• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

DizzyCrow

They'll probably use the NNID since it also register your game purchases, but since it only register digital purchases maybe they'll push digital for more profits or even preparing for an all digital future.

RK128

This is a shame for people really attached to the service; it offered a lot of value in the long run :).

I also have a question though; how does one register Wii VC/Wii Ware games with Club Nintendo? I did this with my account in December but none of my games popped up for surveys :l. If anyone can answer this, that would be really nice of you :D.

Where do I go to do that? Like I redeem them on the club nintendo site and then there's an upgrade option on the WiiU Eshop?
You have to go to the eshop and find said game and then it will have a discounted price attached to it.

This really bums me out though, I've been hoarding coins recently so now I'm hoping that they'll release some Zelda related items next month so I can use them all up before they expire.

Megasoum

Banned
You have to go to the eshop and find said game and then it will have a discounted price attached to it.

Cool thanks.

Well... I have 635 coins so I guess I'll grab Super Punchout and Super Metroid.... The only two games that interest me in the current lineup so might as well dump those coins.

Megasoum

Banned
So are they still planning on adding new items on top of the new ones from this morning?

This morning's games say they will be available until June 2015

BY2K

Membero Americo
I wonder if the new program will be the Loyalty Discount thing Iwata talked about a while back.

So are they still planning on adding new items on top of the new ones from this morning?

This morning's games say they will be available until June 2015
Yes, in February they'll be adding more rewards and more games to download. Also, they'll be distributing codes for Flipnote Studio 3d.

gotta spend over 15'000 points.
Bring it on Nintendo! x)

I foresee a lot of ModBot gifting from some gaffers. I doubt Nintendo will have enough selection to use up this many codes.

You could also stock up on T-Shirts to give out for Christmas at the end of the year.

Lexxism

I'm quite confused. CN will be over by June 30th and there will be a new one. Do I need to register all of my unused codes? Or I can use it to their next "reward program"? I got a bunch of codes pending on my CN account like the WiiU

I'm quite confused. CN will be over by June 30th and there will be a new one. Do I need to register all of my unused codes? Or I can use it to their next "reward program"? I got a bunch of codes pending on my CN account like the WiiU

You need to use up everything. The current program is ending completely. The new program won't use any of the Club Nintendo points.

Finally a move to a proper account system?

1. Don't get your hopes up.
2. If you're in NA expect the worst.

Kandinsky

We should start a trade codes thread, I have a bunch of 3DS games I can't register because of that silly rule of only one copy for ID :/

We should start a trade codes thread, I have a bunch of 3DS games I can't register because of that silly rule of only one copy for ID :/

You could create a family account and register them on that. That's what I did.

They still get added to the same pool of codes.

FaintDeftone

Really sucks that they're closing this down. I've always enjoyed Club Nintendo even though the rewards have been shitty recently. I have 735 coins left so I'm going to save them and see what is available in February just in case we get something cool like a full retail game or a cool collectible.

Oh wow. The replacement program better be good. And they better have some reeeeally good rewards put up before the end because I have well over 1000 coins. Give me some physical Fire Emblem and Xenoblade rewards, pleeeeeeeease!!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This makes me feel kinda sad ... I've been a member for about a decade.

...More than a decade, actually! My first registered product: Nintendo GameCube, Mar 1, 2004. My first registered game: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mar 8, 2004.

woopWOOP

Trying to check my star amount reminds me how clunky Club Nintendo always was to navigate through. Hopefully the new system will be better in that regard.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What if the New 3DS gets released on NA only through this upcoming new loyalty program? D:

I originally thought that NoA was doing exactly that with the CN. Let's see...
Do we think that they will announce the new program, probably with the new promotion and account system, in a Pre-E3 Direct (as done before the Wii U launch, exactly to show off some system feature and so on?)

StAidan

Dang. Well I hope I won't miss out on anything too exciting for physical rewards, I just got one of those new 3DS game cases and now I only have 410 coins left, which isn't likely to get much of anything in February.

Maybe I need to pick up some games I've been procrastinating on...

The_Lump

Banned
Couldn't be happier. Current system is so convoluted & fragmented.

Purchases/rewards simply need to be linked to your NNID and happy days :)

Korosenai

So should I use all of my saved club Nintendo vouchers I was gonna use next year on this new site, or should I go ahead and use them now?

RiggyRob

Time to cash in all of my unused Club Nintendo codes. I wonder what rewards they'll put up before September 30th?

So should I use all of my saved club Nintendo vouchers I was gonna use next year on this new site, or should I go ahead and use them now?

My understanding is Club Nintendo codes won't work on the new site, so use them before September 30th.

Josh7289

Wow, um, time to register all those remaining codes I have lying around then, I guess...

At least it sounds like the new program might be more unified across regions? Heh?

woopWOOP

Huh, just 100 stars short of something not entirely worthless. Too bad Splatoon won't be getting me any stars this coming summer.

...How many stars do VC games earn you, again?

e: Woah, apparently I still have 3 surveys to get stars from. Neato!

So is there any chance new decent stuff will be added before September or should I just splurge and get 1000 Wii Points for 30p Super Metroid now?

(£7.00 in Wii points for hundreds of pounds of purchases... fucking wow.)

Well, I've had a couple thousand coins expiring this year (my whole inventory) and hadn't yet found much worth spending them on. Glad I can remove this from my reminders at least... Hopefully with the blowout there's some good stuff.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I had a feeling something weird was up when the Club Nintendo code included with Captain Toad expired 31 March 2015.

Top Bottom