• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cincinnati braces for footage release in campus cop killing (Up: Murder charge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny956

I understand. I'm just saying if you only saw the "edited" version, and you're looking for the unedited version, you're not missing much. I don't know how they could even edit it. It hardly shows anything.

We're also watching a livestream with a camera recording a projector in a bright room. It'll be a lot easier to see when we receive direct footage but it looks like a execution to me

Those will never stop, but I don't think it will be as prevalent this time around. At least I hope not.

I should hope not either. The guy has barely any chance to react to the officer, who first assaults him and then shoots him seconds later, how was there any time for him to even obey? Just another trigger happy murderer in the U.S police system, we can only hope this one gets a just punishment.

blackflag

They zoomed out right before it happened. I can't even tell what happened. Did he just shoot him in the head for trying to drive off?

johnny956

They zoomed out right before it happened. I can't even tell what happened. Did he just shoot him in the head for trying to drive off?

Yup, he drove off right into the side of the road after this. He was dead probably right after he got shot. Wasn't the original excuse the officer said is the guy tried to run him over? Good lord

Wow that video is beyond fucked up. Straight up murder.

I was in college (at UC actually) during the Timothy Thomas trial and riots of 2001. It does sound like they're doing the right thing this time around. Hopefully the city has grown since then.

Hari Seldon

Probably, but at least the cop is getting a murder charge instead of internal investigation and administrative leave.

Body cams are leading to slow progress.

EDIT: Also, is it common for American universities to have their own police departments? My campus had like 3 security guards in a little house, armed with flashlights.

There was a lot less before Virginia Tech.

Armaros

Yup, he drove off right into the side of the road after this. He was dead probably right after he got shot. Wasn't the original excuse the officer said is the guy tried to run him over? Good lord

Yes he reported that the victim was trying to run him over and dragged him with the car.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So did they release the video? I heard about this last night and it sounded like it was quite graphic. Or is there a rundown of what happened?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Thanks for posting. So from what I can see...

-Guy closes his door, says he's not getting out.
-Cop reaches for keys
-Guy floors it (?)
-A split second (literally half a second) the cop grabbed his gun and shot the guy in the face

If the cop was dragged like he said he was, it was for no more than a second it seemed. I can't believe how fast everything happened. Is that what looks like happened?

To be fair, it's a legitimate question for a traffic stop involving a missing license plate. Wasn't asked because he was black.....
It is also a common question racist cops ask minorities to imply this car couldn't possibly be their car and they probably clearly stole it.

depths20XX

So did they release the video? I heard about this last night and it sounded like it was quite graphic. Or is there a rundown of what happened?

It's not really graphic as it happens so fast. Cop tries to open door, then tells guy to remove seatbelt, cop reaches in car (to undo his belt? I really dunno) and then shoots him in the head a second later and he starts running right after.

Officer Tensing was trying to get Dubose out of the car (told him to take off his seatbelt, looks like he tried the door handle) because Dubose couldn't find his driver's license. It's a little hard to see, but it looks like he maybe sees Dubose put the car in drive, so he quickly started trying to restrain or stop Dubose out via the car window. It looks like there is a quick little struggle (which is understandable, and maybe Dubose saw him draw his gun), and then the officer just drew his gun and shot Dubose in the head during the struggle. Dubose's foot is still on or hits the accelerator, sending the car into the curb ahead, but at no point was Tensing dragged or in danger of being run over.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
First question he asks is "Is this your car?"

I'm white, never been asked that as the first thing.

He was missing plates. I had just got new plates for a crap car I had bought and only had one plate on there, first question from the cop was if it was my car.

Trust me I'm not defending this situation, but let's try to be rational about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom