• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That looks like advertisement placed on an unwilling participant.

Couldn't you wait 2 or 3 weeks, so you can then sprint down a football field with them and get the head coach to sign it?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me of the Virginia Tech #BeatBama hype from last season. tOSU will probably come closer than they did.

Couldn't you wait 2 or 3 weeks, so you can then sprint down a football field with them and get the head coach to sign it?

The running of the... uh, whatever Buckeye fans are called?

11W: While you were sleeping, Ohio State fans violated Alabama's Bear Bryant and Nick Saban statues

eZdUd4a.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
I still think it's pretty weird of them to have a statue of their current coach.

Meanwhile, we don't even have a Barry Sanders statue.

HeySeuss

Bama has a statue of Saban? Why would you have a statue of a current coach? Especially after Paterno. Seems sort of pompous to put up a statue when he's not finished his stint with the current team.

SEC gonna SEC

andycapps

Bama has a statue of Saban? Why would you have a statue of a current coach? Especially after Paterno. Seems sort of pompous to put up a statue when he's not finished his stint with the current team.

SEC gonna SEC

It's definitely weird that they have a statue of Saban while he's still there. But I think this sort of behavior is pretty much limited to Bama. And maybe A&M if they were to ever reach that level of success
shudders

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

SEC gonna SEC
If it was an isolated statue, I would agree. It's not like Paterno where the statue was erected solely in honor of the coach himself. It's on the "walk of champions" or whatever the fuck we call it, with statues of all of our coaches who have won national championships. There are also plaques commemorating each national championship winning team in the same area as their coach.

Had Saban left for Texas last year then it wouldn't have changed the fact that he won three national championships here.

Honestly, the biggest sin is that it's such an awful statue. I'm surprised he didn't leave for another school after seeing it.

inm8num2

It goes without saying, but there should have been an eight-team playoff. TCU and Baylor were both just as deserving of a spot.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wish Bo was Bad Bo all the time.

Just noticed Bo's wearing Eye Black inside. Stupidity knows no limit.

TCU showing they don't belong.

pxleyes

Banned
TCU is every 13 year old boy's dream team. An uncontainable amount of testosterone, an offense a gamer could love, and they fly on defense.

Bask in the glory of the horn frog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom