• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Zeal

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
And the frame-rate was smooth for me the majority of the game. When it dipped, I barely noticed.

i am also not noticing any framerate issues thus far. i think this complaint has been greatly nitpicked and exaggerated. the game moves and feels almost cinematic in its presentation.

EDIT: OK, i'm not liking this ending talk popping up here and there. bailing from Vania-Gaf until i've been through at least once. peace.

FrankT

brandonh83 said:
He did say on Twitter that the 360 version does have some framerate issues. And again it only seemed to occur while attacking a pretty large group of foes, but still, it was a notable drop.

Not what he said at all in regards to the retail version and has been posted in this thread multiple times over though. Not sure what the mix up is on this however. To be clear he stated the retail version did not have the same FR issues as the review code. There have been two others in this thread with a retail copy stating basically the same (smooth).

Oh edit: Make that at least four now. Missed much of this thread this weekend.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Let's not discuss the ending please, even in spoiler tags. Wait at least until the game is out.

mintylurb

brandonh83 said:
I would agree with that if one of the versions was known to have like vastly superior technical issues than the other, but literally the only thing being reported is that the 360 version does have occasional framerate drops whereas the PS3 -snip-

It's really no problem at all. I wasn't aware that it was this huge issue considering both versions are more or less identical and the reviews have said as much. I think it's a bit immature that I got called out for not clarifying it in the OT but whatever, most people seemed to like it and we're here to talk about the game. Moving on. Next time I'll be sure to follow a developer on Twitter and post what he has for dinner every afternoon in the OT.
I made a comparison thread so folks can nitpick over there.

JohngPR

I don't follow coverage of games I plan to buy all that much so I can go into a game fresh, so now way I'm taking a chance spoiling the game by watching a stream.

Ah okay, yeah, I misread his Twitter post. My bad. Pretty lame of him, not sure why he'd say that considering he really knew the truth, and really knew people would buy the game and see that he was full of it.

heringer said:
This game needs polish. Lots of invisible walls (to the point of tripping on invisible objects that are in the middle of your way) and the camera is all over the place.

Think of the game having 2D style stages but in 3D. It mostly reminds me of the Uncharted games, the levels have free-roaming but the progression is pretty linear. I understand complaints about the invisible walls in the middle of your path, if they are indeed accurate, but some reviews (like 1UP) seemed to dock the game for having linear paths and complaining about how you can see places in the distance but can't go to them. Seriously?

mintylurb said:
I made a comparison thread so folks can nitpick over there.

Good deal. :D

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ugh its always the fuckers that get to play the games early that get to go into it not expecting some crazy twist ending that got hyped up by 50 other people on gaf.

anyway, how long are the game times here?

heringer

Spoiler tag people. Now my mind is pre-blown for the ending.

the-big-bang-theory-sheldon_412x232.jpg

V_Ben

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
Seems like someone already spoiled the ending twist on the game's Wikipedia article? :lol

OH WHAT THE F*CK. I went there looking to get to Jason Issac's Wikipedia page, and saw it. FML :(

(I then edited it out. f*ck whoever posted that thing)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
V_Ben said:
OH WHAT THE F*CK. I went there looking to get to Jason Issac's Wikipedia page, and saw it. FML :(

(I then edited it out. f*ck whoever posted that thing)

I would've edited it out myself if I had a Wikipedia account. The twist did make me go 'wut' though :lol

Phenomic

Oh man all this ending talk you guys are scaring me. I want to stay in this thread but I don't want to know anything about what happens in this game before I play it over the next few weeks. So close to the release date stop scaring me!

Okay, I caved and I'm going to try out the demo... in 8 hours if it ever finishes downloading. :lol

Just played the demo and this is my first Castlevania game since the NES (well... I played a little of SOTN). HOLY SHIT. I got GOW vibes but it also felt very unique and it looked gorgeous. Saw Ami's comments in the comparison thread and it made me smh so hard. For a game that, to me, came from nothing and nowhere looks unbelievably good. To complain about a framerate which seemed fine and didn't affect the gameplay nor the look seems a little too nitpicky. But I remember his comments in the SotC thread so I shouldn't be surprised. Person must not enjoy many games.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The Bookerman said:
Is it a good ending for the series. That's all I'm asking

If the spoiler I read is the real thing, it'll be a surprising ending. Whether it is good or bad is not for me to decide though.

eshwaaz said:
I don't follow Twitter, but earlier in this thread these two David Cox tweets were posted:

@CastlevaniaLOS are the slight freezes that sometimes occur on X360 when you kill an enemy as seen in gamespot vids fixed for retail?

Here's a novel idea- just play the game and enjoy it. What ever happened to that simple concept?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Please, agh, don't even spoil that there's a twist. Just let's can it on the story until Tuesday. Oy.

Foffy

Banned
The Bookerman said:
Is it a good ending for the series. That's all I'm asking

From my understanding, it's interesting. :3

Speaking of interesting, has Konami or Cox mentioned when we'll be seeing DLC? I don't want this to be another Harmony of Despair in that it starts coming out after the game starts to be running out of steam for players.

The timing of when they're bringing it out is bad too, as I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be playing this next week instead of the DLC for HD, if the characters are coming out on Wednesday.

jax (old)

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Please, agh, don't even spoil that there's a SNIP. Just let's can it on the story until Tuesday. Oy.

yup I had that sentiment too but now its out there.. its here. Kind of annoying.

can anyone who mentioned it, please edit that shit out?

Foffy

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
All these people talking about the ending, anybody got some play times? Wanna know if its really a 15-10 hour game.

I've put around 12 hours into the game and I'm just about to start Chapter 8. There's 12 in the game, but the length will get a number of more hours with the Trials and getting missing items.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
If I wanted to know about the ending, where can I go? Hell, you can send me a PM if it's an issue even posting it here. I'm one of those people who like to know an ending before I play.

I'm gonna make a guess on the ending based on absolutely nothing as I haven't followed anything regarding the story of this game
Gabriel becomes Dracula?

Ninja Scooter said:
I'm gonna make a guess on the ending based on absolutely nothing as I haven't followed anything regarding the story of this game
Gabriel becomes Dracula?

If anyone answers this I hope you burn in hell. Guys, just don't, please?

Phenomic

brandonh83 said:
If anyone answers this I hope you burn in hell. Guys, just don't, please?

Why would you even read it! Even if it's just a prediction once you read it you can't un read it. It's not worth it.

In the mean time demo is downloading so slow haha, 17% and it says it requires another 3.5 hours.

Well I was curious as to what his prediction is and I wouldn't rule out someone going "yep you got it" without spoiler tags. I think it's best to not discuss these things just yet.

Phenomic said:
Why would you even read it! Even if it's just a prediction once you read it you can't un read it. It's not worth it.

In the mean time demo is downloading so slow haha, 17% and it says it requires another 3.5 hours.

you think that's bad I THOUGH it, it's not like I can just unthink it!! FUCK!

Ninja Scooter said:

:lol

It's an interesting prediction though, and one I hope is correct because that would be really awesome.

Phenomic

Ninja Scooter said:

:lol
Seems like I have to turn my mind off about this game for a few days until I actually play it. I have a few ideas but honestly they seem like they would be way to obvious to actually happen. They will remain inside my head however and wait to see if I was right which I hope I'm not.

Mana Sin

I had the ending spoiled for me on Revolutionary's stream :( I am currently in denial, in hopes of forgetting it so I can experience it on my own.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DarknessTear said:
What would that bet be?

Friend was insistent that a specific game would come out on time, then it got delayed. The bet was that said delay wasn't happening, and then it did!

Top Bottom