• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

So I know nothing about assistant coaches in the SEC, aside from Laney, but I feel like i should want this LSU DC to come to A&M. Clearly good at his job, and based on LSU players in the draft, good at recruiting. Thoughts, Tiger fans or others?

Enfinit

I know we're all about football in here, but FSU just beat UF on a buzzer-beater because a UF player knocked the ball into their own basket.

Fuck the Gatasssssssssss.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lots of hugging with Richt.

May this IS this end, after all

Lol at the wind in this next bowl game.

GMAC in the house

Lonestar

holy shit, the Foster Farms bowl should not exist. The crowd looks like a Georgia Tech home game.

People tried to make it to the game, but were blown off course by the wind, and are stuck in Oakland, just like the Raiders draft picks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Omg PLS no.
*pukes

Well I mean why wouldn't he? Jimbo is great at developing QBs for the NFL, even when they aren't that great of qbs. And he would be a likely starter on a competitive team. I don't care either way, but it seems like a good career move. Better than Duke anyway. And better than staying in Columbus.

Jimbo is about to have his third straight starting QB drafted in the first round.

Lonestar

no, Jimbo really isn't. NFL teams are starving for any signs of QB talent, and they'll throw away picks at them.

JaMarcus Russell (purple drank into 300 lb+ retirement)
Matt Flynn (turned a few decent performances on a offensive talent loaded GB team, into multiple stops that amounted to nothing).

a few other LSU guys:
Josh Booty, sixth round, 2001
Rohan Davey, fourth round, 2002
Craig Nall, fifth round, 2002
Matt Mauck, seventh round, 2004

Christian Ponder (well, he married nice)
Ej Manual (hanging by a thread, because the guy who replaced him is retiring)

Buffalo's GM, backtracking from saying Manual was a busted draft pick:
"I always say it's a Buffalo Bills pick," Bills general manager Doug Whaley said. "You guys can assign blame wherever you want, but when we're in draft meetings it is a consensus recommendation for our whole organization of where this guy's valued and where we should pick him in the draft."

Whaley using the word "blame" might suggest an admission that the Manuel pick was a failure.

"I wouldn't say it was a failure," Whaley later retorted. "His career's not over. It's just getting started. So that's how I feel about it."

and, I can't predict the future, but I see dark clouds in Winston's NFL future.

Hell, Jake Coker couldn't beat out a converted running back in Blake Sims ;P

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
no, Jimbo really isn't. NFL teams are starving for any signs of QB talent, and they'll throw away picks at them.

JaMarcus Russell (purple drank into 300 lb+ retirement)
Matt Flynn (turned a few decent performances on a offensive talent loaded GB team, into multiple stops that amounted to nothing).

a few other LSU guys:
Josh Booty, sixth round, 2001
Rohan Davey, fourth round, 2002
Craig Nall, fifth round, 2002
Matt Mauck, seventh round, 2004

Christian Ponder (well, he married nice)
Ej Manual (hanging by a thread, because the guy who replaced him is retiring)

Buffalo's GM, backtracking from saying Manual was a busted draft pick:

and, I can't predict the future, but I see dark clouds in Winston's NFL future.

Hell, Jake Coker couldn't beat out a converted running back in Blake Sims ;P

Manuel Ponder and Russell failed because they just aren't that good. But Jimbo got them drafted high.

And Winston will be drafted high.

Whether he is bamboozling teams into thinking his qbs are better than they are is kind of immaterial. They still have been getting drafted. Everything after that is on them.

Enron, your day has been made!

Ryan McGee ‏@ESPNMcGee 11m11 minutes ago
#UGA HC Mark Richt asked about retirement rumors. Turns to Chubb "Nick, am I retiring? No? OK." Back next yr? "That's the plan"

Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!

Notre Dame WON!!?!?!?

WTF Les.

And to think you come from my beloved hometown of Elyria, and you lose to the freaking Irish? My others picks were on at least, but what the hell.

Lonestar

I've looked at my pickem's twice. When I made it, and about 5 days ago.

I imagine I'm dominating. No need to bother checking again.

Draxal

By the way, did anybody not have Stanford as their highest confidence points?

Very glad that Rutgers wasn't picked for this bowl, going cross country to play Stanford is a very very tough task. There is no way USC would have lost to BC if they didn't have to travel 3500 miles north east.

Very glad that Rutgers wasn't picked for this bowl, going cross country to play Stanford is a very very tough task. There is no way USC would have lost to BC if they didn't have to travel 3500 miles north east.

Nah, it was let down game after the big win against Stanford. If USC played BC before Stanford they would have won.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well I mean why wouldn't he? Jimbo is great at developing QBs for the NFL, even when they aren't that great of qbs. And he would be a likely starter on a competitive team. I don't care either way, but it seems like a good career move. Better than Duke anyway. And better than staying in Columbus.

Jimbo is about to have his third straight starting QB drafted in the first round.

Not so fast my friend. Better QB play would have certainly put us over Miami and VT, and probably ASU as well. Miller going to Duke would also have a really sizable impact on Duke's program, FSU or Oregon? Not so much. I think its one of those things where its going to be nice that Duke is on the list, but he'll pick elsewhere (or maybe his parents want him to get a Duke degree). The Driskel thing sounds like its happening anyway. He's officially put in for Duke to contact him.

andycapps

That LSU game was nonsense. Cyan, I can't believe your team screwed that up.

Holy shit Chubb.

He's a monster. He's 4th on the list of single season rushing yards at UGA, the top 3 spaces are all held by Walker. If he'd started all season long, I honestly think he'd be number 1 easily. He's not better than Walker, but he could have beaten his single season rushing yards. He's much further along than where Gurley was as a true freshman, and Gurley is a freak.

Louisville got completely dominated all game long. We didn't belong in this shit-tier, garbage piece of shit bowl.

Louisville looked pretty good on the first drive, then Pruitt made adjustments and pretty well neutralized them the whole game. The only thing they had at that point was Parker, who is a monster.
Lots of hugging with Richt.

May this IS this end, after all

There have been rumors, though I think they're ridiculous and I'll believe it when I see it. There have also been rumors that there's a lot of tension between the coaching staff and between the athletic department, which I think was made public with Pruitt coming out about the indoor practice facility and giving our AD a gentle push by issuing a vote of confidence that they'll get it done quickly.

Grats to the Dawgs. They pantsed us :/

Maybe better luck next year. I'll be honest, I saw all the hallmarks of a Grantham coached defense last night that we suffered through when he was at UGA. Namely, there were 7 times that Louisville didn't line up properly on defense prior to the snap. One led to an easy Nick Chubb touchdown. Also, the wearing down of the defense as the game went on was reminiscent of when we got beat down in the second half of the 2012 SECCG by Bama.

Richt seemed to follow the same formula we have all year, keep running the ball throughout the game and in the second half those 2 yard runs become 5 yard runs and if he gets to the second level, Chubb is gone. Louisville was putting 8 and 9 men in the box in the 4th quarter, so UGA countered by only having one WR and putting all of our guys in the box too. Louisville was just getting bludgeoned over and over. Sooner or later Chubb will get free when guys get tired of being hit over and over. The kid doesn't get tired.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, did anybody not have Stanford as their highest confidence points?

I had them at third highest. I had Arizona State over Duke as second highest.

As my pick for the highest confidence points, I have the championship game (in which we currently don't even know which two teams are playing). GO HARD OR GO HOME.

All the newborns at OSU Hospital are getting these:

B6MMUwpIMAAd-mX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom