• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

Bacon

Yeah, I looked at a few options. Unless something substantial becomes available, I'm going to stick with Matt Moore. He'll be on a relatively short leash in KC for the next game.

Thanks, but I think I'll pass on what is a very generous offer!

I really wish you can run a practice or scenario with your current franchise team.

Does Mike Vick tickle your fancy?

Jarate

Banned
A couple of trades have gone down

The Packers Trade. Eddie Lacy to the Browns for their 1st round pick

The packers will then send a 4th round draft pick and James Starks for Stevan Ridley

The packers will then send a 4th round draft pick and James Starks for Stevan Ridley

Any one wanna vote on this trade on my behalf because I'm a committee member I can't vote on it.

THE-JUV

me and Titans GM have agreed to trade Locker for Bradford, please review committee and be nice I really want Locker lol

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

me and Titans GM have agreed to trade Locker for Bradford, please review committee and be nice I really want Locker lol

These trades have been approved!

Jarate

Banned
WEEK 2 GAME RECAPS;

qUtm642.gif

Bills vs Dolphins

Player of the Game;

WR Sammy Watkins caught 9 passes for 154 yards and 2 touchdowns. He was by far the best player on the field.

Interesting Notes;

The Dolphins once again struggle mightily on offense, scoring only 6 points, and gaining only 173 total yards.

The Dolphins only had 2 3rd down conversions

Turnovers were held to a minimum, as both teams only combined for 3 total turnovers

The Dolphins had no luck in the redzone, settling for 2 field goals in their two trips.

Ryan Tannehill suffered a broken thumb in this game is out for 8 weeks

CJ Spiller had 102 yards rushing in this game, giving him his best performance of the season.

QB Ej Manuel threw for 196 yards, 154 of which went to Sammy Watkins

EJ Manuel posted a good 108.4 QB rating in an incredibly efficient performance

Brandon GIbson was a bright spot for the Dolphins, catching 6 passes for 98 yards

Kiko Alonso had 10 total tackles, the most by a non simmed player

The Dolphins QB's got sacked a total of 6 times in the game

Brandon Fields had 2 punts for 103 total yards including a 50.5 net average

Jared Odrick had 3 tackles for loss, but not a single one was a sack

1kL3M9q.gif

Packers vs Jets

Player of the Game;

QB Aaron Rodgers once again had another outstanding performance, throwing for 275 yards and 3 touchdowns giving him a QB rating of 142.3

Interesting Notes;

The Packers have totaled 88 points total in their first 2 games

Michael Vick had a decent game, throwing 3 touchdowns in the loss while posting a 84.6 QB rating

Eddie Lacy only had 83 yards carrying despite having 25 carries for an abysmal 3.3 ypc. He did however score 2 touchdowns. He also had 44 yards recieving

Chris Johnson and Michael Vick both struggled on the ground against a poor Packers run defense. They only managed 51 rushing yards total.

Fred Davis and Jermichael Finley, both TE's that were picked up before the season were the leading receivers for both teams and combined for 10 catches for 126 yards

Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb were both limited to just 3 receptions, but both caught a touchdown and also had a reception of more then 45 yards

7 different receivers caught passes for the Jets

Jarrett Boykin managed 2 catches for 9 yards total

Both of David Nelsons receptions were touchdown receptions

D'Brickishaw Ferguson managed 2 pancakes

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix manages another good performance, the rookie was the leading tackler for the packers and also managed an interception

Mason Crosby hit a 56 yard field goal and missed a 36 yard field goal

Tim Masthay had a single punt for 21 yards

The Jets committed 5 turnovers

The Packers were only 60 percent successful in the Red Zone

The Packers only managed 1 sack, compared to the 4 given up by the Jets last week

W4eSzVM.gif

Rams vs Buccaneers

Player of the Game;

TE Jared Cook managed an impressive 8 catches for 120 yards and a touchdown, and provided the Rams a huge target to depend on.

Interesting Notes;

The Buccaneers only managed 1 3rd down conversion, the same number of 4th down conversions they managed

The Buccaneers only managed 8:28 of TOP

B.J. Daniels has had an impressive year so far, holding a QB rating over 100 in both games played.

Bj Daniels had 10 rushes for 17 yards

Zac Stacy only managed 49 yards on 17 carries

The Buccaneers only had 4 players catch a pass

Only Jared Cook caught more then 1 pass for the Rams

Mark Barron had 9 tackles and 2 for losses, giving him a a solid game for the Buccaneers

Michael Koenen had a 60 yard punt

There were only 3 Kick Returns between both teams for a total of 34 yards

Tampa Bay only ran the ball 9 times

Rookie Greg Robinson managed 4 pancakes in one game

ZCvfkk6.gif

Seahawks vs Chargers

Player of the Game;

WR Jermain Kears was a force to be reckoned with on the offensive end. He caught 4 passes for 89 yards and 2 touchdowns to help the Seahawks get the win in a rough game.

Interesting Notes;

The Chargers only gained 110 yards total, and only amassed 43 yards passing

Despite this, both teams only managed 7 first downs

There were 9 total turnovers in the game

the TOP was fairly equal, with the Seahawks getting 14;14 TOP and the Chargers getting 13:46

Phillip Rivers once again struggled mightily, throwing no touchdowns, 3 interceptions, and getting sacked 4 times. For the 2nd straight week, he managed a QB rating of under 25

Marshawn lynch had another solid game, with 14 carries for 74, giving him a YPC of 5.3

8 different receivers caught a pass for the Chargers

The highest amount of catches a Chargers player had was 2, the highest yardage was 25

Russel Wilson only complete 9 passes

Byron Maxwell managed to grab 2 interceptions

The Chargers only touchdown was a Fumble returned for a touchdown by Dwight Freeney

Malcolm SMith had 2 tackles, both of which were sacks

Manti Te'o had 1 sack, 1 more then the amount of girlfriends he's had

ShaneB

Snickles - PSN: born2chill, let me know when you are able to play our game. I might be up to play it tonight later, or sometime tomorrow since I have the day off before MNF.

Fixed1979

When's the next advance?

ShaneB, I'll be using our game to put an end to my loosing streak, hopefully you're OK with that?

Snickles - PSN: born2chill, let me know when you are able to play our game. I might be up to play it tonight later, or sometime tomorrow since I have the day off before MNF.

Let me know if you don't hear from him tonight and I'll put him on auto. He's been MIA since the start of the regular season.

WEEK 2 GAME RECAPS;

qUtm642.gif

Bills vs Dolphins

Player of the Game;

WR Sammy Watkins caught 9 passes for 154 yards and 2 touchdowns. He was by far the best player on the field.

Interesting Notes;

The Dolphins once again struggle mightily on offense, scoring only 6 points, and gaining only 173 total yards.

The Dolphins only had 2 3rd down conversions

Turnovers were held to a minimum, as both teams only combined for 3 total turnovers

The Dolphins had no luck in the redzone, settling for 2 field goals in their two trips.

Ryan Tannehill suffered a broken thumb in this game is out for 8 weeks

CJ Spiller had 102 yards rushing in this game, giving him his best performance of the season.

QB Ej Manuel threw for 196 yards, 154 of which went to Sammy Watkins

EJ Manuel posted a good 108.4 QB rating in an incredibly efficient performance

Brandon GIbson was a bright spot for the Dolphins, catching 6 passes for 98 yards

Kiko Alonso had 10 total tackles, the most by a non simmed player

The Dolphins QB's got sacked a total of 6 times in the game

Brandon Fields had 2 punts for 103 total yards including a 50.5 net average

Jared Odrick had 3 tackles for loss, but not a single one was a sack

1kL3M9q.gif

Packers vs Jets

Player of the Game;

QB Aaron Rodgers once again had another outstanding performance, throwing for 275 yards and 3 touchdowns giving him a QB rating of 142.3

Interesting Notes;

The Packers have totaled 88 points total in their first 2 games

Michael Vick had a decent game, throwing 3 touchdowns in the loss while posting a 84.6 QB rating

Eddie Lacy only had 83 yards carrying despite having 25 carries for an abysmal 3.3 ypc. He did however score 2 touchdowns. He also had 44 yards recieving

Chris Johnson and Michael Vick both struggled on the ground against a poor Packers run defense. They only managed 51 rushing yards total.

Fred Davis and Jermichael Finley, both TE's that were picked up before the season were the leading receivers for both teams and combined for 10 catches for 126 yards

Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb were both limited to just 3 receptions, but both caught a touchdown and also had a reception of more then 45 yards

7 different receivers caught passes for the Jets

Jarrett Boykin managed 2 catches for 9 yards total

Both of David Nelsons receptions were touchdown receptions

D'Brickishaw Ferguson managed 2 pancakes

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix manages another good performance, the rookie was the leading tackler for the packers and also managed an interception

Mason Crosby hit a 56 yard field goal and missed a 36 yard field goal

Tim Masthay had a single punt for 21 yards

The Jets committed 5 turnovers

The Packers were only 60 percent successful in the Red Zone

The Packers only managed 1 sack, compared to the 4 given up by the Jets last week

W4eSzVM.gif

Rams vs Buccaneers

Player of the Game;

TE Jared Cook managed an impressive 8 catches for 120 yards and a touchdown, and provided the Rams a huge target to depend on.

Interesting Notes;

The Buccaneers only managed 1 3rd down conversion, the same number of 4th down conversions they managed

The Buccaneers only managed 8:28 of TOP

B.J. Daniels has had an impressive year so far, holding a QB rating over 100 in both games played.

Bj Daniels had 10 rushes for 17 yards

Zac Stacy only managed 49 yards on 17 carries

The Buccaneers only had 4 players catch a pass

Only Jared Cook caught more then 1 pass for the Rams

Mark Barron had 9 tackles and 2 for losses, giving him a a solid game for the Buccaneers

Michael Koenen had a 60 yard punt

There were only 3 Kick Returns between both teams for a total of 34 yards

Tampa Bay only ran the ball 9 times

Rookie Greg Robinson managed 4 pancakes in one game

ZCvfkk6.gif

Seahawks vs Chargers

Player of the Game;

WR Jermain Kears was a force to be reckoned with on the offensive end. He caught 4 passes for 89 yards and 2 touchdowns to help the Seahawks get the win in a rough game.

Interesting Notes;

The Chargers only gained 110 yards total, and only amassed 43 yards passing

Despite this, both teams only managed 7 first downs

There were 9 total turnovers in the game

the TOP was fairly equal, with the Seahawks getting 14;14 TOP and the Chargers getting 13:46

Phillip Rivers once again struggled mightily, throwing no touchdowns, 3 interceptions, and getting sacked 4 times. For the 2nd straight week, he managed a QB rating of under 25

Marshawn lynch had another solid game, with 14 carries for 74, giving him a YPC of 5.3

8 different receivers caught a pass for the Chargers

The highest amount of catches a Chargers player had was 2, the highest yardage was 25

Russel Wilson only complete 9 passes

Byron Maxwell managed to grab 2 interceptions

The Chargers only touchdown was a Fumble returned for a touchdown by Dwight Freeney

Malcolm SMith had 2 tackles, both of which were sacks

Manti Te'o had 1 sack, 1 more then the amount of girlfriends he's had

Jarate I must say these are awesome. Great job with this...

ShaneB

When's the next advance?

ShaneB, I'll be using our game to put an end to my loosing streak, hopefully you're OK with that?

Well I'm not, hah, but I'm not that great, so who knows what will happen!

Let me know if you don't hear from him tonight and I'll put him on auto. He's been MIA since the start of the regular season.

Ok. Well it's no rush to me, I can wait until tomorrow, but if he is MIA, then who knows.

Also Madden is the only video game I play these days, so no worries about me leaving for another game.

If he doesn't get his game in with you I will be looking for his replacement. He hasn't responded to any of the messages I sent over the weekend either in regards to his week 1 game.

C'mon guys. Get your games in.... I know it's only gonna be harder to do after tomorrow when everyone has Destiny in their hands.

I know that's right. Madden is really depressing me lately. Winless in the league but worst is a friend that I've played Madden with for years destroying me. Having played every Madden since 03, this is the worst I've ever been on offense. I'm not finding any space in the passing in game. I think I manage to score at the end of games when my opponent has things wrapped up and gets loose with his play calling. Hoping to bounce back Week 3.

Fixed1979

I know that's right. Madden is really depressing me lately. Winless in the league but worst is a friend that I've played Madden with for years destroying me. Having played every Madden since 03, this is the worst I've ever been on offense. I'm not finding any space in the passing in game. I think I manage to score at the end of games when my opponent has things wrapped up and gets loose with his play calling. Hoping to bounce back Week 3.

We should play sometime, at least one of us would come out feeling better about our Madden abilities.

Bacon

Ha i'm questioning whether I'll get a win this season!

Oh well, it's a couple games a week so it's not a huge commitment. Hopefully I improve over the course of the season too.

If you ever want to lab with me I will be more then willing to give you a few pointers. Madden is a long season and I'm sure by next season you'll have improved greatly. Just enjoy the ride now as you learn and adjust to the game and reap the rewards of a solid draft pick come our first offseason.

Fixed1979

If you ever want to lab with me I will be more then willing to give you a few pointers. Madden is a long season and I'm sure by next season you'll have improved greatly. Just enjoy the ride now as you learn and adjust to the game and reap the rewards of a solid draft pick come our first offseason.

If that option is available to anyone I might take you up on it!

No problem.... I was suppose to go to a midnight launch party for Destiny but will be home instead. Will probably hop on tonight if you're up for it. I got two league games to bang through. One at 10:30 est and one much later. It's up to you guys.

Fixed1979

No problem.... I was suppose to go to a midnight launch party for Destiny but will be home instead. Will probably hop on tonight if you're up for it. I got two league games to bang through. One at 10:30 est and one much later. It's up to you guys.

I probably won't be around until 11-1130EST. If I see you online I'll message you.

Cigol

Anyone feeling glum need only look over my results/stats and they'll instantly feel better about themselves.

hlhbk

Sgkazo please check your PSN for my message. We still on for 10 PM EST tonight? We need to get our game in tonight as my work schedule will be insane over the next 2 days.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Ha i'm questioning whether I'll get a win this season!

Oh well, it's a couple games a week so it's not a huge commitment. Hopefully I improve over the course of the season too.
I'm sure no one will go winless. And it you do, you get a top pick in the draft!
If you haven't done them, do the drils in skill trainer. I feel like it helped me tons with learning how to read your recievers progressions in different coverages.

I can't say it enough. If you dont go through the skills trainer you're going to have a hard time adjusting to this game its critical to your development in this game. Teaches you how to keep it simple and still be competitive before going balls to the wall with advance techniques. The beauty of madden and football in general is how every style of play can get you wins. Play to your strengths and take your time and you'll do fine...

hlhbk

SGKazo (Texans) and myself (Raiders) just got done playing our week 2 game in Oakland. SGKazo won 13-16. I gotta give him props! I had him at 3rd and 20 on his own 15 with 1:20 left and not only did he get the first down he drove down the field and kicked the game winning field goal with 0:00 on the clock! To say this game was tight is an understatement!

Even though I hate losing it was a good game and now I do feel I should be able to hang with others in the league.

Kazoo

SGKazo (Texans) and myself (Raiders) just got done playing our week 2 game in Oakland. SGKazo won 13-16. I gotta give him props! I had him at 3rd and 20 on his own 15 and not only did he get the first down he drove down the field and kicked the game winning field goal! To say this game was tight is an understatement!

Even though I hate losing it was a good game and now I do feel I should be able to hang with others in the league.
Lol gg man, that was tough but had a lot of fun though! Really enjoying Madden this year for sure.

Very stressful this game is!!

hlhbk

Lol gg man, that was tough but had a lot of fun though! Really enjoying Madden this year for sure.

Very stressful this game is!!

I was screaming at my corners for giving up that first down on 3rd and 20. I think my neighbors heard me! LOL

Man, I'm in another league as well as this one and am 0-5 so far in league play. 3 of those losses with me shooting myself in the foot and giving up the game on boneheaded plays. LOL!!!!!!! I really need to gather myself before it's too late to salvage the season...

Man, I'm in another league as well as this one and am 0-5 so far in league play. 3 of those losses with me shooting myself in the foot and giving up the game on boneheaded plays. LOL!!!!!!! I really need to gather myself before it's too late to salvage the season...

Saw you over on MaddenTips Swauny

LOL!!! I like to troll some dudes there occasionally.... It's the most useless madden site out there yet the most popular. The community at Madden-School is way better.

Yeah went there looking for defensive tips as I am getting cooked alive by people who have a good mixture of short passes and runs. I will have to check out madden school

ShaneB

So just looking for confirmation that I can go ahead and play my game against the CPU today since Broncos owner is MIA ?

Top Bottom