• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkworm

WoooooooooOO! UF is in and a 10th seed at that *agog*. Thank you NCAA Selection Committee!!!! :D And thank you improved OOC schedule!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The committee fucked UK and didn't do KU any favors either. If either of you win the title, you earned it.

Sorry Illinois

Blown away that Florida and GT got in and we didn't.

Onto the NIT with traditional powers UNC, UConn, and Arizona!

I like what I saw from the team in the B10 tourney. Hopefully this breaks their hearts and we come out next year guns blazing.

Kentucky is fucked. That is a tough bracket.

NewLib

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:

I like what I saw from the team in the B10 tourney. Hopefully this breaks their hearts and we come out next year guns blazing.

Sorry about your luck.

About Kentucky's bracket, Im actually not too worried. Texas and Wake Forest might be playing like the two worst at large in the tournament the last month. Temple and Wisconsin really dont send chills down my spine. WVU is going to be tough but I expected it.

Kansas got fucked. Maryland and Izzo in their half with Georgetown and Ohio State in the bottom.

JCX

I think I'll actually pick my team to go all the way this year now that they're worse. Don't question my (lack of) logic!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Jtyettis said:
I'm okay with the East, but the south is as weak as it gets. Midwest is brutal.

South is super weak. Teams I am most scared of is Louisville and Baylor, but we only get Baylor in the elite 8

giga

Outdoor Miner said:

? GT were locked after we got to the ACC final. Our RPI is fuck-awesome.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm still a bit shocked we made it in. I thought that early exit in the SEC would knock us out. But c'est la vie, and we get a shot at a 7-10 upset!

bachikarn

Florida basically got in because of our hard OOC schedule (especially when compared to the other bubble teams). The fact that we were a 10 seed also probably means we were in once we beat Auburn in the first round of the SEC tournament.

The NCAA essentially punished the SEC last year because so many teams schedule cupcakes. The SEC commissioner told all SEC teams to make their schedules harder. Florida did, while others didn't like Miss. St. Miss St. had a great run recently, but I don't think the NCAA wanted to send a message that it was okay to schedule cupcakes all throughout November and December. Not to mention how godawful the SEC West was this year and Miss. St's decent conference schedule was due to them being able to play the crappy West teams twice.

wow, Illinois got screwed. Minnesota got in because they beat down a hummel-less Purdue, oh well. Good luck to KU and UK, the two best teams get paired with the two toughest 2 seeds, though I think KU can still take down OSU.

lakesideflight said:
wow, Illinois got screwed. Minnesota got in because they beat down a hummel-less Purdue, oh well. Good luck to KU and UK, the two best teams get paired with the two toughest 2 seeds, though I think KU can still take down OSU.

Yeah we got screwed. Apparently the best thing that could have happened to us was getting the 6th seed in the BT tourney so we could have faced an easy win against Penn State in the 1st round and then weakened MSU and Purdue squads. smh

On the bright side this was the last of a string of mediocre seasons. The next 4 years are going to be about as good as the last have been bad.

scoobs

lakesideflight said:

Are you kidding me? Illinois had an awful record they shouldn't have even been considered.

scoobs said:
Are you kidding me? Illinois had an awful record they shouldn't have even been considered.

meh, I thought wins vs Vanderbilt, @clemson, vs MSU, @Wisconsin, and vs Wisconsin would've been good enough, but looking at their espn page they do have quite a bit of questionable losses.

Well I just bought tickets for the Thursday 12pm game and Thursday 6pm game in New Orleans. My sister goes to Sam Houston St. so we both have reason to go lol.

DJ_Tet

Banned
IMO college basketball is way down this year so if your team didn't make it, they would have never had a shot in most years.

bluemax

Banned
DJ_Tet said:
IMO college basketball is way down this year so if your team didn't make it, they would have never had a shot in most years.

Considering how dreaful the Pac 10 is this year I would agree!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
really enjoyed this year of college ball. first year in a long while i've enjoyed this much really. definitely has a lot to do with the way UK is playing, of course.

i told some people at dinner this: i would rather have had the fun team to watch we've had this year and lose in the first round of the tournament than to have another boring-ass team like we've had the past ten years and have them win it all. those were laborious, dreadful teams to watch much of the time. i like basketball teams that are fast, and fun. we just played a boring slow game of basketball for much of the late nineties and most of this decade.

wizword

Banned
The weakest #1's in basketball that is for sure. Kentucky Wildcats, and Duke are weakest #1 seed teams in a while. Ohio St, and West Virginia are teams I would rather not play.

bill0527

bachikarn said:
Florida basically got in because of our hard OOC schedule (especially when compared to the other bubble teams). The fact that we were a 10 seed also probably means we were in once we beat Auburn in the first round of the SEC tournament.

The NCAA essentially punished the SEC last year because so many teams schedule cupcakes. The SEC commissioner told all SEC teams to make their schedules harder. Florida did, while others didn't like Miss. St. Miss St. had a great run recently, but I don't think the NCAA wanted to send a message that it was okay to schedule cupcakes all throughout November and December. Not to mention how godawful the SEC West was this year and Miss. St's decent conference schedule was due to them being able to play the crappy West teams twice.

Miss St. fucked themselves. They are a great team when they show up to play Kentucky, but scheduled cupcakes like Rider and then lost to them in their OOC. I don't feel bad for them one bit not getting in even though they damn near beat us twice. If they brought that kind of intensity to the rest of their schedule they wouldn't even be in the bubble position to start with, and that's a lesson that most of the rest of the SEC can learn. They play their best damn games of the year when UK comes to down, but don't do shit in the OOC or in their division. I guess we really are most of the bottom half the conference's Super Bowl.

Seth C

wizword said:
The weakest #1's in basketball that is for sure. Kentucky Wildcats, and Duke are weakest #1 seed teams in a while. Ohio St, and West Virginia are teams I would rather not play.

What team are you a fan of, exactly? We shared one opponent with Kansas and won 2 of 3, including a 29 point win. We lost two fucking games all year, and we would spank the fuck out of Ohio State 9 times out of 10.

bill0527 said:
Miss St. fucked themselves. They are a great team when they show up to play Kentucky, but scheduled cupcakes like Rider and then lost to them in their OOC. I don't feel bad for them one bit not getting in even though they damn near beat us twice. If they brought that kind of intensity to the rest of their schedule they wouldn't even be in the bubble position to start with, and that's a lesson that most of the rest of the SEC can learn. They play their best damn games of the year when UK comes to down, but don't do shit in the OOC or in their division. I guess we really are most of the bottom half the conference's Super Bowl.

If the rest of the SEC played every game the way they do against Kentucky we would have 6 SEC teams in the tournament every year. Mississippi State spent the whole season, save two games, dicking around losing games. It's pathetic.

Silkworm

Outdoor Miner said:
NIT brackets out

Notables - Seed
Illinois - 1
UNC - 4
UConn - 4
VTech - 1
Miss St - 1

I know the NIT is worthless and a losers field, but this years might be fun to watch. Oh fuck who am I kidding?

/wrist
So, er, according to that bracket, Illinois is playing at Stony Brook? That's a little strange/weird. Am I reading it right?

Silkworm said:
So, er, according to that bracket, Illinois is playing at Stony Brook? That's a little strange/weird. Am I reading it right?

We can't host our 1st round game due to a scheduling conflict. Cirque Du Soleil booked Assembly Hall.

I guess those in charge thought we'd be off in the NCAA's playing elsewhere.

wizword

Banned
Seth C said:
What team are you a fan of, exactly? We shared one opponent with Kansas and won 2 of 3, including a 29 point win. We lost two fucking games all year, and we would spank the fuck out of Ohio State 9 times out of 10.

If the rest of the SEC played every game the way they do against Kentucky we would have 6 SEC teams in the tournament every year. Mississippi State spent the whole season, save two games, dicking around losing games. It's pathetic.
Ohio State played the hardest schedule in the NCAA in which I would say is the hardest division. The SEC and ACC are really weak this year. I would say they would get destroyed by most Big East and Big 10 teams. Kentucky had a weak schedule and struggled in most of their wins. Even though they are classified as a top 1 team, I would say those 2 teams are not likely to make it in the final four or elite eight.

Seth C

wizword said:
Ohio State played the hardest schedule in the NCAA in which I would say is the hardest division. The SEC and ACC are really weak this year. I would say they would get destroyed by most Big East and Big 10 teams. Kentucky had a weak schedule and struggled in most of their wins. Even though they are classified as a top 1 team, I would say those 2 teams are not likely to make it in the final four or elite eight.

RPI Saaaayyyys...SEC is better than Big Ten. I know you love your conference, but the Big Ten blows. Ohio State is decent, Purdue sucks, Michigan State is falling apart, Indiana is one of the worst teams in any major conference. Ohio State's SOS is 63. 63! Hardest schedule in the country? Where are you pulling this stuff from? Ohio State played one team in the RPI Top 10. They lost. They played 6 teams in the RPI Top 20. They lost 4.

How can anyone say UK is one of the worst # 1 seeds in a while, they have more future NBA players than any team in the country, and more than all the final four teams from last year excluding UNC.

Seth C

AwesomeSyrup said:
How can anyone say UK is one of the worst # 1 seeds in a while, they have more future NBA players than any team in the country, and more than all the final four teams from last year excluding UNC.

The only person who could would also be clueless enough to say Ohio State played in the best conference and had the hardest schedule in the country.

Bowser

Seth C said:
RPI Saaaayyyys...SEC is better than Big Ten. I know you love your conference, but the Big Ten blows. Ohio State is decent, Purdue sucks, Michigan State is falling apart, Indiana is one of the worst teams in any major conference. Ohio State's SOS is 63. 63! Hardest schedule in the country? Where are you pulling this stuff from? Ohio State played one team in the RPI Top 10. They lost. They played 6 teams in the RPI Top 20. They lost 4.

stewartstiffarm1.gif

Seth C = J-Stew
wizword = Ronde Barber

Novid

Banned
If your team got screwed out of the Tourny, or didnt get the right seed (Temple at #5? ARE THEY FUCKING KIDDING ME with NOVA at the #2?), just remember...

The same idiots wants 96 teams.

96 TEAMS.

NEXT YEAR.

Just sayin.

clav

Outdoor Miner said:
NIT brackets out

Notables - Seed
Illinois - 1
UNC - 4
UConn - 4
VTech - 1
Miss St - 1

I know the NIT is worthless and a losers field, but this years might be fun to watch. Oh fuck who am I kidding?

/wrist
Northwestern - 7

Basically, Northwestern was one of the last teams in the NIT.

A first in school history! Back to back NIT invitations.

wizword

Banned
I personally despise RPI because I'm a pac 10 fan and they were bad but they aren't as horrible as march madness is making them out to be. Ohio St in reality lost 4 games (one against west virginia, and purdue which both should be in elite 8). The kentucky jayhawks won most of their games but also struggled big time in their schedule.

Seth C

wizword said:
I personally despise RPI because I'm a pac 10 fan and they were bad but they aren't as horrible as march madness is making them out to be. Ohio St in reality lost 4 games (one against west virginia, and purdue which both should be in elite 8). The kentucky jayhawks won most of their games but also struggled big time in their schedule.

You...haven't actually watched any basketball this season, have you? Don't chat; tell me two players on the Kentucky roster. No, don't bother. There is no chance I will believe you didn't look it up. :lol

NewLib

Banned
wizword said:
I personally despise RPI because I'm a pac 10 fan and they were bad but they aren't as horrible as march madness is making them out to be. Ohio St is in reality lost 4 games (one against west virginia, and purdue which both should be in elite 8. The kentucky jayhawks won most of their games but also struggled big time in their schedule.

Ohio State beat Michigan on a buzzer beater and went to double OT with Illinois. I dont see how this is any less struggling than Kentucky.

wizword

Banned
Seth C said:
You...haven't actually watched any basketball this season, have you?
I watch college basketball everyday. :D :lol. Kentucky Vanderbilt, and Mississippi St and Kentucky game were the two I saw on espn. Wildcats didn't play like a #1 seed in either game.

Seth C

vas_a_morir said:
He's trollin'.

One can only hope. Part of me, however, is starting to believe he is just someone who thinks he knows college hoops because he watched two UCLA games this season.

Bowser

wizword said:

:lol Purdue will be lucky to get past Siena.

wizword

Banned
Seth C said:
You...haven't actually watched any basketball this season, have you? Don't chat; tell me two players on the Kentucky roster. No, don't bother. There is no chance I will believe you didn't look it up. :lol
Demarcus and wall. Not too hard seeing how they are both top 10 picks.

Seth C

wizword said:
Demarcus and wall. Not too hard seeing how they are both top 10 picks.

Yeah. Two top 10 NBA lottery picks playing on one of the worst #1 seeds in NCAA tournament history, with only two losses. I see where you're going with this.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Outdoor Miner said:
NIT brackets out

Notables - Seed
Illinois - 1
UNC - 4
UConn - 4
VTech - 1
Miss St - 1

/wrist

How does a 16-16, beat nobody UNC team get a home game in the NIT? Hopefully Will and Mary beats them.

They really should have matched up Arizona St and NCSU. That game would have drew well on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom