• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

That being said, this I still think this is a stupid move. I've been apart of Club Nintendo/NoE since it started back in 2002. It's a shame because I really did enjoy the NoE days back then. We used to have a forum and badges. Then they did the big change over with the Wii and we lost the forum. Not only that but it just became bland.
OH well. I don't really understand Nintendo anymore so I can't say I'm surprised.

30K stars registered since 2002.

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest. This is Nintendo and I have no idea what they're doing.

Well, CLub Nintendo itself needed a huge overhaul. The EU website is so badly designed compared to Nintendo's other up-to-date websites. Not to mention when you go into the options it is all outdated and only goes up to Wii era for some of the options. Perhaps they will turn it into something more social and exciting again, together with Miiverse and your NNID.

I always get reminded of the old EU Nintendo forum. That was such a toxic place, but I didn't have anywhere else to go... Before I discovered independent websites. :D

It's just a shame I'm going to lose all my stars if they don't give me something I actually want to exchange them for.

Cuburt

I have a feeling this is Nintendo taking the next step towards unified accounts. The reason I believe that is because CN was a remnant of a very old system in NA and I know that because when I signed up for an account on the website to register games and use the forums back when they had regular forums (years before CN), it had carried over my info from my old Nintendo Power subscription which I had cancelled in the late 90's (and the Gamecube and GBA I registered back in 2003). Later, when they created Club Nintendo, those data bases seemed to be merged with their older records.

Those are some old records and perhaps they are what made things more complicated. The eShop has definitely seemed to do a lot to make things unified and simpler but before that, the Wii and the DSi didn't have the eShop.

Vuze

I never registered anything there, but the service shutting down made me go through the recent retail Nintendo games I own and turns out I have a valid code thingy for MH4G (Japanese), so if somebody needs it, just shoot me a PM.

Saroyan

I've got 1330 coins currently, and I think I have 2 or 3 games to register yet so I better get those in today. Hopefully there will be something neat to spend them on.

SteveTR

"Buy this game for a lot so you can redeem these probably expired code for these sick Mario shoe laces"

Don't think it'll work like that. I have some faith in people.

Well, I think a lot of people would do that just for the novelty of owning something that's not even around anymore. Also, it's Nintendo.

MicH

Please let the replacement be something that includes Scandinavia! All these years we have been excluded from,all that goodness :(

Effect

I remember there was word a few months ago that this was going to happen but there were never any dates given. I hope the replacement is better and more wide spread. Sucks that many fans/customers couldn't take part in Club Nintendo.

Cuburt

I wish they'd do me a solid and reactivate all the surveys that expired for me. That is the problem with buying digital, I'd buy the game and completely forget about the survey until it was already expired. At least with the codes, I'd save them until I needed to use them.

73V3N

Banned
500 coins for DK Returns 3DS please

AU7Amsc.gif

shanafan

That being said, this I still think this is a stupid move. I've been apart of Club Nintendo/NoE since it started back in 2002. It's a shame because I really did enjoy the NoE days back then. We used to have a forum and badges. Then they did the big change over with the Wii and we lost the forum. Not only that but it just became bland.
OH well. I don't really understand Nintendo anymore so I can't say I'm surprised.

30K stars registered since 2002.

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest. This is Nintendo and I have no idea what they're doing.

I have to say that Club Nintendo shutting down and starting a new program is not a stupid move. It seems that with every month when Nintendo announces new rewards, most comments from people is that the same games continue to come out, I will never use these coins, etc.

I believe Nintendo saw what the feedback was like, and decided that it was time to do a change. Better for them to admit that something needed a makeover rather than continue to support a perceived broken system and never change it.

KarmaCow

Hopefully they'll be some good digital games because the physical stuff is going to get scooped up within minutes of it going up.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So is it reasonable to expect they're transferring to a new system that will support cloud storage of combined account information along with eshop purchases for all hardware as well as save data for easy transferring between systems?

I have to say that Club Nintendo shutting down and starting a new program is not a stupid move. It seems that with every month when Nintendo announces new rewards, most comments from people is that the same games continue to come out, I will never use these coins, etc.

I believe Nintendo saw what the feedback was like, and decided that it was time to do a change. Better for them to admit that something needed a makeover rather than continue to support a perceived broken system and never change it.

I admit...I just miss the forum.

Sounds to me like they're improving so I can't really complain. It's just annoying about the whole stars thing.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Pity they don't offer AC adaptors up. But then in surveys I guess people have been answering "My house is drowing in AC adaptors, please stop including them!!"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So is it reasonable to expect they're transferring to a new system that will support cloud storage of combined account information along with eshop purchases for all hardware as well as save data for easy transferring between systems?
iudHloCnr8hph.gif

shanafan

I admit...I just miss the forum.

Sounds to me like they're improving so I can't really complain. It's just annoying about the whole stars thing.

Can you link me to where I can find these Stars? I have been platinum for 2 years now but have never seen Stars. TY ;)

Corgi

Banned

Makes the most sense, but nintendo isn't really about that, so your guess is as good as any :p

kewlmyc

Hopefully it's replace by a real account system.

Also, sucks if you have digital games and they get stolen after Feb 13 and before whatever new thing they push out.

Can you link me to where I can find these Stars? I have been platinum for 2 years now but have never seen Stars. TY ;)

Sorry I should've mentioned earlier. It's a Nintendo of Europe reward program. You guys get Nintendo Coins but we get Nintendo Stars for registering products (since it started in 2002).
For every game registered you can 250 stars per game. Those stars then go towards the product you want in the Club Nintendo catalogue.

Pila

Funny how Americans here shit on their Club, I thought you had the best one (Japan is in its own league of course...) here in Yurop we hadn't that platinum business and rewards were not the best things you could dream about...

I've been a member since forever, I hope the new thing will be awesome.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Funny how Americans here shit on their Club, I thought you had the best one (Japan is in its own league of course...) here in Yurop we hadn't that platinum business and rewards were not the best things you could dream about...

I've been a member since forever, I hope the new thing will be awesome.

Yep. Here in Europe, we never got digital downloads as a reward either.

I have 3200 stars, but the site seems to be constantly 404-ing so I think it is wise to wait until later. I wouldn't trust filling out a survey right now.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Club Nintendo was lacking anything worth wild for a long time. So, I hope the new loyalty program is just the DDP promotion but expanded, that'd be awesome.

Also, I really hope they finally have a coffee mug as a reward next month. That's all I've ever wanted from Club Nintendo... it's so simple.

Club Nintendo was lacking anything worth wild for a long time. So, I hope the new loyalty program is just the DDP promotion but expanded, that'd be awesome.

Also, I really hope they finally have a coffee mug as a reward next month. That's all I've ever wanted from Club Nintendo... it's so simple.

Anything from a game series that isn't Mario would be great too :\

L.O.R.D

damn , i am missing 50 club Nintendo coins and i lost my pokemon omega ruby box that contain the unused code
anyone could help me ?

Marcel

NA Club Nintendo to be replaced with something that still has terrible merchandise compared to any other supported region.

Top Bottom