• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilhawk

Yamauchi said:
The problem with Cole Aldrich is that he's as dumb as a brick, and because of this he makes some really stupid plays. He also gets trapped easily.
You mean the Academic All-American of the year Cole Aldrich?

perfectchaos007 said:
So this puts Cal on the bubble. But I think they will still get in just to get 2 Pac-10 teams in the tourny.
I don't think there's much concern about Cal getting in, even with the loss today. Won the Pac-10 conference season and 9 of their last 11. Should pull a 7 or 8 seed tomorrow.

Great Championship game tonight against Washington - it's just too bad that Cal couldn't pull it out in the end. :(

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
perfectchaos007 said:
Texas, Texas A&M, North Texas, Sam Houston St, Baylor, UH, UTEP. That's 7 teams from the state of Texas going to the NCAA mens basketball tournament. It would have been 8 but TSU couldn't hit anything in their final vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff.

edit: looks like New Mexico St. just popped another teams bubble.

That's an impressive list. Every D1 school in New Mexico is going to the tourney! All two of 'em.

chuckddd said:
That's an impressive list. Every D1 school in New Mexico is going to the tourney! All two of 'em.

woo! New Mexico domination. According to wikipedia I learned a really crazy fact. The University of Minnesota is the only D1 university in the state of Minnesota. I thought they would have more, but no they don't.

here's the list of all D1 universities arranged by state if you're bored.

btw I was suprised to see that New York has 22 D1 Universities. I thought they had way less. I guess it's because few of them play football

Yamauchi

Banned
devilhawk said:
You mean the Academic All-American of the year Cole Aldrich?
That wouldn't mean much at KU, sadly. Trust me, I'm an alumnus. The average GPA when I was there was about 3.4, and even I could maintain a 4.0 GPA for my last 3 years.

giga

dhimw

Someone will need to step up and make a march madness/tournament thread, because I'll be driving from Nashville to fl during the selection show then I'll be on vacation.

I've got to say, last night was awesome. Kentucky fans are awesome and crazy, and we're gonna bring home a trophy today. I'm pumped.

Please say Florida is on the wrong side of the bubble.

Please let my undergrad school- gatech- beat duke today.

And....let us leapfrog KU for the #1 overall seed. We dominated #15 yesterday, whereas Kansas merely beat #9.

GO CATS!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ErasureAcer said:
Thank god for the leap ahead an hour. It'd pain me if it was only 9:38am right now. Leap hour should be on selection sunday every year.

Stew over this while you wait for the game.

The selection committee will have already decided if Minnesota is in or out of the tournament before your game starts. They'll have 2 brackets ready. One if you win, one if tOSU wins. It won't matter at all how you look in the game, because it starts too late for them to redo the brackets. Is it ok to sacrifice the "eye test" in order to have the big ratings right before the selection show?

jjasper

Seth C said:
Haters.

Gonna hate. :lol
What can I say Barnhart made it easy. If there was one thing I hated in college basketball more than Cal it was Kentucky fans. Now I get to put all my hate into one place.

Seth C

jjasper said:
What can I say Barnhart made it easy. If there was one thing I hated in college basketball more than Cal it was Kentucky fans. Now I get to put all my hate into one place.

It's okay. We enjoy giving your coach, players, and fans something to whine about. I read some articles. I see they have all been doing nothing but boohooing already. Just think, Kentucky has been on probation and had down years with Tubby and Billy Clyde and your boys still couldn't manage an SEC Tournament championship in the last 3 decades. We gave you every opportunity and you still couldn't pull it off. Must suck to be you. Mighty Tennesee, 0-for since 1980. Have your boys won any tournament...in your entire LIFETIME?

I'm calling it here, Minnesota and Illinois both in with Georgia Tech the odd ones out. The committee will not reward Georgia Tech for a 7-9 record in a weak ACC year and a PATHETIC non-conference schedule.

Of course, this is provided Duke does it's job today. Thank god they have incentive to play and lock up that last #1 seed. I'm sure they'll fuck it up, just like the other 5 or so results we needed yesterday but didn't get.

jjasper

Seth C said:
It's okay. We enjoy giving your coach, players, and fans something to whine about. I read some articles. I see they have all been doing nothing but boohooing already. Just think, Kentucky has been on probation and had down years with Tubby and Billy Clyde and your boys still couldn't manage an SEC Tournament championship in the last 3 decades. We gave you every opportunity and you still couldn't pull it off. Must suck to be you. Mighty Tennesee, 0-for since 1980. Have your boys won any tournament...in your entire LIFETIME?

Nope but the SEC tournament is worthless (not say I wouldn't like to win it but I would rather win the actual conference championship)

I actually read some articles as well and I am not pleased with some of the shit I read. Any time players openly say they let the officiating get to them there are serious maturity problems. It is ok for fans to complain but you can't let that shit get to you if you are a player.

And I wouldn't say anything about whining, considering your fanbase whined so much your AD went out and hired a known cheater.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Outdoor Miner said:
I'm calling it here, Minnesota and Illinois both in with Georgia Tech the odd ones out. The committee will not reward Georgia Tech for a 7-9 record in a weak ACC year and a PATHETIC non-conference schedule.

Of course, this is provided Duke does it's job today. Thank god they have incentive to play and lock up that last #1 seed. I'm sure they'll fuck it up, just like the other 5 or so results we needed yesterday but didn't get.

You also need to root for Kentucky to crush Miss St.

Perhaps it's because my team is usually on the bubble, but the fight for the last team in has my attention.

Seth C

jjasper said:
Nope but the SEC tournament is worthless (not say I wouldn't like to win it but I would rather win the actual conference championship)

I actually read some articles as well and I am not pleased with some of the shit I read. Any time players openly say they let the officiating get to them there are serious maturity problems. It is ok for fans to complain but you can't let that shit get to you if you are a player.

And I wouldn't say anything about whining, considering your fanbase whined so much your AD went out and hired a known cheater.

Funny. "Known cheater" who has been cleared of any implication by the NCAA. It's fine to say you ASSUME he was involved, but to say it is "known" is haterade. Drink up.

jjasper said:
Man the RPI is so fucked up after getting steamrolled yesterday our RPI went up into the top 10. :lol

And yes, when the record of your opponents counts for more than your own, you know something is wrong. The absolute BEST way to abuse the RPI if you are a major conference team is by loading up on low-mid D1 teams that will likely win their conference. They are no threat to a major team, you get a win, but they only drop 2 games in conference and your RPI soars.

SyNapSe

been a fun game up to the half. Cousins had to sit a long time or Kentucky would probably be leading. Miss. st. doesn't seem to have anybody inside but Varnado. When he was out Miss. St was playing a zone and some 6'0" looking guy was trying to defend patterson down low.

Miss. St. missed a few real easy one's and put backs in the first 10 mins or so. They'll probably miss those points when Kentucky goes on a run.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Played a pretty good 1st half and up 7 at half time. Still made some dumb plays that let them back in, sigh. And no, I'm never satisfied, not until we get the W :D

SyNapSe

truly101 said:
VA Tech hasn't played ANYONE out of conferense and Seth Greenberg is a douchebag. Go Illini

Looking at their schedule they barely played anyone in conference also. Duke, Maryland, Clemson once each.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
SyNapSe said:
Looking at their schedule they barely played anyone in conference also. Duke, Maryland, Clemson once each.

Yeah, it's one of those "they went 10-6 in the ACC! They're awesome!" things. Behold, the power of the BCS.

Seth C

SyNapSe said:
great shot by Varnado. Then an even tougher shot by Bledsoe!!

Then Stansbury goes down like John Wall shot him :lol

It was like dominoes collapsing. I could watch a replay of that over and over.

SyNapSe

Vanardo is exhausted out there again. Miss. St. would be real good if they had some more depth. Kentucky is having a hard time getting much going on offense if they aren't able to fast break it down court.

SyNapSe

I like how there's only the 20 or so MSU fans right behind the bench that they have to flip the camera too. I think they have more cheerleaders than fans in the stands. If I were stansbury I'd call timeouts to let his guys rest.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Sometimes ESPN just pisses me off. All throughout this game you see the scroll at the bottom saying "First Four Out: Mississippi State, blah blahb lah"

Seriously, assholes, they're playing the game. Why the hell are you running a scroll saying that they suck and won't win?

Sometimes I think that the people at ESPN are just idiots and all need to be slapped/fired.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Seth C said:
We're great at shooting them! Just not making them...

i understand we can win without them nine times out of ten, but if we had someone who could just shoot the fucking lights out, we'd be nearly unstoppable.

SyNapSe

whytemyke,

Everyone wants to watch games where a team has to win to make the playoffs. That's effectively what they are saying. Win2get in, people love watching that shit and all kinds of teams on the bubble are watching to see if another spot is gone.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
SyNapSe said:
whytemyke,

Everyone wants to watch games where a team has to win to make the playoffs. That's effectively what they are saying. Win2get in, people love watching that shit and all kinds of teams on the bubble are watching to see if another spot is gone.
If that's what I thought they were doing it'd be one thing, but they're not. It's just ESPN being so arrogant and thinking that they know everything that's gonna happen with sports and assuming that Miss St is gonna shit the bed and lose to the mighty Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom