• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

I'm a fence sitter who could have been persuaded to get the game as I had NO interest until yesterday and looked forward to a demo. Now I guess I'll wait and miss out on a day 1 purchase if it was something I'd like.

brandonh83 said:
They're being serious fucking idiots if they don't release this demo in North America. It's a big-budget project with an incredibly popular name brand and there is already a demo available to European Plus members so it's not like it would have been too difficult to release it with today's update.

I just don't understand shit sometimes. It seriously blows my fucking mind wide open especially after they outright told us it would be up today.

make an european PSN account and download the demo? it's not that hard.

Augemitbutter said:
oh, it'll be not? i thought it would be up with the next update.

Who knows for sure anymore? They said it would be out for everyone this week, a week before the release date so everyone logically presumed that meant it would be up with today's update, the same update that featured like five other demos, just not the demo we were promised months ago.

Wizpig

Subscribed to the thread, day-one for this game.

I wonder if i'll see some "familiar" GAFfers from the Harmony of Despair thread in here.

DaBuddaDa

Deware80 said:
I thought the review embargo was up today, where are the reviews?
Tons of reviews are out:

GamesRadar – 9
Eurogamer – 8
CVG – 9.2
NowGamer – 8.3
Videogamer – 9
Games TM – 8
OPM – 9
GameSpot - 7.5

That's an 85% so far.

andymcc said:
do I direct my anger at Sony, Microsoft or konami?

E3blZ.gif

Phenomic

DaBuddaDa said:
Tons of reviews are out:

GamesRadar – 9
Eurogamer – 8
CVG – 9.2
NowGamer – 8.3
Videogamer – 9
Games TM – 8
OPM – 9
GameSpot - 7.5

That's an 85% so far.

I am disappoint with Gamespot for a 7.5!

theinfinityissue said:
Yeah definitely needed a demo of this one to see if the Castlevanianess outweighed the God of Warness. No demo, no go.

You only have yourself to blame, Konami/Sony/Grace/Microsoft/Europe/WiiMotion+

Phenomic said:
Uhh lol? I get all but two of those :lol

It was a joke.

and HOLY SHIT I didn't know the WiiFit thing was bannable... really? I feel there is so many bannable offenses that I don't know about :lol

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Phenomic said:
I am disappoint with Gamespot for a 7.5!

Just watched the video review. He does an adequate job of justifying the score. Then at the end they pointlessly spoil a cool boss killing scene. Thanks, fuckers.

(Not sure why that spoiler bothered me and all the others didn't.)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Saw the Gamespot review. I'm not too worried about their negatives (in which they seem to focus on quite a bit) except for the 360 framerate issue.

Darkmakaimura said:
Saw the Gamespot review. I'm not too worried about their negatives (in which they seem to focus on quite a bit) except for the 360 framerate issue.

Something must be innovative to get higher marks at Gamespot. Or be GTA/Halo/COD.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
When I see the phrase "loses its identity" I feel a little sick, like after I take my vitamin before I've eaten

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Sucks there is no demo tonight, sigh not even on 360. hopefully it will be up in the UK store tomorrow.

Y2Kev said:
When I see the phrase "loses its identity" I feel a little sick, like after I take my vitamin before I've eaten

"Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is a fun, combat-oriented platformer, though it's extremely easy and suffers from a bit of an identity crisis."

Same score, too. 7.5 = identity crisis!

andymcc

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché said:
"Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is a fun, combat-oriented platformer, though it's extremely easy and suffers from a bit of an identity crisis."

perfect time to quote your username!

burgerdog

No worries about the demo, guys. Go play the now coop enabled Lara Croft(360) game and don't forget to download the also promised dlc pack.

Oh shit, wait, patch and dlc never went live.

It's okay, go play the new borderland's dlc! But why would you do that when the patch that raises the level cap won't hit until mid October.

This turned out to be a shitty Tuesday.

MyEpitomeCliché said:

Oh yeah, I remember that review. It was bullshit then, it still is now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Crewnh said:
Oh yeah, I remember that review. It was bullshit then, it still is now.
Yeah, ToD is a 7.5 because it's boring, not because it "doesn't have an identity." I feel like I see that all the time as some "LE CRITIQUE" way of saying a game is boring. Just say it's freaking boring.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Y2Kev said:

I'm pretty worried about that myself.

Top Bottom