• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ACC refs, in their infinite wisdom, forgot to change the possession arrow after VT got a jump ball, therefore giving them a free possession. Best officials in the country.

Big win for Cal against UCLA today. Nice to at least get the split on the visit to LA. Seven games left in the Pac-10 season. Washington schools play in Berkeley next weekend.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Texas is 9 of 26 from the free throw line.

Jesus Fucking Christ. Terrible

At least 4 of those were on the front end of 1 and 1s.

NewLib

Banned
This is all you need to know about the SEC:

Kentucky is 4-0 vs the West
Florida is 4-0 vs the West
Tennessee is 4-0 vs the West
Vandy is 3-0 vs the West
South Carolina is 2-1 vs the West
Georgia is 0-3 vs the West

Awesome. we lose to one of the worst teams in college basketball. Every game we lose I have thought, well we can't play worse than THAT. Then we keep seeming to play like that again. I'm starting to believe this is just how we are. Bad

Karakand

NewLib said:
This is all you need to know about the SEC:

Kentucky is 4-0 vs the West
Florida is 4-0 vs the West
Tennessee is 4-0 vs the West
Vandy is 3-0 vs the West
South Carolina is 2-1 vs the West
Georgia is 0-3 vs the West
Everything is terrible this year. It's exactly like football.

How bout them Gophers staying alive vs. Penn State? Yes, I know, Penn St. :lol

How many teams from the Big Ten are gonna make it? I say 5 with Minnesota taking Illinois' place once they trounce them in Champaign.

Wisconsin is going to make the final 4. Their shooters are as pure as angels. Swish, swish, swish.

Karakand

Freshman forward Reeves Nelson said he suffered a concussion on his first touch of the game, but told trainers he was fine and continued playing.
FML

BTW I'm glad this guy is on a team of misfits. Definitely nice to know he's jeopardizing himself while Niko misses games because of criminal proceedings.

impirius

By the transitive property, Tennessee is now officially 58 points better than LSU.

UT is by far the worst matchup for my Gamecocks, but at least we don't have to play them aga... wait, what? Oh. :(

Big win tonight. I think going 4-3 from here gets Illinois dancing. It's going to come down to that game against Minnesota. Thank god we're hosting that one.

Outdoor Miner said:
Big win tonight. I think going 4-3 from here gets Illinois dancing. It's going to come down to that game against Minnesota. Thank god we're hosting that one.

More teams from the big 10 the better, we showed up in football this year and its time to do it in march. Boiler up!

Seth C

canova said:
How can a team with 8 McDonald All Americans sit at 13-10 record?

Only 7 I believe, but only Roy knows the answer to that question. Kicking out that fan was some serious bad karma, apparently.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Seth C said:
Only 7 I believe, but only Roy knows the answer to that question. Kicking out that fan was some serious bad karma, apparently.

Maybe its for saying "dadgum" every other sentence, or referring to himself in 3rd person like he's a wrestler or a cave man. Unlike Bowser, I'm enjoying the sheeps sudden turn of bad fortune. If anything, its payback for their heckling for the 2007 season " K Rat has a team full of Burger Boys and they suck, har har, he can't coach" Well, what does that say about Huckleberry Hound?

I still have a suspicion they'll have a game like they did against Mich St and win by 12+ on Wednesday. We suck on the road.

Seth C

truly101 said:
Maybe its for saying "dadgum" every other sentence, or referring to himself in 3rd person like he's a wrestler or a cave man. Unlike Bowser, I'm enjoying the sheeps sudden turn of bad fortune. If anything, its payback for their heckling for the 2007 season " K Rat has a team full of Burger Boys and they suck, har har, he can't coach" Well, what does that say about Huckleberry Hound?

I still have a suspicion they'll have a game like they did against Mich St and win by 12+ on Wednesday. We suck on the road.

It should make for an interesting game. Is your inability to win on the road enough of an advantage for UNC to actually win a game? Do they suck so bad that you can overcome your road woes? Only time will tell. Either way, I expect a contest of ineptitude and a team on tobacco road loses, so we all win.

jakncoke

Banned
Z_Y said:
:lol

Being a WVU fan who has been to many a Pitt game in Pittsburgh...I'm going to have to take a look at your math on that.

At least our fans aren't douches and throw shit onto the court >_<...4 more days!

SyNapSe

FUCKING ROLLEYES. people called it with James nailing 3's. He'd hit 0 in the last 4 coming into tonight. Now, he's 3/3 from 3 and it's basically all of Tejas points w/ a random banker in.

Still a close game to this point. I thought it'd be tougher to this point. Obviously the horns have been struggling but I thought they'd have a ton of intensity tonight.

So Texas has trailed after the 1st half 8 of their last 9 games.

SyNapSe said:
FUCKING ROLLEYES. people called it with James nailing 3's. He'd hit 0 in the last 4 coming into tonight. Now, he's 3/3 from 3 and it's basically all of Tejas points w/ a random banker in.

Still a close game to this point. I thought it'd be tougher to this point. Obviously the horns have been struggling but I thought they'd have a ton of intensity tonight.

yeah that lasted all but the first 4 minutes of the game.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Cornballer said:
Big win for Cal against UCLA today. Nice to at least get the split on the visit to LA. Seven games left in the Pac-10 season. Washington schools play in Berkeley next weekend.

Cal will probably be the only team to make the tourney this year in the Pac 10. It is just that sad. As an Arizona grad/fan I hope they can win the Pac 10 tourney but fuck if they are just way too inconsistent. Shit, the Pac 10 tourney will actually be exciting this year!

Washington should be really good but Romar teams die when they have to play on the road.

jakncoke

Banned
During the first half, I really thought we were going to lose. Karon Abrahams was on fire in the first half. If he continued into the 2nd..well I don't want to think of what might of happened.

StoOgE

SyNapSe said:

We aren't struggling. We are bad.

We have beaten no one other than Michigan St who we beat because they didn't show up to play.

This is a fucking horrible team. Rick Barnes thinks he has a deep team. I don't see it. I don't even think we have 5 players who act like they want to be out there.

perfectchaos007 said:
So Texas has trailed after the 1st half 8 of their last 9 games.

And lost 5 of them.

Probably should have lost 6.

Only 3 of those were even good teams and we were killed in all 3 of those games.

Bowser

StoOgE said:
We aren't struggling. We are bad.

We have beaten no one other than Michigan St who we beat because they didn't show up to play.

This is a fucking horrible team. Rick Barnes thinks he has a deep team. I don't see it. I don't even think we have 5 players who act like they want to be out there.

And lost 5 of them.

Probably should have lost 6.

Only 3 of those were even good teams and we were killed in all 3 of those games.

Welcome to my world :( At least y'all will make the tournament though. We'll need a miracle ACC tourney run to even sniff it.

StoOgE

Bowser said:
Welcome to my world :( At least y'all will make the tournament though. We'll need a miracle ACC tourney run to even sniff it.

Remember when we played in Jerryworld and everyone thought it was a top 10 match up. :lol

Man, we pulled the fucking wool over their eyes. :lol

Well one thing is for sure, Barnes needs to get J'Covan Brown more playing time. Let him handle the ball the most because he can make freethrows and he's not a terrible ball handler. He's no Balbay, but Balbay is never a threat to shoot and he can't shoot freethrows either.

StoOgE

perfectchaos007 said:
Well one thing is for sure, Barnes needs to get J'Covan Brown more playing time. Let him handle the ball the most because he can make freethrows and he's not a terrible ball handler. He's no Balbay, but Balbay is never a threat to shoot and he can't shoot freethrows either.

And last game Bradley looked great. And the game before that Hamilton looked great.

Give J'Covan his shot, but NONE of these guards have looked like they have any consistency at all.

Bradley, Johnson, James, Brown and Hamilton may as well start so we can try and play for next year.. James will be gone, but he is at least trying to play unlike the rest of this team.

StoOgE said:
And last game Bradley looked great. And the game before that Hamilton looked great.

Give J'Covan his shot, but NONE of these guards have looked like they have any consistency at all.

Bradley, Johnson, James, Brown and Hamilton may as well start so we can try and play for next year.. James will be gone, but he is at least trying to play unlike the rest of this team.

Next year? our incoming class is shitty next year. We'll get Verez Ward back at least who can take care of PG hopefully. We won't miss Pittman much, but James we will definitely miss. And so far our recruiting class for 2010 is....not good.

We have to improve this year. Hopefully get our shit together before the tournament begins. I don't see next year being any better...

cashman

Banned
fucking shit. I really like Balbay but he can't shoot worth shit. J'Covan Brown looks good. Hamilton has a lot of potential but can't put it together, and Bradley is alright so far.

Bluecondor

I can't believe that Pitt is 18-6. Jamie Dixon is winning games with a team that has a Big East talent level of "a bag of stale chips and a ham sandwich". 18-6 with Gary McGhee as your starting center and Nasir Robinson as your starting power forward?????

I was so happy when our Chancellor named him head coach after Ben Howland left. I hope Jamie stays for a long time (knock on wood).

cashman

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Next year? our incoming class is shitty next year. We'll get Verez Ward back at least who can take care of PG hopefully. We won't miss Pittman much, but James we will definitely miss. And so far our recruiting class for 2010 is....not good.

We have to improve this year. Hopefully get our shit together before the tournament begins. I don't see next year being any better...
you don't neccesarily need a big class every year in basketball. I can't imagine any of our underclassmen jumping ship this year.

StoOgE

cashman said:
you don't neccesarily need a big class every year in basketball. I can't imagine any of our underclassmen jumping ship this year.

Bradley may be able to. Remember in the NBA they will throw a draft pick after potential.

The rest will be back. Our team isn't great for next year, but we have had 2 loaded classes in a row. We should be more athletic next year and probably run the ball more. On paper we should be worse next year. But on paper we aren't this bad this year.

Dragon

Banned
Bluecondor said:
I can't believe that Pitt is 18-6. Jamie Dixon is winning games with a team that has a Big East talent level of "a bag of stale chips and a ham sandwich". 18-6 with Gary McGhee as your starting center and Nasir Robinson as your starting power forward?????

I was so happy when our Chancellor named him head coach after Ben Howland left. I hope Jamie stays for a long time (knock on wood).

1. They've played a weak schedule
2. They've played only seven true road games
3. They have one good win, at the Cuse which will get them in the tournament.

You're right though, Dixon has done a good job considering the dearth of talent on the team.

Bluecondor

TheBranca18 said:
1. They've played a weak schedule
2. They've played only seven true road games
3. They have one good win, at the Cuse which will get them in the tournament.

You're right though, Dixon has done a good job considering the dearth of talent on the team.

Weak schedule? You mean out-of-conference/exhibition? Maybe (although we did play Texas), but lots of tournament teams have weak out of conference games. But - playing in the Big East - with a quality opponent night after night, Pitt will end up with a decent RPI at the end of the season.

The UConn win was a "good win." We beat them at UConn, when when they were #15 in the country. Louisville and Cincinnati are middle of the pack Big East teams, and we beat them as well.

The losses to South Florida, Seton Hall and Indiana will hurt in seeding, but none of these teams are abysmal. Indiana is probably our worst loss. Losing to WVU, Texas and Georgetown is hardly a mark against us, as they are all top 10-15 teams (Texas was #1 in the country at the time).

Road games? Come on - Georgetown has 7 road games, Nova has 9, WVU has 8, and Syracuse has 7. You act like major conference teams all have 15-20 road games or something. We beat UConn, Syracuse and Cincinnati on the road. Those are three solid road wins.

I would be thrilled if Pitt finishes in the top 25, and gets a 5 seed in the tournament. It will be tough to finish in the top 4 of the Big East to get the bye, but we should have a decent first round matchup in the Big East Tournament.

SyNapSe

perfectchaos007 said:
We won't miss Pittman much

geez, I don't know. He was a beast in the paint last night defensively. You're just relying on a lot of freshmen right now to score. KU's freshmen are either struggling or not playing at all since non-con started. We just have more vets we can rely on

I didn't see the transfer kid from Florida, Jai Lucas. Was he not doing well?

StoOgE

SyNapSe said:
geez, I don't know. He was a beast in the paint last night defensively. You're just relying on a lot of freshmen right now to score. KU's freshmen are either struggling or not playing at all since non-con started. We just have more vets we can rely on

I didn't see the transfer kid from Florida, Jai Lucas. Was he not doing well?

Pittman actually played his best game he has had in a while. He really really gave Aldrich (SP?) fits all night. Offensively he still didn't do anything, but he played a good game on D.

However, he has been a fat waste of space for the last month. That was the first good game he has played since North Carolina.

Jai Lucas doesn't get all that many minutes. He came in and played great early on when he first came back (Michigan State I think?).

I think the issue is we have too many guys getting playing time, so everyone is going out there trying to be the hero to earn more playing time the next week. Barnes needs to figure out who his guys are going to be and cut this rotation down to 8 primary guys.

Canova

Banned
From KU-Texas game last night :D

There's all kinds of theories in phog.net (Kansas's main basketball board) why those melons were strategically placed behind KU bench last night :lol

photo-18.jpg

texaschick2.jpg

UTgirl2.jpg

tn plays vandy at 7 then uk plays alabama at 9 tonight. going to the uk game, but it should be a good night for SEC basketball all around

devilhawk

canova said:
From KU-Texas game last night :D

There's all kinds of theories in phog.net (Kansas's main basketball board) why those melons were strategically placed behind KU bench last night :lol
There is a photo of her waving the wheat after the game. She's probably why Brady screwed up that ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom