• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

Fixed1979

I enjoyed that game Shakes, some serious highs and lows. I wouldn't mind loosing as much if I had more games like that one. At this point I'm starting to look forward to the draft...

EDIT: bah top of the page with nothing clever to say.

I enjoyed that game Shakes, some serious highs and lows. I wouldn't mind loosing as much if I had more games like that one. At this point I'm starting to look forward to the draft...

EDIT: bah top of the page with nothing clever to say.

It was a lot of fun. Thought I had it won with the td I scored with a minute 1:20 left then you just marched down the field picking my defense apart to tie it up with 11 seconds left. At that point I was convinced I was going to lose because my defense couldn't seem to stop you, so I agree with you about the serious highs and lows.

hlhbk

ShaneB you and I (Raiders) play in week 12 (when we advance Saturday night). Would you happen to be available on Saturday night after we advance to play? I will also PM you.

djblue89

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to drop out (49ers), with exams coming up in the coming weeks and work, I don't have the time to commit myself to the league. I am sure that you will find someone ASAP since you are a great group of guys.

All the best.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to drop out (49ers), with exams coming up in the coming weeks and work, I don't have the time to commit myself to the league. I am sure that you will find someone ASAP since you are a great group of guys.

All the best.

Best of luck to ya. When you find time to commit to the league you are more then welcome back man.

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
Hey man, sorry about the late response, was away reading and finishing up a book. I saw your PM, We can play Friday night if that is good.

yeah i can probably play friday night - what is best way to contact you?

I prob can't play till close to 11p ET though

Fixed1979

Miami vs. Toronto Buffalo. I'll be available pretty much after 7PM EST tonight and tomorrow through the weekend. If a specific time works better for you Thomasbk let me know.

thomasbk

Miami vs. Toronto Buffalo. I'll be available pretty much after 7PM EST tonight and tomorrow through the weekend. If a specific time works better for you Thomasbk let me know.

Can you play tonight after thursday night football? or is it too late for you? ... if not then probably saturday morning/early afternoon works for me.

The Buffalo Jim Kelly's are ready to take over this league and beat everyone's ass like it's cancer!

SUSPENSIONS: The Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders both violated the sportsmanship rules by running up the score on their opponents respectively. Please as a league review the rules and try to keep within them from now on. Both the Broncos and the Raiders will respectively sit QB Derek Carr and QB Peyton Manning for their next games in week 12. This is a STERN warning and the next person that violates the rule will be put on AUTO for two weeks.

Fixed1979

Can you play tonight after thursday night football? or is it too late for you? ... if not then probably saturday morning/early afternoon works for me.

The Buffalo Jim Kelly's are ready to take over this league and beat everyone's ass like it's cancer!

I'm not 100% sure, I'll probably be around, we can make the decision when the game ends. Otherwise I'll likely be on Saturday morning until it warms up enough to take the bike out for one more ride...which likely won't be until late afternoon.

SUSPENSIONS: The Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders both violated the sportsmanship rules by running up the score on their opponents respectively. Please as a league review the rules and try to keep within them from now on. Both the Broncos and the Raiders will respectively sit QB Derek Carr and QB Peyton Manning for their next games in week 12. This is a STERN warning and the next person that violates the rule will be put on AUTO for two weeks.

oh snap. laying down the law...now I'm curious to see what the stats were from their last game.

hlhbk

I'm not 100% sure, I'll probably be around, we can make the decision when the game ends. Otherwise I'll likely be on Saturday morning until it warms up enough to take the bike out for one more ride...which likely won't be until late afternoon.

oh snap. laying down the law...now I'm curious to see what the stats were from their last game.

I can't speak for Denver but it was stupid on my part and it will never happen again.

thomasbk

So you around?

Fixed1979

I can't speak for Denver but it was stupid on my part and it will never happen again.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the game I played against you earlier this year. Either way shit happens, live and learn.

So you around?

Sorry but, wasn't on GAF last night, usually only on during the day...best bet is GroupMe or just jump on PS4 and I'm probably playing Destiny. I'll be online pretty much all day tomorrow starting in the morning so if you're still good for then it'll work out.

Jarate

Banned
WEEK 10 RECAPS THE RETURN OF JARATE

BROWNS 20 @ Bengals 17

WR Andrew Hawkins was a returning beast, in a game where the browns couldn't get the ball moving very well, Hawkins not only returned a kick off return for a touchdown, but he also returned 4 punts for 69 yards providing good enough field position for the Browns to steal victory.

Interesting Notes;

Both teams moved the ball in wildly different ways. The Browns had 29 yards passing but 187 yards rushing, and the Bengals had 16 yards rushing and 288 yards passing

The Bengals had a 17-10 lead going into the 4th quarter

The Bengals won the turnover battle

Johnny Manziel threw for only 63 yards and 3 ints in this game

Eddie Lacy was the dominant offensive force for the Browns, he had 21 carries for 135 yards, he also had a catch for 26 yards

Giovanni Bernard had 8 rushes for 1 yard

AJ Green had 8 catches for 170 yards, the next highest reception total was 3

No one one the Browns had more then 1 catch

Khalil Mack was the best defender out there, he had a game high 6 tackles and also had 2 sacks and a forced fumble including 4 TFL

Terence Newman had 2 interceptions

Joe Haden also had 2 Interceptions

Chiefs 24 @ BILLS 27

Player of the Game;

WR Sammy Watkins has provided an offensive spark needed for a flat Bills team last year. Watkins had a dominating performance catching 11 passes for 179 yards and 2 touchdowns

Interesting Notes;

There was 22 total rushing yards between both teams in this game, both had 11 yards

The Bills outgained the Chiefs by 131 yards

The Bills 2 turnovers kept the Chiefs in the game

The Chiefs only had 1 3rd down conversion

Both Teams QBs played well, Alex Smith threw for 192 yards and 2 scores and EJ Manuel threw for 345 yards and 3 tds (and 2 picks) giving them both QB ratings over 100

4 players ran for negative yards in this game

The highest YPC by any player was 2.5

Scott Chandler also caught 10 passes for 83 yards and a score

Junior Hemingway caught a 73 yard pass, his only reception of the day

Husain Abdulklah had a game high 7 tackles and also had an int in the game

Knile Davis returned a kick for 97 yard TD

Dolphins 31 @ LIONS 34

Player of the Game;

WR Calvin Johnson was in a receiving race with Brian Hartline and he ended up winning. He had 7 catches for 186 yards and 2 tds in the victory

Interesting Notes;

This game was decided on a second score in OT, the Lions won on a TD after the Dolphins kicked a field goal

The Lions had 478 yards of total offense

Mathew Stafford had a really good game with 396 yasrds passing and m3 touchdowns, but still threw for 3 ints

Sam Bradford had 274 yards 3 tds and 2 picks

Knowshown Moreno had 19 carries for 98 yards and a TD

Reggie Bush had 15 carries for 58 yards and 2 tds

Brian Hartline caught 8 passes for160 yards and 2 tds

Eric Ebron caught 7 passes for 98 yards

Reshad Jones had a game high 10 tackles including a TFL

Cowboys 10 @ JAGUARS 35

Player of the Game;

RB Darren Sproles, while Sproles didnt carry the ball well, his 2 rushing tds and his 1 receiving tds were necessary in this destruction of the Cowboys

Interesting Notes;

The Cowboys committed 7 turnovers and only gained 105 yards

The Cowboys only ran the ball for 3 total yards

Seriously, how did you commit 7 turnovers?

Blake Bortles had a very good game, throwing for 205 yards and 2 touchdowns for a QB rating of 120.9

Tony Romo had 135 yards and 6 interceptions in the game

Toby Gerhart had 14 carries for 88 yards and a score

Demarco Murray ran the ball 4 times for 3 yards

Dez Bryant still managed 10 catches for 94 yards

Nobody on the Jaguars had more then 2 catches

Despite the 6 interceptions, they were all caught by different Jaguars

The Cowboys scored their only touchdown off an INT return for a TD

Jarate

Banned
49ers 20 @ SAINTS 24

Player of the Game;

QB Drew Brees continues with his solid play, he threw for 192 yards and 2 touchdowns along with no picks in this close victory over the 49ers

Interesting Notes;

The 49ers outgained the Saints by 66 yards

The Saints only managed 28 yards of rushing

the 49ers lobe turnover was the difference in the game, as it was an INT returned for a TD

Kapernick threw for 157 yards and a TD but also threw a pick. He also ran the ball for 47 yards

Frank Gore had 20 carries for 86 yards and a TD

Jimmy Graham caught 6 passes for 107 yards and a TD

Pierre Thomas caught 4 passes for 6 yards

Joe Staley had 3 pancakes

Patri9ck Willis had a game high 7 tackles including 2 TFL

Keenan Lewis had an INT returned for a TD

Titans 12 @ RAVENS 17

Player of the Game;

TE Dennis Pita was the one receiver for the Ravens causing problems. Pitta caught 9 passes for 129 yards and a score

Interesting Notes;

Despite turning the ball over 4 times, the Ravens still managed to squeak out a victory

The Titans were held to only 26 yards of rushing

There were more turnovers then third down conversions

Jake Locker struggled in this, his breakout year. He threw for 227 yards and 1 td, but also threw 3 interceptions in the loss

Tyrod Taylor also struggled throwing for 191 yards 1 td and 3 ints

Ray Rice ran the ball 15 times for 82 yards and a TD

Bishop Sankey struggled mightily for the Titans, he ran the ball 8 times for 12 yards

Other then Pitta, no one on the Ravens caught more the 1 pass

There were no sacks in this game

There were no punts in this game

STEELERS 10 @ Jets 0

Player of the Game;

QB Ben Roethlisberger, in a game with little offensive, and no dominant defensive player, the game ball goes to Big Ben for throwing a TD and not turning the ball over

Interesting Notes;

The Jets outgained the Steelers passing the ball

The Jets got outgained in the rushing department by 113 yards, they only managed 10 yards rushing

The Jets had 0 3rd down conversions

Matt FLynn passed the ball for 144 yards and 1 int

Chris Johnson had 9 carries for 5 yards

Le'Veon Bell had 244 carries for 116 yards

Jermichael Finley caught 5 passes for 71 yards

Antonio Brown caught the only TD in the game

Cameron Heyward had 2 sacks in the game

Mike Mitchell had an INT

Falcons 24 @ BUCCANEERS 31

Player of the Game;

RB Doug Martin was a solid piece needed for the Buccaneers to win. He carried the ball 22 times for 101 yards and 2 touchdowns in the victory.

Interesting Notes;

Despite winning by only 7, the Bucks outgained the Falcons by 207 yards

The Bucks still won despite committing 3 turnovers compared to the Falcons 1

The Falcons only managed 1 3rd down conversion

Mike Glennon threw for 308 yards and 2 tds, but his 2 INTs hurt his team

Matt Ryan continues his struggle, he threw for only 147 yards, no touchdowns and 1 interception

Steven Jackson had 12 carries for 53 yards and a TD

Vincent Jackson caught 12 passes for 134 yards and a score

Nobody had a Pancake in this game

Desmond Trufant had both interceptions along with 5 tackles for the Falcons

Tyson Jackson returned a fumble for a touchdown along with a sack

The Buccaneers never punted

Jarate

Banned
Broncos 21 @ RAIDERS 35

Player of the Game;

QB Derek Carr was almost perfect in this upset, he threw for 226 yards and 3 touchdowns, posting a QB rating of 149.9

Interesting Notes;

The Broncos outgained the Raiders, but had 4 turnovers which killed their chances

The Broncos only managed 9 yards rushing

The Broncos only had 2 3rd down conversions

Peyton Manning, despite throwing for a QB rating of 92.3, had a rough game, his 3 ints hurt his team heavily

Darren McFadden had 21 carries for 98 yasrds

Montee Ball had 3 carries for 5 yards

Demaryius Thomas led the game with catches for 86 uards

Denarius Moore was the best receiver for Oaklan, he caught 6 passes for 106 yards and a score

Julius Thomas caught 6 passes for a game high 128 yards and 1 TD

Aqib Talib had the only sack in the game

Tarell Brown had 5 tackles and an INT which re returned for a TD

Charles Woodson had an INT and also a fumble recovery

Marquette King had a 60 yard punt

Rams 6 @ CARDINALS 27

Player of the Game;

RE Darnell Dockett was a defensive force for the Cardinals, he had 6 tackles, including 3 sacks in this dominating victory

Interesting Notes;

The Rams only managed 79 yards of total offense

The Rams only had 19 yards rushing

Drew Stanton had a good game passing for 168 yards and 3 touchdowns

Michael Vick only had 62 yards passing including an int. He was also sacked 5 times

Andre Ellington ran the ball 20 times for 118 yards

Jordan Cameron had 4 catches for 51 yards and 2 tds

Zac Stacy caught 4 passes, the most for the Rams for only 21 yards

Daryl Washington had 7 tackles including 2 TFL

I'll finish the rest of the game tonight

hlhbk

Yeah, just wondering how long i might be watching hockey, Baseball or football. =p

How do i join the groupme group?

Well there is an app on your phone and a website for it. www.groupme.com Create a login and let me know when you have done so and I will see if I can walk you through it. Once you join the GAF group will be automatically available when you log in anywhere. If at all possible I would like to start our game by 1 AM EST tomorrow.

FYI to anyone that reads this I wasn't a huge fan of signing up for yet another service but Groupme has been pretty cool especially since we got a good group of guys and it makes it much easier to setup games/post streams of games. I highly recommend that you join groupme and the chat.

EDIT: Shane it looks like I can invite you to the chat. Let me know when you have signed up for groupme and your user id.

ShaneB

Yeah, I've signed up, but when I searched for the group name nothing came up.. or anything I search for it seems. Will PM.

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
i still think 11p is realistic for me - 1130 is the absolute latest - but i am down to play - will try and msg you here if groupme is not set up

ShaneB

i still think 11p is realistic for me - 1130 is the absolute latest - but i am down to play - will try and msg you here if groupme is not set up

Hey man, I was just about to see if you can wait until the ball game is over, but no idea how long that could be. So I'm good to play whenever if you'd like. You ok with me streaming?

Top Bottom