that.

I just hope that the next one fixes all the technical issues (like framerate and some MLAA would be nice!) and the gameplay decisions like blocking (which didn't bother me, but wasn't comfortable with it either) so everyone can appreciate the great atmosphere and great art design that MercurySteam poured into this game making it one hell of a ride for everyone to enjoy.

Can't wait!!!

P.S. I'm a Castlevania fan, just look at my Avatar and nickname and guess what game is that from! (although not the best one but I have a spot for it in my heart)

Tokubetsu

catapult37 said:
That's not equivalent. Is it $8.00, or 800 MS Points, which would be $10? Surely it's not cheaper on PS3 than on Xbox.

Actually, I think there have been cases where the dlc was cheaper on PS3.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
I like how some people are complaining about the release date, if it was released within a month from the game's initial release you would've complained saying it was a cash-in, but when they actually put some honest to god-effort in it, you complain that it took too long to come out.

Make up your minds already, game content takes time to make.

How do you know the people wanting DLC now are the same people who would complain if it was released months ago? That's a rhetorical question. You don't.

Anyway, lots of people in this thread were expressing their readiness for more game content as soon as they finished it.

Foffy

Banned
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
You messed up dude, it's 10$

Oh, whoops. Sorry about that.

Necronomikon said:
P.S. I'm a Castlevania fan, just look at my Avatar and nickname and guess what game is that from! (although not the best one but I have a spot for it in my heart)

Could I make a joke about it being Judgment, or must I acknowledge the N64 title and it's re-release? :p

Wallachia

Awesome screens, and art style. Funny how we keep seeing the similiar shots of Gabriel and Laura in the same area. I hope that is just because Cox is saving to show the best for when we play, and barring any spoiling visuals, such as certain enemies or characters turning into certain undead creatures :p

I really hope this has new music and not just recycled from the original score. And my oh my @ that art.

edit: DAAMMNNN the file name of the last picture on the site is
you must become a creature like me

Yeah I mean we knew that I guess but stillllll

Riposte

What are the chances they rerelease the game with both DLC included? I mean it has been awhile since they released it, so they probably won't do it. Depends if I buy the DLC or not since I need a new copy of this.

Wallachia

Riposte said:
What are the chances they rerelease the game with both DLC included? I mean it has been awhile since they released it, so they probably won't do it. Depends if I buy the DLC or not since I need a new copy of this.

I could see them doing that, after the 2nd DLC has been out, and maybe adding a THIRD bonus (alot like The Force Unleashed: Sith Edition).. that would be cool. Plus, I wouldn't expect a full on sequel until Fall 2012..

Very much looking forward to this DLC. I was disappointed that the game didn't win more awards, other than music. I thought it was an excellent adventure game and I can't think of many that I've played this generation. I think games should get an automatic award for not being an FPS.

giggas

Zeal said:
it's still mindblowing just how underrated this amazing game really is.

This.

I actually listened to the OST this morning, so this trailer was a treat. I've always been one of those people that refused to buy DLC, but this might be the first time I cave. I miss this game and I'll take anything I can get.

Wallachia

Teknoman said:
Im glad they're making DLC that actually adds to the game, and possibly leads up to the DLC.

Indeed. And one of the screens for the DLC shows the Vampire Wargame in it (LOVED THAT). Wonder if we will get to play it again, with any additions..

Grisby

This is a bit random but I love Mercury Steams logo for the game with the bats and everything.

Watching the DLC trailer with it coming up just made me remember the first time I popped the game in and got that. I had a good laugh.

Tokubetsu

Grisby said:
This is a bit random but I love Mercury Steams logo for the game with the bats and everything.

Watching the DLC trailer with it coming up just made me remember the first time I popped the game in and got that. I had a good laugh.

Same. I really love LoS.

mjc

Its sad that this game will probably go down as one of the most underrated of the generation.

I'm there day one for this DLC though.

mjc said:
Its sad that this game will probably go down as one of the most underrated of the generation.

I'm there day one for this DLC though.

IIRC this game did good for what is expected for a Castlevania, but I'm not really sure, and hopefully that implies that a lot of people enjoyed the game or at least gave it a shot, but who knows!.

I did enjoyed the crap out of this game and found the art direction to be refreshing and awesome for the Castlevania franchise, it resembles a lot Pan's Labyrinth (El Laberinto del Fauno) which is a different take for a more European kind of fantasy/adventure, and if you think about it, it started as an adventure that keeps getting darker and more sinister with every step you take, and thanks to the events that happened at the end of the game the art direction has only one way to go... and it's an even more DARKER direction!

I cannot wait for this DLC!

Wallachia

Spiegel said:
Belmont's Theme

Love that song. I remember it in the Zodiac puzzle part of the game. Wish they used it more.

So it's called Belmont's Theme.. are there some hidden notes or melodies in this song that harken back to any of the original Belmont title related CV songs? I don't hear any..

This is excellent news. Quick question though. I've never downloaded dlc before. Will I have to have the game installed to run it? Cause I've got the 20gb drive and with both discs installed to my Xbox hdd it leaves me with 1.1gb space (20gbs my ass...with nothing installed it comes out to 13.8gbs)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Henchmen21 said:
This is excellent news. Quick question though. I've never downloaded dlc before. Will I have to have the game installed to run it? Cause I've got the 20gb drive and with both discs installed to my Xbox hdd it leaves me with 1.1gb space (20gbs my ass...with nothing installed it comes out to 13.8gbs)
You can uninstall both disc and run the dlc. You can run the game off the discs with installed content.

Top Bottom