• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Circana] May 2024: 1# Ghost of Tsushima, 2# Paper Mairo TYD, 3# Helldivers 2, #8 Shadow of Erdtree; PS5 #1, 2#NSW , 3# XSX

Woopah

The MOST overhyped game of this generation by Xbox themselves and fanboys. You gonna tell me it’s not worth mentioning where it stood in the Circana reports?
No. Because Circana does not approach these things with a console war mindset, looking at what is hyped or overhyped. They don't pick which games to talk about in monthly reports based on the opinions of fanboys from Microsoft, Capcom, Koei Tecmo or any other company.

Circana approaches things in terms of data. They release the software top 20 and talk about the top 20. Simply put, Hellblade 2 did not sell well enough to be discussed.

When someone asked about Hellblade 2, he replied with an answer straightaway (just like all the other questions). When he got lots of questions about Hellblade 2, he made a specific tweet with the answers so everyone could see.

That's not defending Microsoft, that's sharing data.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The MOST overhyped game of this generation by Xbox themselves and fanboys. You gonna tell me it’s not worth mentioning where it stood in the Circana reports?
Eh, game was never that hyped outside of fanboys. Saw more Sony fanboys talking about it than anything. You guys are obsessed.

Sequel to a game nobody cared about. No one from any sort of business background would have expected it to sell much. Hell on this very forum people were making fun of the lack of marketing.

Last edited:
Eh, game was never that hyped outside of fanboys. Saw more Sony fanboys talking about it than anything. You guys are obsessed.

Sequel to a game nobody cared about. No one from any sort of business background would have expected it to sell much. Hell on this very forum people were making fun of the lack of marketing.
SONY!!!

Church Saturday GIF

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
For the record Xbox has sucked these last 2 gens and I’m a much bigger Sony fan.

I just prefer to talk about what actually interests me rather than obsess over some “other side” like much of this forum does.

I swear the Xbox “influencers” I see spammed over here have more hate followers than real followers. None of them are ever heard of outside of fanboy circles so any “hype” they generate is pretty minimal lol

Last edited:

Elios83

Very slow period.
If it wasn't for Sony having success at different things (HW sales, GaaS, PC ports, etc) general situation would look awful.

Top Bottom