• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Relaxed Muscle said:
I think it means getting the 100% of all stages, the reviewer talks about secret zones and mysteries.

Also, the full review mentions, no visual differences between both versions, take that as you want.
Lead SKU PS3 development prevails again. Everyone wins!

FrankT

Glad I got in on the Amazon $20 as that $20 is going straight to Fable 3, which happens to offer another $20.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I think it means getting the 100% of all stages, the reviewer talks about secret zones and mysteries.

Also, the full review mentions, no visual differences between both versions, take that as you want.

Well that is good to know as the only difference I've seen noted is the more vibrant colors on the 360 from Gamepro Germany. It seems like they both suffer in the framerate department otherwise. I do wonder how the loading is overall.

Hydrargyrus

Relaxed Muscle said:
Well, I don't read Meristation, but since people where posting reviews from all the places, I thought I'd share it.
:D :D

Never mind.
Even it's considered for metacritic score, but trust me when I say that... :lol

I know it has probably been asked a million times before: when is the demo going to hit psn or xbla?

I was really skeptical about the game, but having seen the videos I'm quite curious now.

Hydrargyrus said:
:D :D

Never mind.
Even it's considered for metacritic score, but trust me when I say that... :lol

Oh, I know, Meristation reviews are shit, well most of them..I don't read it now, but I did some years ago.

metareferential said:
I know it has probably been asked a million times before: when is the demo going to hit psn or xbla?

I was really skeptical about the game, but having seen the videos I'm quite curious now.
PSN in a few hours depending on when Grace decides to push the button. XBL? No idea.

Tokubetsu

I love how all these titles are citing things like "doesn't feel like a true Castlevania" etc. The one time you'll actually hear critics ask for shit like backtracking and long ass hallways. Someone should tell them that these things are shit in 3D games 98% of the time. =

~Kinggi~

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
I love how all these titles are citing things like "doesn't feel like a true Castlevania" etc. The one time you'll actually hear critics ask for shit like backtracking and long ass hallways. Someone should tell them that these things are shit in 3D games 98% of the time. =
they are simply talking points and hang-ups. Every project has them.

For instance, if this game was announced last month, and they only showed about 5% of what they have showed thus far, and the game was released under a different title as some gothic horror action-adventure, we would be seeing a 9.5 average right now across the board cause everyone would still be shellshocked the game was 20 hours long and looked as good as it does, with a competent combat system.

Simo

Aw man I thought Konami put up a new trailer because on their press site they've got the "Launch Trailer" at 600MB but it ended up just being the recently released 11 minute gameplay video. :lol Still, nice to have it in HD now! :D

NIGHT-

Relaxed Muscle said:

I hope your right. Was kinda worried about the 360 version with the lack of a demo

FrankT

NIGHT- said:
I hope your right. Was kinda worried about the 360 version with the lack of a demo

Naw it's in MS's hands per the developer we just have no clue when we are actually getting it. So who knows.

brandonh83 said:
I don't know what the reason is. I just know they said it would be up today.
Blame SCEA for failing to deliver and David Cox for giving us false hope on his Twitter. You've tweeted your final lie Cox! :lol Twitter :lol Why did I even get my hopes up. Oh well tomorrow it is then.

Despera said:

Yeah, I'm baffled. It's a week before the game releases and they said the demo would be up a week before the game releases. That would be today! And Europe has had the demo for a week now. I don't understand how it could be any simpler. It's a week before the game comes out. It's PSN store update day. Yet there is no demo!

Teknoman, it was not by my hand that I was given false information.

Defunkled

Oh well, we just have to wait an extra day for the European Store to update. That Euro account is going to come in handy tomorrow!

Would have been cool if they would have just said "oh it'll only be on the European store on Wednesday, no NA demo" but yeah that didn't happen.

Simo

Surprised by no XBL demo either since that was supposed to go up today too and will be the version I'm getting.

Despera

Banned
los90.jpg

That 90 won't last long. Savoring the moment.

Ah I'm so furious with SCEA right now. What the fuck...Where is the demo? Is it at least available for everyone on the EURO store or what?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Demo has to be up soon as the game is only 7 days away. What sucks is it's my B-day tomorrow and I won't even have enough money (gift or otherwise) to pre-order this beautiful looking game. :(

Darkmakaimura said:
Demo has to be up soon as the game is only 7 days away.

It will be. In Europe. I guess this game is just too fucking European for us Americans.

That's the impression everyone was under when they said "demo will be out a week before the game releases" but failed to mention anything about it being in Europe only.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well now that I can't have it, I'm no longer bored of it from watching it on youtube and really want to play it myself. F U, David Cox's Twitter.

This is somehow PSN+'s fault! I will not be convinced otherwise!

They're being serious fucking idiots if they don't release this demo in North America. It's a big-budget project with an incredibly popular name brand and there is already a demo available to European Plus members so it's not like it would have been too difficult to release it with today's update.

I just don't understand shit sometimes. It seriously blows my fucking mind wide open especially after they outright told us it would be up today.

Phenomic

brandonh83 said:
They're being serious fucking idiots if they don't release this demo in North America. It's a big-budget project with an incredibly popular name brand and there is already a demo available to European Plus members so it's not like it would have been too difficult to release it with today's update.

I just don't understand shit sometimes. It seriously blows my fucking mind wide open especially after they outright told us it would be up today.

Perhaps it's for the best, haven't may people said like a lot of demos of today that it never does the actual game justice and just there for might serve to scare people away from a great game?

Zeal

Banned
all in all, i'm really disappointed with the way this game has been marketed. sure, we've seen some epic as shit trailers, but i don't think the game's received the exposure it deserves. i mean, it's almost halloween and this is a fucking castlevania for god sakes. HELLO? what more do you need.

get the demo up and stop dicking around. and i wanna see castlevania crap all over gamestop and best buy. now.

Phenomic said:
Perhaps it's for the best, haven't may people said like a lot of demos of today that it never does the actual game justice and just there for might serve to scare people away from a great game?

What you say isn't entirely false, but I personally know that the demo won't do the game justice and I'm fine with that; I just wanted some hands-on with the game today regardless.

Phenomic

brandonh83 said:
What you say isn't entirely true, but I personally know that the demo won't do the game justice and I'm fine with that; I just wanted some hands-on with the game today regardless.

I totally get that I did myself but just saying some games of late almost have just done more harm then good in some cases. Case in point Tales of Vesperia was a terrible representation in the 360 demo yet it's one of my favorite RPGs and I think many would agree it's the best on the console. Not trying to say that all demos are terrible because some definitely are well done such as Vanquish.

Phenomic said:
I totally get that I did myself but just saying some games of late almost have just done more harm then good in some cases. Case in point Tales of Vesperia was a terrible representation in the 360 demo yet it's one of my favorite RPGs and I think many would agree it's the best on the console. Not trying to say that all demos are terrible because some definitely are well done such as Vanquish.

dude, I'm sorry, I meant to say false, not true.

Top Bottom